The online racing simulator
The Brawns are Much quicker on take off then the RBRs so it could possibley be Rubens in the lead after T1 which Still won't be that Bad for Vettel as he has quite a bit more fuel.

Should be a RBR 1-2 by the sounds of it its down to the drivers to see who gets 1
Very nice, Vettel FTW!

I think the Brawns are on equal fuel loads because Button got called in early on his last fast lap when the team saw he wouldn't improve the time so he saved one inlap.
Quote from zeugnimod :I think the Brawns are on equal fuel loads because Button got called in early on his last fast lap when the team saw he wouldn't improve the time so he saved one inlap.

Here

Quote :Pos Driver Weight (kg)
1. Sebastian Vettel 666.5
2. Rubens Barrichello 657.5
3. Mark Webber 659.5
4. Jarno Trulli 658.0
5. Kazuki Nakajima 652.5
6. Jenson Button 657.5
7. Nico Rosberg 661.5
8. Timo Glock 660.0
9. Kimi Raikkonen 654.0
10. Fernando Alonso 654.0
11. Felipe Massa 675.0 *
12. Robert Kubica 689.5 *
13. Heikki Kovalainen 695.5 *
14. Nelson Piquet 682.5 *
15. Nick Heidfeld 665.5 *
16. Giancarlo Fisichella 668.0 *
17. Sebastien Bourdais 687.5 *
18. Adrian Sutil 692.0 *
19. Lewis Hamilton 666.0 *
20. Sebastien Buemi 672.5 *

It has been said that the Brawn is light on its tyres, and the Red Bull not so much, I think this was evident at Monaco where Button could easily make his supersofts last (relative to others) while Vettel ended up in the wall. I think this can explain why Button is unusually off the pace on such a cool day. Of course there are other factors, such as Red Bull's major upgrade.

Perhaps later today we will see the Brawns yet again being able to preserve their tyres better than Red Bull and the others over longer distances, outpacing them in the race, then again Red Bull's update may help the car to be easier on its tyres, and its not exactly going to be scorchio tomorrow so perhaps tyre overheating and wear will effect Red Bull less than in previous races such as Monaco.
Quote from zeugnimod :Is there a specific reason why you posted that again and quoted me?

It's pecker? illepall

Hopefully we'll see RBR winning again, I'm getting fed up with Buttons face
mmmh I saw something interesting in this picture... aerodynamics?
Attached images
aero.JPG
Quote from noel_cr :mmmh I saw something interesting in this picture... aerodynamics?

it could be the source of their lack of grip.

correct me if im wrong but... isnt the air that comes from the exaust somewhat hotter than the ambiant air? therefore its less dense than the ambiant air so it would give them less downforce coming from the wing... right? if so, that must be why the Red Bulls have their exausts so far back....
-
(samjh) DELETED by samjh
Quote from el pibe :correct me if im wrong but... isnt the air that comes from the exaust somewhat hotter than the ambiant air? therefore its less dense than the ambiant air so it would give them less downforce coming from the wing... right? if so, that must be why the Red Bulls have their exausts so far back....

Exhaust gases are much hotter than ambient air.

The volume of air coming from the exhaust would have negligible impact on downforce, due to the fact that at speeds when aero downforce is significant, the exhaust gases will already have passed under the rear wing. Even on the RB5, the exhaust ports are ahead of the rear wing structure, so they aren't that far back. In fact all current F1 cars have their exhausts exiting somewhere between their rear wing and rear tyres.

If you look at the photo, you can see that the exhaust gases are trapped in the low-pressure zone behind the high-pressure air from the rear wing. If the exhaust gases were passing over the rear wing, you might have a problem, but that is certainly not the case in the photo.

More important is the management of hot radiator air. The way it flows over the rear structure, wheels, and tyres, is pretty important, since radiator air is dispersed over a wider portion of the car body than exhaust gases, and greatly affects the temperature of the rear tyres, brakes, and efficiency of the rear diffuser.

If Button doesn't win, which is likely, then I'm hoping Trulli or Vettel will. I'm not too fussed about Barrichello, I don't like Webber and Nakajima just...won't. Tyres could be interesting like 5haz said, mabye with luck Button can win again.
Quote from noel_cr :mmmh I saw something interesting in this picture... aerodynamics?

nice !

Take a closer look gents.

I wonder if any other teams on the grid this weekend have added....aerodynamics
Is it the 'Conne'?

Conne - French for bitch when used as an insult.

If not, still
Quote from Mustafur :Rain possible for todays race, and its cold only 17 degrees

I just got a big grin all over my face when I read that.
Rain - Please please please! Interesting race!

Cold - Please don't stay dry and cold, Brawns won't do very well, Red Bulls will win easily, probably making for a boring race. I don't mind people beating Button if it's interesting (and he still wins the title :razz. Okay the Red Bulls might fight but I don't like Webber, it's not like Button and Vettel fighting, as I like them both (even if I prefer Button).
Funny to think a British team would be thwarted by classic British weather.

I'd love to see a good fight, but the Red Bull and the Brawn only work in different condition, so well probrably never see on the same pace on the same part of the track together.
Prawxies anyone?
Quote from 5haz :Funny to think a British team would be thwarted by classic British weather.

I'd love to see a good fight, but the Red Bull and the Brawn only work in different condition, so well probrably never see on the same pace on the same part of the track together.

I hope it we'll have some rain. As said, Button is probably on softer setup in case of rain today. Let's see what he can do.

Anyway, Happy Birthday!
I'd say rain is doubtful. I live about 20 miles from Silverstone and it doesn't look much like rain here.
People need to be more like Webber speak their mind when they get ****ed over.

hamilton should look up to him.
Anyone got a stream?
Vettel just flying!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG