The online racing simulator
BMW Sauber car confirmed!
(172 posts, started )
ajp - I think you said you wanted a desktop, so I made this. Not very good I know, but I haven't had _that_ long to fiddle.
Attached images
BF1 BMW Sauber.png
Very nice, don't mind if I steal that one myself Thanks, btw!

Roll on Friday! This is going to be a good weekend
Though I don't like F1. This might have some shits and giggles to it. As such I made a "few" changes (well some logo's and the number. Also a repost. But I lol'ed when I did it, plus I bet so many others have done the same):

Now all LFS needs is a partenership with Ford so we can get a v8 brute in here That's what LFS needs next. Utes, trucks, and what not. Oh yeah *creams*
geez, why "another" F1 car.... the FO8 is quite the same..
looking forward for some "new" cars /classes.
But having BMW behind you makes it special. Don't you think? Even more so, if we can get a real track to kick the teams ass on :P
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :geez, why "another" F1 car.... the FO8 is quite the same..
looking forward for some "new" cars /classes.

Quite the same??? I don't think so.
That is like comparing the UF1 to the XFR.

Just because they are both open wheel cars, does not put them in the same class. F1 will be a class unto itself.
Quote from Sternendaal :Photoshop

Yea, I photoshopped it in, copied mirrors+driver from FO8, and gauges from the FO8 on the updates page
As long as it doesn't give other manufacturers incentive to not add their cars to LFS..
#37 - JJ72
what's that in datas/dds/LOGOALPHA.dds. :o
lol, we thought it was an aero bug, but twas the FIA interfering again!
dam, thats F***ing nice.

for those who want it easier to skin:
Attached images
BF1_DEFAULT_sf.jpg
I don't know really which thing I'm more hyped up about: My team (Porin Ässät) tieing the series in finnish icehockeys majorleagues finals or the upcoming LFS patch?

But nevertheless, I must congratulate the Devs!!! You must have done something right to get BMW Formula 1 created to your sim!! There's not too many sims that can offer that!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
This car means, that the BMW is a sponsor of the LFS now?
Sauber on track!
Teaser... :eclipsee_
Attached images
BMW-Sauber_Fern_Bay_II.jpg
I hope this car revs to 18k rpm or so like the real thing. I'm a huge fan of F1, and i'm really hoping for that great high-rev engine sound
Quote from Ingolf :Teaser... :eclipsee_

Sorry, but that looks photoshopped
Quote from thisnameistaken :Just be thankful we got an F1 car in LFS before they introduced that ridiculous rear wing thing they're insisting on!

well i think we could always get a real f1 car ... you know from back in the days when they didnt look like something you just saw on star trek

i doubt that lotus or any other manufacturer whos not in the business anymore would want much money for the license

oh and before anybody gets me wrong ... im totally excited about the sauber and think its a great addition to lfs ... still i kinda dislike f1 as a whole nowerdays
Quote from rediske :...and if there's one thing in life I hate then it's BMW's and their drivers.
I'm on german Autobahn's since several 100000 km's and it confirmed that BMW drivers are 99% arseholes....

What I always have asked myself: Is it normal people who buy BMW's and turn into AHs or is it just AHs that buy BMW's?

maybe we'll see in LFS's future, I won't touch that car that's for sure.

just my opinion, have fun! I'm more looking forward to the other improvements

Oh my goodness, it's really hard to hear that from a german landsman...
I'm on german autobahn for some 100k km's too and I am driving a BMW... may I ask what car you're driving? Let me guess: an 1.6 or 1.4 Diesel? Toyota or Opel? The question aims towards my experience on german highways
Quote : Sorry, but that looks photoshopped

very much so...
Quote from overdoped :Oh my goodness, it's really hard to hear that from a german landsman...
I'm on german autobahn for some 100k km's too and I am driving a BMW... may I ask what car you're driving? Let me guess: an 1.6 or 1.4 Diesel? Toyota or Opel? The question aims towards my experience on german highways

lol, it is funny to hear that from a German. You hear it all the time here in the US. Mostly because it is true. Most people who buy BMW's here have no idea what they have sitting under their rich butts. They buy them because of the status, not because the cars are awesome.

I buy old ones, its all I can afford; but it is much better than buying a new Hyundai or KIA.
Quote from Hallen :not because the cars are awesome.

which they arent at all (oppinion formed after 3 years of expiereince with a 3-series ... the engines great ... the suspension was pretty good too but the seats and the driving position in general was horrible ... not a drivers car in the sense that it makes the driver feel at home
Quote from Hallen :lol, it is funny to hear that from a German. You hear it all the time here in the US. Mostly because it is true. Most people who buy BMW's here have no idea what they have sitting under their rich butts. They buy them because of the status, not because the cars are awesome.

I buy old ones, its all I can afford; but it is much better than buying a new Hyundai or KIA.

amen.

BMW Sauber car confirmed!
(172 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG