The online racing simulator
Issues with FFB
I have a simucube 2 pro wheel base. I posted on that forum as well, but there are not many posts about this game on there. I am hoping someone here might be able to help.

I'm looking for a good FFB profile that has good feel for road in it, BUT it doesn't have massive spikes that break hands. I currently keep seeing people recommending 25nm profiles with ulimited torque bandwidth and no slew rate and as soon as you tap a wall for instance the wheel will jerk out of your hand.

I've even had a weird thing when testing with a friend trying to see what a larger hit from another car would be like (not plowing you off the road, but say a bad break and a good size tap in the read) and my wheel will jerk SUPER HARD to the left to the bump stop with so much force the wheel beeps letting me know that 25nm was exceeded! Any recommendations would be great for profiles or how others may have lowered the spikes through this wheel base (or others if they had the same issue).
Hi, I would first make sure that the game itself sends non clipped ffb signal. In the recent update an ffb bar graph was added just under the pedal bar graphs. Use it to tweak ffb strenght in lfs such that this bar never goes red (this is clipping), under normal driving. Since you have a 25Nm wheel monster, you have plenty of headroom, to set ingame ffb very low, such that even in the event of a crash you see little to no clipping. In practice, this would mean that mostly for every car/track combo you would need about 5% of ffb strenght in lfs or even less.

LFS is known to have very harsh peaks in the event of a crash, it's basically unrestricted intensities and you will probably not be able to avoid clipping even when using minimal amount of ffb possible which is 1%. I'm talking about crash situations where in real life would certainly lead to death of driver, so 100+ G's or something. But good thing about clipping is that in this case you can use it as a hard limit, because this is the max ffb signal intensity that the game will send. In game you adjust dynamic ffb signal range and in your wheel you set the value in Nm of this peak. Maybe 25Nm is way too much and 10-15Nm would be better to use.

I don't know much about available settings in your wheel control panel, but I think there should be something eqivalent to a compression, or some sort of smart reduction. Anything that would limit harsh ffb peaks will do.

So far, no one in our community has used this wheel, so your own input on optimal settings for it would be valuable for us.

Issues with FFB
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG