The online racing simulator
Try manually switching to Shift+U, that is, just press Shift+U in LFS.
Quote from morpha :Try manually switching to Shift+U, that is, just press Shift+U in LFS.

yes it is already in shift u mode becuase thats what lfsrecord makes it into
ok well, firstly you forgot to attach the screenshot.
Second, the only thing I can think of why you didn't see anything move, is that you've probably forgot to animate the Time Offset of the ReplayData layer. If you don't animate that property, nothing will appear to happen.
Quote from Tur8o :yes it is already in shift u mode becuase thats what lfsrecord makes it into

Check your screenshot, it's not in Shift+U
Quote from Victor :ok well, firstly you forgot to attach the screenshot.
Second, the only thing I can think of why you didn't see anything move, is that you've probably forgot to animate the Time Offset of the ReplayData layer. If you don't animate that property, nothing will appear to happen.

screenshot is in 2 posts before this one
weird, it doesn't appear here. But fortunately I can look at your post's source, so now I've seen the image.
I still think you didn't animate the ReplayData Time Offset property before you turned it into a Null layer.

1) create ReplayData layer
2) select the Data Source (which points to an imported replay in the left panel)
3) animate the Time Offset property
4) Parent the camera to the ReplayData layer
5) see the camera move

ReplayData layers do not show a path. This is on purpose.
If you convert (bake) the ReplayData to a Null layer, then you will see a path. But only if you have properly setup the ReplayData layer first. Make sure everything works with the ReplayData layer first, then consider if you really need to convert it to a Null layer. In most cases you don't.
Quote from Victor :weird, it doesn't appear here. But fortunately I can look at your post's source, so now I've seen the image.
I still think you didn't animate the ReplayData Time Offset property before you turned it into a Null layer.

1) create ReplayData layer
2) select the Data Source (which points to an imported replay in the left panel)
3) animate the Time Offset property
4) Parent the camera to the ReplayData layer
5) see the camera move

ReplayData layers do not show a path. This is on purpose.
If you convert (bake) the ReplayData to a Null layer, then you will see a path. But only if you have properly setup the ReplayData layer first. Make sure everything works with the ReplayData layer first, then consider if you really need to convert it to a Null layer. In most cases you don't.

Hmm I will follow the instructions exactly. I will let you know how it goes
Hello, I have a problem how do you unzip the files? when i try to extract it it says that the folder has no data.
Help!!! i really want to make a video too.
(I apologize if im ignorant with these matters. Im 13.)
(oh i forgot to metion: im using windows 7 can this be a reason why its not working?)
Quote from Moe_Tangna :
(oh i forgot to metion: im using windows 7 can this be a reason why its not working?)

No, this time you can't blame Windows for your problems

Are you sure you downloaded the full version and not just the patch, right?
I dont know if someone has already mentioned this but would it be somehow possible to make DoF (depth of field) effect with this software? does it recognize how far objects are in scenery?
Imho it would be a big improvement because DoF effect adds a huge amount of realism into videos
Quote from Litro :I can't setup my Sony Vegas 9...synchronization failed again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pqhQFg1oU
Maybe MY PC is very poor, and LFS Record is lagging ? I don't have a clue, what's wrong...

are you using virtual dub to put together your frames?

if so go into options and change the video options to 25fps should be smoother
-
(brt90000) DELETED by brt90000
Quote from bavorak :I dont know if someone has already mentioned this but would it be somehow possible to make DoF (depth of field) effect with this software? does it recognize how far objects are in scenery?
Imho it would be a big improvement because DoF effect adds a huge amount of realism into videos

What do you need to make that effect? I've never tried that, so I don't really know what it takes.
As you know, LFS Record doesn't do video itself - it only handles data and tells other programs what to do.

As for object distances, I can calculate the distance between camera and car or car and car; those are the objects I know about.
Hi Victor, I just downloaded the latest version to try out the new import option. The screen is now cleaner without all the keyframes here and there
However, instead of a blue square, do you think it would be possible to have a picture of the car (or even a generic car-looking thing) that can change scale so that we can evaluate the distance between the different cars when using multiple replays? (it would be even easier if we could have several replays playing at the same time, but I guess this is not possible, is it?).

Anyway thanks for your work!
Quote from Whiskey :No, this time you can't blame Windows for your problems

Are you sure you downloaded the full version and not just the patch, right?

Any other ideas and fixes?
Quote from Tur8o :are you using virtual dub to put together your frames?

if so go into options and change the video options to 25fps should be smoother

I use Sony Vegas and 25 fps was set up. But still, this "LAG" effect. There must be an options, to make a real time video, and not this LAGs. Or maybe, I must get another software - VirtualDub
Quote from Moe_Tangna :Any other ideas and fixes?

not really. If you have downloaded the full version and you have .NET Framwrok 4 installed it should work. Let's hope anybody else can help you
Eh, looks like yes, LFSRecord doesn't help to me record videos without FPS lags. VirtualDub is the same.
LAGs even more than with fraps
Quote from Victor :What do you need to make that effect? I've never tried that, so I don't really know what it takes.
As you know, LFS Record doesn't do video itself - it only handles data and tells other programs what to do.

As for object distances, I can calculate the distance between camera and car or car and car; those are the objects I know about.

I imagine the effect to work like this: If I am recording a shot with a car...I want the car to be sharp and everything else that is behind the car and in front of the car (from the point of view of camera) should be blurred a bit...
like here
I think you get my point...only your main point of interest and near surrounding are sharp...

and if you want me to explain how I imagine it to work...there could be two modes...one "authomatic"...you tell the software which car you want to focus on and how deep you can go and still see it sharp and from what point it should start to be blurred...
and the other mode could be manual controlling of distance from camera which you want to see sharpened...

that is just brief description of my idea...I hope it is understandable...if not I will try to use other words
I don't think that it would be possible Well, if it was able to know the distance between the camera and any point on a 3D object, it could create a depth map (Google). By knowing the depth map, it would be quite easy to make the blur in an external program. But I doubt it can.
Quote from Flame CZE :I don't think that it would be possible Well, if it was able to know the distance between the camera and any point on a 3D object, it could create a depth map (Google). By knowing the depth map, it would be quite easy to make the blur in an external program. But I doubt it can.

Well, nVidia 3D works on LFS, so it's posible to know the distance. Probably throught DirectX and not from LFS itself, but there is at least a way to do it.
Quote from Flame CZE :I don't think that it would be possible Well, if it was able to know the distance between the camera and any point on a 3D object, it could create a depth map (Google). By knowing the depth map, it would be quite easy to make the blur in an external program. But I doubt it can.

I was just making a suggestion...I dont completely understand the process of making DoF effect in computer graphics but from my point of view it is very simple set of rules you have to follow to get the effect...it is basicaly just about distances of objects from camera... I know it wont be the easiest thing to make but cant be impossible either
Quote from bavorak :...it is basicaly just about distances of objects from camera...

From a photographic point of view, DoF also involves Focal Length, Aperture (the so-called f-stops) and distance from the lens.

Or more precisely, as Wikipedia reports:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

The DOF is determined by the camera-to-subject distance, the lens focal length, the lens f-number, and the format size or circle of confusion criterion.
Quote from Ripley :From a photographic point of view, DoF also involves Focal Length, Aperture (the so-called f-stops) and distance from the lens.

Or more precisely, as Wikipedia reports:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

The DOF is determined by the camera-to-subject distance, the lens focal length, the lens f-number, and the format size or circle of confusion criterion.

of course it is more difficult but if you consider only the fact that a sharp object is in certain distance and everything else is blurred, you get quite good effect despite the fact it is only similar to real behaviour but this is main characteristic which could be enough
mmmm ... but this cannot really be done in LFS, if that's what you meant. So to achieve such an effect it would have to be faked in post production.
Or is that what you meant?
It's what I meant anyway, in my previous post. I've never done such a faked effect, but if there is a method to doing so, I'm interested in knowing how. Then i can see if it can be made easier, although i suspect all the required data is already there. If you'd have to fake it in After Effects, then you can already have depth information in there in the shape of camera and null layers at which the camera could focus, or by whatever means the effect is achieved. I guess it requires something like depth maps to indicate the amount of blur on each position on the screen .. just guessing here ..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG