The online racing simulator
Quote from Nick A :Great analysis You should work for the Beeb!

Heh thanks Nick... I might actually try analysing a few more race incidents when I get some time.
Quote from yeager :Heh thanks Nick... I might actually try analysing a few more race incidents when I get some time.

The Blame Game... Without the blame. But seriously, I enjoyed your analysis.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :The Blame Game... Without the blame. But seriously, I enjoyed your analysis.

Actually yes... I sometimes get a bit angry in race about an incident, and then when I go back most of the time it's just a simple mistake on my part, an unavoidable mistake on the other drivers or it's an issue with the close racing and lag/collision detection.

So I might take some of these incidents, analyze them and offer an opinion on how I would've driven differently. After all these years of LFS'ing, i've become pretty adept at anticipating a crash and driving around them.
Might give it a shot some day, love the FOX, but haven't got in one lately.
Just had three reverse oval races. That was thrilling! I never knew how fun oval racing was. When you have voice chat and a couple of drafting partners, it's silly fun.
I swore I would never race oval, but with 32 racers on the grid it is great fun in the FOX. Although everyone who hasn't tried it before the race start complains like hell, they always end up enjoying it, and we always get full grids
Quote from jasonmatthews :I swore I would never race oval, but with 32 racers on the grid it is great fun in the FOX. Although everyone who hasn't tried it before the race start complains like hell, they always end up enjoying it, and we always get full grids

Speaking of oval...
I was there this week when the oval was on, and I was annoyed by someone who was unable to properly draft to gain speed...

When the final lap arrived I just couldn't stand it any longer so I got behind him and bumpdrafted him (way too late to win)...

The question, if both drivers agree, is it ok to BD on your server? I noticed one of your team bumping me along the oval (can't remember who, I'll have to look it up) on my final race there so I returned the favor. Just checking if it's an acceptable tactic

BTW, love the server.
#33 - CSF
We have no problems with you bump-drafting.
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.

I love the quality of the races up ffront.
Bump drafting on the oval is fine, on any other track it's cheating.
SPDO james > u might wanna look at this , i dident crash into you . at no point on that lap did i crash

i suggest you engage brain before abusing people ...
Attached images
lfs_00000002.jpg
I'm so happy for this server. FOX has always been the best single seater, so much more fun than FBM. Really glad that its gaining popularity again
Quote from jasonmatthews :Bump drafting on the oval is fine, on any other track it's cheating.

I don't understand this distinction at all.
I'm really not a single seat racer, but had some absolutely cracking races

Will be back for more
#40 - Riel
Quote from Lateralus :I don't understand this distinction at all.

Indeed.

In a racing sim allowing bumpdrafting qualifies to me as 'stupid'

But it's hard to check if no-one is bumpdrafting. In reallife I don't think your front wing will last too long.
Try stopping them when there is 32 drivers doing it
Quote from Riel :Indeed.

In a racing sim allowing bumpdrafting qualifies to me as 'stupid'

But it's hard to check if no-one is bumpdrafting. In reallife I don't think your front wing will last too long.

I usually don't BD in open wheel sims... However, sometimes it is preferable over regular slingshooting over and over, even in real life. In real life your front wing can't cope with it, in LFS it can.

Same goes for kerbjumping. In real life your suspension would fail after 3 turns, in LFS you can do it without problems.

I see no difference in bumpdrafting and, for instance, kerbjumping. They're both making use of the physics system to gain speed.

So why is one of them considered 'cheating' by so many, and the other is looked upon as 'incredible driving'?
Quote from TagForce :I usually don't BD in open wheel sims... However, sometimes it is preferable over regular slingshooting over and over, even in real life. In real life your front wing can't cope with it, in LFS it can.

Same goes for kerbjumping. In real life your suspension would fail after 3 turns, in LFS you can do it without problems.

I see no difference in bumpdrafting and, for instance, kerbjumping. They're both making use of the physics system to gain speed.

So why is one of them considered 'cheating' by so many, and the other is looked upon as 'incredible driving'?

You are not (necessarily) hitting other car's when kerbjumping. Seems like a proper distinction to me.
But kerbjumping happens in real life too... Just watch the F1 cars at the Montreal GP in 2008 or earlier years too. They just set up their cars properly and eat those kerbs alive..
Quote from jwardy :SPDO james > u might wanna look at this , i dident crash into you . at no point on that lap did i crash

i suggest you engage brain before abusing people ...

I'll have a word with him - it seems like this sort of thing has happened a couple of times recently.
I havent realy had any stupiditys on the server affacting me only some noobs that rammed everyone on purpose and got banned
By gav i think
Yeah we do get alot of crashes and people frustrated, but with 32 racers of varying ability what can you expect? I think we catch most of the purposeful wrecking and ban them, but all you have to do is let any SR member know of a racer we should watch, then we will spec them and take the necessary action.
or why not have 2 servers , and all the top drivers get a pass to the 2nd server witch is private
#49 - CSF
You talk like you expect to be a top driver.
I have thought about a system which could work, but it would mean us using another server just for training, which we don't have atm. We only have 3 servers and they are all used. But I will think about it a bit more

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG