The online racing simulator
will we ever get NORDSHLEIFE?
(132 posts, started )
Quote from v4forlife :tbh, with some of the comments about comparing, yes, there will be people saying(if we get the ring) that its crap, and how come i can go 20-30sec faster in a car on lfs, as opposed to a similar car in rl, well, you also have to factor in the armco in rl. in a gme, you have no fear, but, and back me up anyone who has also been to the ring, its scary as hell, thinking that one patch of oil from a morning session could effectivle kill you, cause it may have gone un noticed, or whatever.

"Nothing gave me more satisfaction than to win at the Nürburgring, and yet, I was always afraid. When I left home for the German Grand Prix I always used to pause at the end of the driveway and take a long look back. I was never sure I'd come home again."

Jacky Stewart

Jacky Stewart was it who gave the Nürburgring Nordschleife the nickname "The Green Hell".... nothing to add.
Quote from schofei :
Jacky Stewart was it who gave the Nürburgring Nordschleife the nickname "The Green Hell".... nothing to add.

...and won in the rain in '69 with such a display of driving that despite beating the field home by 2 minutes it was still hearalded as one of the greatest races.
Meh,give me a fictional version of the Nordschleife,doesn't have to be the same length,but with some nice height differences. Will enjoy that one alot more
No doubt we'll see a port of the GPL version (with 6ft kerbs and liquid tarmac) when (if) LFS is open to modding.
To be frank the long tracks we have in LFS now are too long, it's dull driving around on your own. I bought a race game, not a rally simulator, I want to see other cars and shout "eep" at them and the way to do that is to have a short or medium length course.

Long courses don encourage good racing. They test ones skill, but unless we get 100+ cars in a single game the Old Nurburgring would just be a dull procession :/.
The 'ring is just long, narrow and hard. Fe black is piece of cake compared to ring. It's bumpy as hell, narrow, with lots and lots of difficult turns with one veery loong straght. And it takes ages to learn the track.

I would much rather take 4 good and different tracks than one 'ring.

Drive it in GPL and say you really love it.

And because there are so many corners in the track, driving the faster cars there would be just big newbie crashing event. There aren't too many places to pass, despite the track being over 20 kilometres long.

For 80% of LFS players it is just too hard.

Nothing against the 'ring, but imho it's not worth having
Quote from Hyperactive :The 'ring is just long, narrow and hard. Fe black is piece of cake compared to ring. It's bumpy as hell, narrow, with lots and lots of difficult turns with one veery loong straght. And it takes ages to learn the track.

That's why everyone who drove it loves it.

Vain
From a sim point of view, and lets remember that LFS is just a sim, that's not entirely true, I tried it in GPL and never went back to it, I more or less did OK (a bit slow) and could do a lap without crashing... It was just boring meandering around on my own.
Quote from Hyperactive :
Drive it in GPL and say you really love it.

I love it to bits, so challenging. In GPL the three tracks I normally go near are Mallory Park, Cadwell and the 'ring.
screw driving it in a sim, ill just book a fri and mon off work and go down myself
Quote from ajp71 :I love it to bits, so challenging. In GPL the three tracks I normally go near are Mallory Park, Cadwell and the 'ring.

I bought GPL at that time only for the Nürburgring was included. Took a while until I got down to 8:16 in the Lotus. However, I lost interest in GPL when I had to realize that other racers started cheating by replacing the Lotus engine with the more powerful Honda engine.

Yes, the Ring is not for beginners, neither in a sim nor IRL. Years ago when I was living near Cologne, I went to the Ring quite often to watch the races or just to do some laps of my own in various BMWs. And I can tell you, no words can describe the feeling.
Quote from Becky Rose :To be frank the long tracks we have in LFS now are too long, it's dull driving around on your own. I bought a race game, not a rally simulator, I want to see other cars and shout "eep" at them and the way to do that is to have a short or medium length course.

Long courses don encourage good racing. They test ones skill, but unless we get 100+ cars in a single game the Old Nurburgring would just be a dull procession :/.

there are tons of small/medium tracks to race on. surely one long track wont ruin it for you? if you dont like it you dont have to drive it. i think it would be great to have it there in the game just to drive.

you can get more exitement and fear out of driving the ring alone, as you can racing against others on a small track. ive done both

anyway, its not coming in the near future but we can dream i supppose
my dream will come true if the ring is ever released on LFS.. i just cant imagine the blast !! i'd really love to have that track !
I personally love the Nürburgring.
I've driven on it so much (in GPL of course) that I can clearly remember it's every turn in my mind (176 bends, if I recall it right). First time you go under eight minutes with 1967 F1-car is really an memorable moment.

But in LFS? Very few cars would be suitable, and the overall state of the drivers in online racing community, this track is far, far over the scale.
i tried in gtr and some other games and even alone its still exciting.
I've always thought that the old Spa configuration from the 60s and 70s was a great track. Long, but not too long. And fast! One of the corners is a flat right hander and goes for nearly a mile iirc.

Also I wouldn't really care if we get real tracks or not, but if would be goot to emulate the style and length of some of the great tracks around the world.
I drove it a bit in GPL, was never much good at it as I don't have a very good um... that thing that stops you forgetting stuff..... :dunce:

Certain bits were lots of fun, and like whatshisface says, maybe one day when and if LFS is open to modding it would be nice.
Quote from arco :Here's a great video of Dirk Shoysmann in a Nissan Skyline doing his 10.000th lap on the Nordschleife. You even get his comments during the lap about various parts of the track.

http://video.google.com/videop ... issan+skyline&pl=true

I had the privilige to do a passenger lap with Dirk... The experience of a lifetime I can assure you! Lots of respect for both track and driver.

Wim
Quote from arco :Here's a great video of Dirk Shoysmann in a Nissan Skyline doing his 10.000th lap on the Nordschleife. You even get his comments during the lap about various parts of the track.

http://video.google.com/videop ... issan+skyline&pl=true

Yes, Dirk Schoysman knows what he is talking about...
http://www.shockman.net/?p=20

And I would have NO problem whatsoever to pay premium price to get Nordschleife in LFS.
I loved the 'ring in GPL and Racer has a ported version as well...the good thing about that is that you get to try it in a variety of different cars. I'd love to see it in LFS.
I think about everyone who spoke positively about the ring would shell out some money for it. Personally I'd easily pay the price of S2 again, just for that one track.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I think about everyone who spoke positively about the ring would shell out some money for it. Personally I'd easily pay the price of S2 again, just for that one track.

Vain

me too, i would pay the same again for that track
Quote from Vain :I think about everyone who spoke positively about the ring would shell out some money for it. Personally I'd easily pay the price of S2 again, just for that one track.

Vain

Yep, Nurburgring nordshleife + LFS cars and physics!!! WOW
I'll pay for that for sure
me too of course

will we ever get NORDSHLEIFE?
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG