The online racing simulator
rFactor is out - Who's gonna be the first to give us some comparisons?
The full release of rFactor just hit the net and I know some hard core LFS players have their activation codes purchased already. So, who's going to be the first person to give us a review and some comparisons to LFS (and GTR, GTL, etc)?
im in the process of obtaining it 1 hour left . i dun think its fair to post initiall comments in here, and i think if i post at the RF section theyd get annoyed becuase its not official stated as released... tricky situation

edit: oops as ive written this it seems its officiall.
#3 - Gunn
Moving this to the off-topic section where it belongs.
#4 - Silly
I got it and I'm pretty impressed; the handling of the cars is excellent, much better than the MP demo. I think I will play this one a lot...

edit: Hm, size limit for picture attachments (my "world record" as I was the first to finish a flying lap )- I thought it would just get a thumbnail link.
Attached files
SILLY.zip - 96.3 KB - 373 views
from another forum...

Quote from sir tux of tuxland : after playing for an hour (testing session and season mode) im not impressed.

mabey someone can help sort these isues out...

my brake light is allways on. i set brake deadzone to 15%
i have to have anti lock brakes to high, if i touch the brakes then a big plume of smoke is in the mirror (not even 25% brake pressed).

might be because of my braking isues but the teamred car is slower then the uf1000 :/

i just dont feel very imersed in the game

not sure if its a fov, textures, whatever but i just dont feel like im in the car unlike in lfs

also theres no demo mode, so i had to shell out actual money for it! *dies*
#6 - Djbob
Disappointed. Its very early days though so no doubt will adjust to feel etc. but I find it similair to GT Legends in that I dont feel any connection with track, which is what it is about I believe. Infact I feel like I am in a spaceship with all those wierd colours and lights going on. Prob would not have spent hard earned £ on it if had tried an updated demo. In my (very early) opinion, I will be not be spending much less time on LFS I imagine.. shows what a good job these three guys must have done.

edit: it seems there is a 48 hour money back guarentee, excellent.
#7 - ORION
i had that with GTR, where the feeling of traction, imo lfs is the only sim that replicates feeling through the steering column, and this is the key factor to lfs feeling the way it does, i reckon its a feel u gota get used too.
Quote from ORION :I can only quote Hoellsen from the German Forum

Man, the in-car view in rFactor is HORRIBLE! It doesn't look or feel the least bit real to me. What's the game on the right?
Thats a comedy image.

I didn't like the MP Demo of rFactor. I don't like the hype of rFactor. No one who I trust has said much/anything good about rFactor.

I shall not be paying good money for this 'game' until (if?) it becomes a must have due to mod support etc etc. But F1C had good mods, and I never payed for that - it was awful.

The graphics in rF look like my art when aged 4
The sound is no better than GTL, and that's pretty awful imo. Not a patch on LFS's feedback. In fact, I'm convinced some sounds (and I'm basing this on the MP Demo) were just copied out of GTL...
The feeling is ALL wrong.
The naffness is just too big.

I'm not missing out, at least yet, by not buying it.
I will save my £24.99.
I have already, recently, paid for S3.

I made the right decision.

I fully appreciate that my OPINION is NOT definitive fact, and I may as yet be proven wrong. However, rFactor has done NOTHING to convince me to buy it.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Man, the in-car view in rFactor is HORRIBLE! It doesn't look or feel the least bit real to me. What's the game on the right?

Same question.

It looks nice.
when playing the demo it felt like i was sitting in a truck. I dont see what the big hype over this game is about.
Quote from Cue-Ball :What's the game on the right?

GTP for papy n2003 done by redlinedev. Best mod ever imo, but im suspicious
also prolly the hardest to dev since it required much reverse engineering and emplyed quite a few coders... also includes updated adapted vroc online app. a gem of the sim world , shadowed by the ludicrous and unqualifiable behaviour of first-racing/iracing against mods. 1.0 rls with 1.1 frontend/physics is the best combo u can have...
Here's a few pics i did at dev/testing time (i had a blast testing the 23764 physics builds with the rest of the chimps )

http://66.98.226.14:65080/gtp.html

http://66.98.226.14:65080/color.gif

Love the signature kid..... lol...
It owns LFS. Tyres physic are just awesome as everything else

I didn't like the demo but i love the full game. It sounds weird at the beginning, but after around 20/30 laps it's sounds real driving/physics
Quote from ORION :I can only quote Hoellsen from the German Forum
Quote :http://www.skidmarkracing.org.uk/downloads/game.jpg

Wow, hate to say it, but I cannot believe I didn't realize rFactor's interior's look like crap. No better or worse than LFS tho Still, an insanely silvery bright steering wheel looks horrible. And the LCD guages :zombie:

EDIT: There is also a curved rollcage bar on the front a-pillar??? Structurally, that is a bad idea, and I have never seen a rollcage like that. Most cages are built with straight, solid bars, not curved ones....

I still don't even like the look of their tracks either. When playing the private test version at the infield oval track, it seemed like I was racing at a slot car track with plastic props everywhere. Still narrow as hell, and the curbs still look like candy cane texture.

I think I am gonna wait for an honest opinion to come to a conclusion for this game... If there are many positive ones, and GOOD insightful ones, I might buy it, but the chances already look slim for me.
RFactor *First Impression*
I have been playing the full release version of R Factor and all those people who was wondering how it would compare....

well...

LFS still wins in my books
Quote from Phlos :It owns LFS.

thats suberb. you have a new scene to hack now. cya.
Well, The graphics are not the greatest, they have that dingy look like all the other ISI sims, not crisp or clear.

Physics? They are quite good, but I like s2 better. (a matter of opinion though.)

MP, Great, as good as or better than, s2 or pappy`s.

Ffb, ok.

I do love the day to night transition and the night driving.

A.I. Not as dumb as s2`s but not a whole lot brighter either.

I haven`t played it for more than a couple of hours though, so my impressions could change, but if your an onliner like I am, so far so good.
Can u give us more info.. Physics wise, can you do a video or something..?? I mean, i believe you but it would be good to hear some more..
well i cant really do vids or anything but..

it just doesnt feel like im in a car..

maybe the way im setting it up but to me its just not right..

some of the things i like for example

- smash your car during race, when you pit in it doesnt fix it
- headlights
- day / night transitions
- the way you 'do-up' your car
- the way you need x ammount or experience to join multiplayer games

but other than that its ust basically another racing game. nothing special.
Quote from stratocaster :
MP, Great, as good as or better than, s2 or pappy`s.

that goes against a torrent of opinions i've been hearing , but ok... each with their own
ot: here's a request to anyone that reads this. when doing a thread, try to name it with words that relate to the content. makes search easier and helps general readbility of forum.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :thats suberb. you have a new scene to hack now. cya.

Lamer.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :that goes against a torrent of opinions i've been hearing , but ok... each with their own

I have cable, with 6mb down and 750 kbs up so I don`t have a whole lot of trouble online anyway.

I been on three servers so far and didn`t see any lag or warp so far.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG