The online racing simulator

Poll : Nice quali but Who will win this race? (Use your common sense,example:Sutil cant win)

Closed since :
Jenson Button
Adrian Sutil
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Rubens Barrichello
Kimi Räikkönen
Jarno Trulli
Felipe Massa
Kazuki Nakajima
Nelsinho Piquet
Giancarlo Fisichella
Fernando Alonso
Nico Rosberg
Robert Kubica
Nick Heidfeld
Timo Glock
Heikki Kovalainen
Lewis Hamilton
Sebastien Buemi
Sebastien Bourdais
Lol at Barrichello going backwards
DD being captain obvious?

Someone fixed wikipedia btw

Vitaly Petrov? lol. So he's gunna get pole in F1 with his GP2 car?
Heheh, out of all the GP's though this is the one I hope Button does win, which means he wont.

If the Brawn BGP001 continues on its winning streak, it will beat Mclaren's 1988 car (MP4/4) as the most dominant F1 car of all time, there are more races this year than in 1988, and if Brawn carry on winning then they will have won all but one race in the season, same as Mclaren in 1988, 'cept the race Brawn didn't win ended up as a podium finish, whereas the one race Mclaren didn't win in '88 was a double DNF, so making the BGP001 the most dominant F1 car of all time IF it continues it's current from, and the rest of the grid dosen't quit before the end of the season.

Don't worry though, I'm sure Brawn willl be beaten at least once more this season.
yeah the BGP001 is not that dominant I'm sure someone else will win another race.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :yeah the BGP001 is not that dominant I'm sure someone else will win another race.

Understatement of the year.

If someone else wins it will down to the driver not the car(eg. weather)
Quote from Mustafur :Understatement of the year.

If someone else wins it will down to the driver not the car(eg. weather)

As far as I can recall, Button is quite good in the rain, so it will be interesting to see what happens.
A lot of drivers are good in the rain: Alonso, Kovalainen, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Sutil, Webber, and Vettel. I don't reckon Button is any better than them, although he is comparable.

Brawn is still better than any other team bar one, in the wet. It's not like they struggle really hard.
Quote from Jertje :As far as I can recall, Button is quite good in the rain, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Imo and from previous results, both the Redbull drivers are better then Button when it comes to wet weather.
Which previous results are they?
Other than the last race and Australia I wouldn't have said they were that far ahead of the rest. Redbull and even Toyota have been making them fight for some of the races. Button may look dominant in the win stats, but I'm still finding most of the races this season very exciting to watch. Red Bull should be strong in Silverstone, so I'm hoping for a good battle between them and the Brawns. This season is NOT the same as 2004 in my eyes, ferrari were leagues ahead that season.
Quote from tristancliffe :Which previous results are they?

07 European GP(Webber), 07 Japanese GP(both drivers), 08 Monaco(both drivers), 08 Monza(Vettel), 09 China(both drivers), heck even in Malaysia 09 Webber was ripping through the field with inters on a damp track(3 secs a lap faster then the rest of the field till the rain hammered down) Vettel did have a shocker that race though.
07 is fair to judge the Honda and Redbulls, 08 wasn't fair, but wet races can bring out anything.

Heck when ever it rains you will see these two drivers zoom through the field, I would count 08 Silverstone too where Webber started 2nd but he had car troubles, so i guess i shouldn't.

Btw that is the vast majority of Wet races in the past 3 years.
You might be able to compare the '07 results (though I can't recall the races with enough detail to make much comment without looking them up). I don't think the '08 results can be compared, as the Honda was a dog and the RB wasn't. And the '09 results aren't entirely fair because the Brawn hadn't been run in the wet until China (not counting the desperate tyre hopping from Malaysia, from which it was more luck than anything who finished where).

I'd say Jenson is pretty damn good in the rain. Probably as good as anyone out there, apart from perhaps Alonso.
what about Hamilton?
Just one of a bunch of 'good wet weather drivers'. But he's not an Alonso or a Schumacher.
Quote from tristancliffe :Just one of a bunch of 'good wet weather drivers'. But he's not an Alonso or a Schumacher.

Alonso???? You forgetting who span and crashed in Fuji 07 when his team mate was waltzing away.

It wasn't reported at the time but during the Chinese GP Ham had Vettel's pace fuel adjusted.... the only non-RBR to have so. He just kept spinning because he lost his head.... but ALonso span as well remember

If Hamilton is in with good wet weather drivers then so is Alonso
Hamilton? You're forgetting who span and span and span in China 09 when his team mate was waltzing away.

Therefore, with the agreement of Alan, Kovalainen is the best in the wet. Oh, how simplistic comparisons don't work.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton? You're forgetting who span and span and span in China 09 when his team mate was waltzing away.

Therefore, with the agreement of Alan, Kovalainen is the best in the wet. Oh, how simplistic comparisons don't work.

He span yes because he was pushing very hard but his actual pace was VERY impressive. Everybody spins ... something both Schumacher and Senna used to do. In fact if a driver doesn't spin occasioanlly then I question whether they are really pushing that hard.... don't even dare mention Piquet tho!

not comparing to them but only a blind man would not recognise Hamilton's ability in the wet.

Monza 08 was another example of his pace. He could have won that race if the weather had fell for him
Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton? You're forgetting who span and span and span in China 09 when his team mate was waltzing away.

So its fair to Compare an extremely overteering Dog of a Mclaren to a Brawn or a RBR.

Alonso isn't the best on the Grid in wet imo, hes the best on dry.

The best in Wet conditions imo is Hamilton, Vettel and Webber.
Button is known to be very smooth with his steering inputs, something which is likely to help a lot in the wet.
Quote from 5haz :Button is known to be very smooth with his steering inputs, something which is likely to help a lot in the wet.

Smooth styles don't help that much in wet then you would think.

Hamilton has probably the roughest driving style on the grid, same with Vettel, and Alonso's driving style is also rough as well but all these drivers are Good on thier day in the Wet.
This thread is getting ridiculous why dont they just make every thread as my driver is better than yours?
My driver? Nobody here owns an F1 driver do they?

And well whats the point in complaining? It's human nature to do that.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :This thread is getting ridiculous why dont they just make every thread as my driver is better than yours?

The only difference here is I Back up my claims.

Of course drivers can prove us wrong, which is one of the main reasons why we watch F1.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG