The online racing simulator
Škoda Felicia
Started working on a budget Czech hatchback from 90s.

In loving memory of my first ride - the world's slowest car with a shark mouth.

Attached images
felda.jpg
Progress: found necessary technical data, defined engine and gearbox and started working on a model
Attached images
felda_progress_00.jpg
If you'll add the rust and holes in the floor, then you'll have my 6 stars rating.
Yes, looking forward to it!
Quote from Kid222 :If you'll add the rust and holes in the floor, then you'll have my 6 stars rating.

Okay, adding a special configuration with rust on my todo list. Poor fifth doors.

Progress: adding detail to the front. Found some repair manuals for accurate suspension and wheel alignment and homologation documents for kit car versions (future work? collaboration?).
Attached images
felda_progress_01.jpg
Quote from stuchlo :Started working on a budget Czech hatchback from 90s.

In loving memory of my first ride - the world's slowest car with a shark mouth.

Ey yoo that's Fhe "Felicita"

Still looking forward to it Smile
Progress: front bumper. Decided to try more detailed mesh than my previous mods (still low poly, but little smoother).
Attached images
felda_progress_02.jpg
Progress: optimized front polygons and shading with gaps. Added rims, a realistic frame, wheel alignment, steering and the first version of suspension.
Attached images
felda_progress_03.jpg
Looks great!
i think i may have seen your car irl Uhmm
Progress: modeled doors and windows
Quote from Flame CZE :Looks great!

Thanks Smile

Quote from johneysvk :i think i may have seen your car irl Uhmm

It is possible, the car was used as a road-trip and expedition vehicle (a biology research) all over Slovakia back in the day. Also, that punk paint-job was little conspicuous. Loved how the car made people smile, but had to scrap it, because of rust and some other mechanical problems.
Attached images
felda_progress_04.jpg
Progress: tuned wheel alignment and suspension travel according to the service manual, added a realistic center of gravity, completed physics (except dampers, where a more accurate linear approximation is needed to fit values obtained from the service manual). Started modeling the rear. The first test-drive feels surprisingly realistic. The front bumper almost buried itself to the ground and the outer rear wheel lifted above the surface during a sharp cornering. The real car did the same thing, when going too fast through a roundabout (the slower versions did not have an anti-roll bar).
Attached images
felda_progress_05.jpg
Progress: finished rear outer proportions
Attached images
felda_progress_06.jpg
Damn

Lookin' nice Thumbs up
Thanks Smile
Progress: started working on the interior. Added rear seats
Attached images
felda_progress_07.jpg
Progress: modeled front seats. Minor shading adjustments. Adjusted seat positions and frame to maintain a correct center of gravity. Tried to contact Škoda Motorsport to allow the IRL car name and logo for both stock and Kit Car versions.
Attached images
felda_progress_08.jpg
A lesson learned today.

I am working on my mods for more than a year and have learnt a lot about car physics and 3D modeling (yes I am still an amateur but with each iteration it is getting more and more driveable). Modding requires a lot of work and in combination with gained confidence I have decided to push my limits further. Inspired by timdecnodders SAAB, I have decided to create my first fully licensed detailed replica.

Unfortunately, getting a license from a car manufacturer is much more complicated than expected and can be pretty expensive (especially when creation of mod is a hobby which is done for free). I hope that after more than 50 hours of modeling, technical research and physics tuning I will not be forced to abandon my plans. I am currently pausing this project, my request might be answered next week.

Attached images
felda_progress_09.jpg
Quote from stuchlo :I will not be forced to abandon my plans. I am currently pausing this project...

Even if you don't get the permission (or a free license), you can always change the name and logo and upload it, no need to abandon it. Shrug

Edit: But indeed this model looks great! It will be a nice mod too, with all that work put into it. The name and the logo doesn't matter that much if you love what you do.
Quote from Evolution_R :Even if you don't get the permission (or a free license), you can always change the name and logo and upload it, no need to abandon it. Shrug

Edit: But indeed this model looks great! It will be a nice mod too, with all that work put into it. The name and the logo doesn't matter that much if you love what you do.

Thanks for your support Smile
Currently it is not about the logo but about the overall design. In my previous mods, there were always some visual changes (slightly altered lights and bumpers), but in this case I have tried to keep visuals accurate. Not going to scrap the mod, in the worst case it will get a fictional facelift. However I need to pause it until the manufacturers reply. Need to know if I am allowed to use the real design or not.
To gain a non-commercial license from the manufacturer to use the IRL design, badges and name I have to finish at least one model first. Currently I have two models in development - a 1997 Škoda Felicia and a 1972 Škoda 110LS. The second one is much easier to finish (the car has much simpler interior) so I will finish it first to gain license for both models. If I will fail to gain the license, both mods will get a fantasy facelift. On the other hand, if I will get the license, I am ready to create a quality licensed rally versions of both mods.
Thanks to nice and cooperative people from Škoda Auto, I have obtained license for both stock and Kit Car version of Škoda Felicia and have returned to this detailed replica project Smile

Progress: added side mirrors + minor shading fixes.
Attached images
felda_progress_10.jpg
You obviously are putting lots of effort into your mods and it pays off. Thumbs up
Happy to see that you also got the license.
Sounds good!
Thanks for support Smile

Progress: smoother door and mudguard shading. Added outer door-handles
Attached images
felda_progress_11.jpg
Progress: minor shading optimizations, added mud flaps, places for logos and front fog lights. Started modelling a dashboard and a chassis. Fixed weight.
Attached images
felda_progress_12.jpg

Škoda Felicia
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG