The online racing simulator
Civic Photos - EK hatch
(48 posts, started )
Civic Photos - EK hatch
Figured someone might enjoy this

They're not great, but I think they turned out alright.
****ing Clean man the Te37's really set it off nicely Where can I get those tail lights from for my mates EK?
#3 - ajp71
What I'm seeing is a Honda Civic parked in a car park, not something terribly joyous. To make matters worse this one has been lowered, had naff tailight put on it and a bodykit, as well as the obligitory shiny pipes under the bonnet and polished intake.
That's funny, I see something else. I see an american EK hatch, without a bodykit, just stock skirts and bumperlips (although I am not 100% sure the front lip is stock, but whatever, it's just a lip). The hatch wing is stock as well I believe, at least on an EK9 (the Type R model).
I don't like the taillights .. but they are not that bad. Stock (EK9) taillights would finish this car IMHO.
Furthermore, I spot a B-series engine (valve cover is repainted, so it might be the (stock) B16, which has a black cover.), and I spot a turbo. Well, not the turbo itself . And .. power steering.

Is this your car jaxx? If so, nice car , give us some more info.
Quote from jaxx751 :Figured someone might enjoy this

They're not great, but I think they turned out alright.

Pretty good job, except the steering wheel is on the wrong side
Sexy as, that's quite weird too, I had a funky dream about one of these last night, f**king car had a 42inch widescreen in the back of it, was quite weird. :P
I love how he used a bog standard version (sans rear wiper) and most likely spent more on the shiny bits under the engine which just ruin how the car handles because, inevitably, it puts out more power than FWD can handle and the springs/shocks were a 9.99 set from Halfords which just firm up the ride so much you might as well have welded them in position.

So bravo, you took a decentish handling car and turned it into shit.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I definately am enjoying these.
Great work.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I love how he used a bog standard version (sans rear wiper) and most likely spent more on the shiny bits under the engine which just ruin how the car handles because, inevitably, it puts out more power than FWD can handle and the springs/shocks were a 9.99 set from Halfords which just firm up the ride so much you might as well have welded them in position.

So bravo, you took a decentish handling car and turned it into shit.

And where do you get your wise information from, kind sir? Surely you aren't assuming all this .. are you? because that would be pretty .. you can guess.
Quote from GuLLiT :And where do you get your wise information from, kind sir? Surely you aren't assuming all this .. are you? because that would be pretty .. you can guess.

Well yes, it is all an assumption, but one based on coming across many vehicles which have had the same treatment. Everyone seems to think they are better at tuning a car than the people who make it and will run to the local prefab supplies folks and slap on harder and lower springs/shocks, bolt on a turbo so big it would be more at home on a 747 plus a BOV which is so restrictive it can be heard a mile away. Then spend all day racing down motorways saying "yah, it handles so much better now" but the second they try and turn, it ends up in a ditch.

The photos are good and I must admit the car looks good (it is refreshing to see a Civic without glitter balls all over it), but odds are it has had the normal "tuning" methods and completely ruined how it drives.
LFSForum is probably only place what is full of people who pretend to be car enthusiasms and when someone posts pictures of a very clean example of a good looking car they start bashing it for whatever reason, because they seem to assume that this is what a real car enthusiasm would think.

Same goes for the some people who think they are real racers and bash drifters etc.

Every other car related forum I'm in usually have lots of REAL car enthusiasms who actually enjoy pictures of cars like this, even if the car in it ain't 100% what they describe as a dream car. They also don't go complaining how drifting isn't a real sport, they even might enjoy it. Even the real racers.

I'm not aiming this post to anyone personally but this is just the feeling I often get here.

And then my post to OP:
Very nice and clean looking example of Civic build with taste. I'm not that into Civics or Hondas in general, but that really looks good and probably is quite rapid too.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well yes, it is all an assumption, but one based on coming across many vehicles which have had the same treatment. Everyone seems to think they are better at tuning a car than the people who make it and will run to the local prefab supplies folks and slap on harder and lower springs/shocks, bolt on a turbo so big it would be more at home on a 747 plus a BOV which is so restrictive it can be heard a mile away. Then spend all day racing down motorways saying "yah, it handles so much better now" but the second they try and turn, it ends up in a ditch.

The photos are good and I must admit the car looks good (it is refreshing to see a Civic without glitter balls all over it), but odds are it has had the normal "tuning" methods and completely ruined how it drives.

Now that sounds way different I guess we even agree on everything. I am more an innocent until proven guilty kind of guy, but I know what you mean.
Very nice car, can you give mor info abot what you did under the hood? Unusual way to route the fresh air pipe to the turbo.
Very clean civic. Looks lovely.

Goto www.pistonheads.com, then "readers rides" section and post it up there. You will get a better response on there, as they respect hard work that has been put into a car. They dont just call it "rice" because theres only THREE shiny bits under your hood, unlike most arseholes on this forum.
#15 - Byku
Looks beautiful! Would like to own one ^^.
#16 - JJ72
Use to hate this car when it was new, because it was driven around by chavs or some street racing wannbies who has no concept of road manners.

But look at it now, it's just a simple good looking classic shape.....and what the civic is really about, small, fragile, not really powerful but insane fun.

and that was when 170bhp was a lot and 17 inch rims where considered large....Gonna miss those days.
Stop all the "omg ur a ricing shit", seriously.

I think it looks really nice actually. Just enough, not in your face or anything..
Quote from BigPeBe :LFSForum is probably only place what is full of people who pretend to be car enthusiasms and when someone posts pictures of a very clean example of a good looking car they start bashing it for whatever reason, because they seem to assume that this is what a real car enthusiasm would think.

Same goes for the some people who think they are real racers and bash drifters etc.

Every other car related forum I'm in usually have lots of REAL car enthusiasms who actually enjoy pictures of cars like this, even if the car in it ain't 100% what they describe as a dream car. They also don't go complaining how drifting isn't a real sport, they even might enjoy it. Even the real racers.

I'm not aiming this post to anyone in general but this is just the feeling I often get here.

And then my post to OP:
Very nice and clean looking example of Civic build with taste. I'm not that into Civics or Hondas in general, but that really looks good and probably is quite rapid too.

i absolutely have to agree with you here.. often i think "wow thats nice and clean" but some people just think they know it all.
hey its his car, he can do with it whatever the f*ck he wants to

imo it looks nice because it nearly looks stock and isn´t totaly rice over the top.

the pics are nicely done, too
Not bad at all. I understand as a Mazda owner I'm supposed to rag on Honda guys any time I can, but I'm no fanboy of any kind
I usually prefer the semi-saloon version of that Civic (it's still a hatch, but it's longer than that one) but this is a nice example. I've always liked those wheels too.
Quote from rexology :Pretty good job, except the steering wheel is on the wrong side

You quoted all those huge pictures to say that?

Quote from JO53PHS :You quoted all those huge pictures to say that?

S14 Drift started the vote to remove being able to quote images.
Quote from R34king :****ing Clean man the Te37's really set it off nicely Where can I get those tail lights from for my mates EK?

lol i think he bought them on ebay or something. LED taillights. He said that it's about 50/50 that like them.

Quote from GuLLiT :That's funny, I see something else. I see an american EK hatch, without a bodykit, just stock skirts and bumperlips (although I am not 100% sure the front lip is stock, but whatever, it's just a lip). The hatch wing is stock as well I believe, at least on an EK9 (the Type R model).
I don't like the taillights .. but they are not that bad. Stock (EK9) taillights would finish this car IMHO.
Furthermore, I spot a B-series engine (valve cover is repainted, so it might be the (stock) B16, which has a black cover.), and I spot a turbo. Well, not the turbo itself . And .. power steering.

Is this your car jaxx? If so, nice car , give us some more info.

Not mine. I'm just the photographer.

B16 bored to 1.9L and a 18G greddy turbo. He uses it as a DD and he didn't want anything ridiculous, just something fun to play around with. I believe soon he's going to go to a GT35R when he gets a good tuner. With a shit tune at 6psi I believe he put down 300(297).

For those of you who liked it, glad I could share. If you didn't, well I'm suprised you wasted your time replying. Guess that says something about yourself.
Quote from jaxx751 :Not mine. I'm just the photographer.

Was wondering that....

Why is your website down? I was going to check it out.

Nice photo work. You need to visit here.
love the car!! if it was mine i would lower it a little more on the back so it is the same hight as the rear end.

Civic Photos - EK hatch
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG