The online racing simulator
it works!
(16 posts, closed, started )
it works!
yay the forums back

what happened
#2 - Vesa
Silly people spamming silly stuff. Peace restored, all is well.
Yaay!
well done for averting the disaster, it was pretty shocking stuff when i fired it up this morning, esp. with one of my young kids peeping over my shoulder.
Not a very nice task for somebody to flush clean the filth.
Quote from al heeley :well done for averting the disaster, it was pretty shocking stuff when i fired it up this morning, esp. with one of my young kids peeping over my shoulder.
Not a very nice task for somebody to flush clean the filth.

woah. mabey this threads should be deleted then :/
good lord.....we're back :o

Anyone want to enlighten me, as to what happened?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Anyone want to enlighten me, as to what happened?

After reading al heeleys comment I don't know if I want to know what happened...
Some kiddies from the myg0t clan probably started spamming offensive pics all over the board. It just took a while to get them banned and to remove all that crap again.

Also it looks like that you can't add a reply anymore if your post contains the name of the clan, lol.
I think it's better not to mention the name here, because that's exactly what they want to archive: to become famous.
I'd die if that happened - during lunch at work, I logon and update loads of calls (edit: whoops, ive been working too long - I meant threads). If I could only post every 3 - 5 minutes, it would make this community switch back to RSC.

Perhaps the best way is to implement some filtering. I dont want to suggest bayesian filtering as no one 1 group has a large enough example db of forum spam
Post Limit can be a great thing, especially to avoid people answering "lol", "rofl" or some silly smiley to each post they see. It's however not so easy to tune :
- if you limit per account, it's really easy to create a new one (just need of a new ip). The only solution to avoid it would be to authorize only registered members, which is for me not bearable.
- if you limit per ip, peoplecan always bypass this (and will do it) using anonymous proxies and other stuff like that (anonymisers). Moreover, multiple people sharing the same ip (using masquerading for example) have the risk to be locked without reason. Last but not least, most people use a dynamic ip, they just need to disconnect/reconnect to be able to spam again - it's really easy to automate this in a script.
As you can see, there is no easy solution... Strong moderation is a way, but quite tiring for the moderator (tried - not liked). Maybe the best way is still to use legal procedures for people suiting it (I mean living in a country where law permits it) : they broke the rules, posted racism and homophobians insults which are PUNISHED by the law (at least in France). But who the hell will have the might to attempt a trial to such a bunch of silly teens?
Quote from Vendetta :http://www.myg0t.com/index.php?rage=forumraging

Now we know what to look out for

(admins, if you guys dont want this link posted feel free to remove it)

omgshh, they have tips how to do something like that...I wonder what their own forums look like...or will soon look like

edit: hmm, got banned after 3 posts they were telling how cool they were becouse they took the forums down...lusers....there were some athor LFS members too telling them what they are
who cares - seriously, they are too silly for words. Forget'm.

Move along nothing to see here
Quote from Blackout :omgshh, they have tips how to do something like that...I wonder what their own forums look like...or will soon look like

edit: hmm, got banned after 3 posts they were telling how cool they were becouse they took the forums down...lusers....there were some athor LFS members too telling them what they are

You're only sinking down to their level then.
closing thread.

Let it rest guys. It's not your problem.
This thread is closed

it works!
(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG