The online racing simulator
#26 - CSU1
I clearly stated " I can't see this being the case in a standard HDMI cable TBH but yes it is possible..." because I have never heard of nor seen a HDMI application for home use that employs active amplification(which renders the HDMI cable directional).

Directional HDMI cables are only used in studio's or long runs...they're all over the web

As for my statement about CAt 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7 cable I was simply pointing out how in some cables the direction can interfere with the frequency spectrum as they use twisted pair cores to transmit the signal better
Twisted pair has absolutely nothing to do with directionality. Where did you hear this?
#28 - CSU1
...I remember learning that the cables leak EMI from the ends and need directional couplers to sustain high transfer speeds...only on larger applications I suppose - I may be wrong, but I recall something along these lines with multi-core twisted-pair cable.

AFAIK some of the cores are used as chokes to balance the EMI from the cable, sorry I can't find a more in-depth description
I back CSU on this,i have also heard about there being an issue with directional something or other with HDMI cables, too bad the IT guy at work was just going on and ON so i was barely listening by that point.
#30 - CSU1
Quote from danthebangerboy :I back CSU on this,i have also heard about there being an issue with directional something or other with HDMI cables, too bad the IT guy at work was just going on and ON so i was barely listening by that point.

Na, I wrongly made a comparison above to the OP about multi-core twisted-pair cable and that in a bog standard HDMI cable which could not be further apart in make-up and materials, I was trying to give an example of a directional circuit even though CAT cable is bi-directional they way it operates is directional(or is it...i dunno , i iz confuzed now)

OP is resolved
When you say directional, I take that to mean it only works one way, or at least works better one way than the other. That's not true in the case of ethernet cable, which has nothing at all to make it asymetrical.

That's not to say ethernet cable could not be used in a one-way manner, but that's a property of the transmitter and receiver, not the cable itself.
I had something similar and I had to take the TV out of entertainment mode in the TV setup menus.

It was like someone applied the Oil Pastel Filter in Photoshop to my screen.
Generally speaking RTFM tends to work.
There was no FAQ in there - (Q) Screen looks like a festering wound

But took only a min to figure it out.

Do we know if the OP fixed his issue? Oh wait he has.
#35 - Migz
Quote from JasonJ :There was no FAQ in there - (Q) Screen looks like a festering wound

But took only a min to figure it out.

Do we know if the OP fixed his issue? Oh wait he has.

Yup, not perfectly but i have fixed it.
Mind you i found the manual today and i went through every single page and in the tiniest font ever on one of the page it said if i was connecting a PC to the TV via HDMI i should do it through HDMI2. Currently i have it on HDMI1.
Not yet had a chance to swap it to the other port.
But if anyone else is having this problem try plugging your PC into different HDMI ports on the back of your TV.
Yes, my manual says the same. But HDMI 1 must only be used. However I thought using the wrong port would have resulted in no signal. I suggest you change the port and use what is directed. Reboot PC after you switch it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG