The online racing simulator
[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
Server went down as I swapped the machine it was running on to hopefully help with the lag issue.
#52 - VoiD
Quote from 1993weeman :SO5 is not a good track...

My impressions for this evening:

It´s not the the track, it´s the driver(s) fault. Divebombing, not giving room in narrow situations, pushing the car infront under braking etc..it´s all unrelated from the choosen track.

Same goes for AS7 (some people even dont know the track) or blackwood (everyone immediately switched to hotlap-mode, read above)

I´m not that fast on these combos, but I know quite well when to lift/brake earlier/change line to avoid crashes...
Quote from VoiD :My impresions for this evening:
(...) but I know quite well when to lift/brake earlier/change line to avoid crashes...

Yep, some don't care for nothing.
I made a few races. It was chaotic but I found nice battles too.
Lol tried to race this morning and got mugged twice in 2 races at Turn1
Well I think it will take a few days to sort itself out. The FOX server is much cleaner now we have banned a few people who were wrecking and everyone has got to know eachother. I hope the same will be true for the GTi server. We just need to find the idiots who ruin it for everyone else, then get rid of them. You can all help by saving the replays and making a report.
Had a go on this last night, and it was great fun, it's really got me back into playing LFS. There were a few arseholes about, but top marks to Turkey and the other admins for sitting there and fishing out the wreckers.
Was good fun although some races should have been in CAD derby server.
I agree with Turkey saying that the FOX server has calmed down a bit, I was on last night and for the most part it was great clean racing. I also think the GTi server will calm down, once all the nubs go back to their cruise and drag servers! (I'm not saying that all cruisers and draggers are crap by the way.)
Quote from VoiD :My impressions for this evening:

It´s not the the track, it´s the driver(s) fault. Divebombing, not giving room in narrow situations, pushing the car infront under braking etc..it´s all unrelated from the choosen track.

Same goes for AS7 (some people even dont know the track) or blackwood (everyone immediately switched to hotlap-mode, read above)

I´m not that fast on these combos, but I know quite well when to lift/brake earlier/change line to avoid crashes...

Yeah your right there. People do just go out like if its hotlapping when it ain't, its a race. It does have something to do with SO5, because all the times i have raced on that track in the GTi Server or CTRA, there was always a crash in T1 and T2. I think it makes the drivers divebomb more.

As you said your good at missing crashes, well i think thats all you need to do and you will get up the gird quite fast.
Quote from 1993weeman :It does have something to do with SO5, because all the times i have raced on that track in the GTi Server or CTRA, there was always a crash in T1 and T2. I think it makes the drivers divebomb more.

the long run from the start line to T1 perhaps? (is T1 the slow left-hander, or the slight left bend after the start line? if the latter, then I mean T2)
Quote from bunder9999 :the long run from the start line to T1 perhaps? (is T1 the slow left-hander, or the slight left bend after the start line? if the latter, then I mean T2)

The slow left hander. So T2 but i did get involved in a big crash in the fast left hander.
Now all we need is a 32 slot LFR server (there is none apart from the Drift ones)
Quote from ACCAkut :Now all we need is a 32 slot LFR server (there is none apart from the Drift ones)

I could enable the FZ and RAC on our LX server easily enough, it's pretty unused apart from LX Nights on Thursdays.
I thought Concept already did a public LX server?
Id like to apologise for a very heated moment last night, after being taken out all day added with my crap connection, being driven into 3 times in 1 and 1/2 laps by someone just not using their brain, i totally lost it. So, sorry.
Quote from jasonmatthews :I thought Concept already did a public LX server?

Aye, it's empty apart from Thursdays though.
If adding FZ50 and RAC as he suggests gets some use, I'm all for it...I'm a big FZ50 fan anyways
What happened to the server?
500 servers problem, Franky is working on it, shouldn't be long i hope.
Quote from Bean0 :I could enable the FZ and RAC on our LX server easily enough, it's pretty unused apart from LX Nights on Thursdays.

that would be nice, got kicked from a drift server for hotlapping the RAC round FE Black this evening

Their really is/was no server racing it (including the hundred of empty ones)
Nice races again
Only problem was, that peoples started to have huge kick/ban/crash
partys in there It doesnt matter who they vote or what reason, always someone get kicked/banned.
Quote from Tomson(FIN) :Nice races again
Only problem was, that peoples started to have huge kick/ban/crash
partys in there It doesnt matter who they vote or what reason, always someone get kicked/banned.

tell the sheeple to stop pressing 1?
Quote from bunder9999 :tell the sheeple to stop pressing 1?

Already tried, they dont care if someone crashed or not. Pressing 1 all the time. I think the best option would be to take hole voting away from server..
#73 - CSF
I went on server and banned the few that were just vote banning for no real reason. It was a joke watching it from remote, and warnings were not heeded, so bye bye.
a few that stuck out for starting vote bans earlier today were the 2 Prodrive guys. If anyone so much as nudged them, they started a vote kick or ban.
Quote from trebor901 :a few that stuck out for starting vote bans earlier today were the 2 Prodrive guys. If anyone so much as nudged them, they started a vote kick or ban.

Lock at replay end you see why vote kick or ban

[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG