The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 43: Touge
(85 posts, started )
Quote from nicode69 :I think i misunderstood what it meant

Touge (峠 tōge?) is a Japanese word literally meaning "pass." It refers to a mountain pass or any of the narrow, winding roads that can be found in and around the mountains of Japan and other geographically similar areas.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Touge (峠 tōge?) is a Japanese word literally meaning "pass." It refers to a mountain pass or any of the narrow, winding roads that can be found in and around the mountains of Japan and other geographically similar areas.

well then i might be more lucky next time haha

just saw the word pass and tought okay
Quote from batteryy :no, that isnt it. you dont need layers, for some reaseon you gotta make a little part transperent with the color/colour to alfa thing. so heres what u gotta do
open the image you want some parts transperent, then you know the area selection tool, make a tiny square in to the area that is going to be transperent, then go to colour/colour to alpha and you can pick a colour but any colour does now. then click ok. now you are able to make things transperent with it. it is really easy and fast thing to do
hope this helped

for the eraser in gimp, it acs like the strait line tool...and it comes out just a stripe of the color i selected not transparent
add an alpha channel (transparent one) on the layer you want to erase parts of, if you can't add one the layer will already go transparent when you erase that particular layer.

Why is this so hard to explain? xD
Quote from brandons48 :add an alpha channel (transparent one) on the layer you want to erase parts of, if you can't add one the layer will already go transparent when you erase that particular layer.

Why is this so hard to explain? xD

yeah, its so simple thing to do but very hard to explain. make a pic for him, maybe he gets it
just find a tutorial, make a video, or send a pic
Quote from logitekg25 :just find a tutorial, make a video, or send a pic

edit: Screen recorder is messing up, i'll try making a pic instead. But before i do i'll write out the instructions.

USE 1: Simple Erasing.

1. Open a picture of your choice.
2. Go to Dialouges -> Layers , to open the Layer window.
3. Then go to Layers-> New Layer
4. Name the layer to whatever you want, then select fill layer with "transparency" (This creates an alpha channel)
5. Put something new on the layer (Paint something, paste something etc)
6. Select the eraser tool and erase what you don't need.
7. The image on the bottom layer should show through where you have erased parts of the top layer.

USE 2: Image onto Image.

1. Open your background image.
2. Open the second image in a new window.
3. On the background image create a new layer, filled with transparency.
4. Copy and paste the second image onto this new layer.
5. Erase unwanted parts of the second layer so the background shows through.
6. Use zoom and different brushes to accurately crop the part of the image you need to remain visable.
7. Move, rotate and scale the second image until you have it where you want it.

USE 3: Erasing parts of a Background. Method 1

2. Go to Layer-> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel
3. Erase unwanted parts of the background.

USE 3: Erasing parts of a Background. Method 2

2. Select the "Lasso" tool.
3. In the brush options select "Feather Edges". Set the radius to around 20.00
4. select the rough area you want.
5. Cut and paste your selection into a blank image
6. The pasted image should fade into the background, from where ever you selected it.
its np, and wow i said video as a huge hope!
Quote from logitekg25 :its np, and wow i said video as a huge hope!

You would've seen the video by now, if i had a better computer -.-
lol dont we all feel that way

LFS Photomode Competition Round 43: Touge
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG