The online racing simulator
What's the fastest time using a keyboard?
I'm running in demo mode with FBM on BL1 and the fastest I've done is ~1m17s. I'm using a keyboard with auto gears. Just trying to get a feel for what is possible and whether the times I see in thr 1m15s or less are with a wheel.

Thanks
Im not sure that u can see what device was used while making the record/lap-time.
If you look on lfsworld, specifically here: http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=h ... ;controller=&country=

You can see the latest hotlap charts. The "ST" field shows what controller was used. The fastest keyboard "ks" time is 1:12.59, and you can watch that replay by clicking it, and opening it with LFS.exe.
Unfortunately, I could only do a 1:15:59, which is exactly 3 seconds slower than the best hotlap with keyboard.

It's all about the 1st chicane - which I've never been able to master.

If you want to see what times are possible with keyboard with a lot of combo's, I've loaded 300+ hotlaps on LFSWorld - Look under S2 Hotlaps / Ranks / Nutter. Then click on the underlined letter c, which sits under the RANK INFO column.

These aren't the best times with keyboard - just what I could do. But it gives you an idea.

If you want to get better with keyboard, I'd suggest you practise on the Oval (both ways), as you need to be able to steer smoothly round the bends to keep speed up (usually need to multi tap left or right keys to try keep things smoother).

You may also have to change your keyboard settings in the Controls section. Personally, I use a Steer rate of 0.42, and a Return rate of 0.18, but you do have to play around with the settings till you get something you can control with.

Good luck.
Except, it's not 'all' about the chicane. It's about every single corner, but focus on one at a time
#6 - [d9]
there is one important "issue" with keyboard - you need to spend some (huge) time amount to get used with its steer/return rate behaviour, that needs to be set a bit different for each car/track/set combination - against free steer left/right with analogue input (mouse/wheel) which is only depend on your movings.

take a look on his (that fastest keyboarder on bl1 fbm) online lapcount (and multiple it by 2 if you know that demo racers are counted on lfs stats since patch Z) - to beat him, you will need 5 times less practice with mouse or 10 times less practice with precise wheel.

your choice how you spend your time
I wouldn't drive with anything but a wheel, but that's just me
Quote from RasmusL :I wouldn't drive with anything but a wheel, but that's just me

I'm been driving with keyboard since Sinclair ZX81 days, so struggle with anything else.
#9 - hp999
My record with wheel is 1:15:46,I'd say,that the first corner,the chicane and the last turn before pits are the most important.I shifted and braked later on these corners and got a much faster time. Record today - 1:15:22 .
Personally, I blame that green stuff on my racing line for slowing me down.
I've done 1:12.90 hotlapping some time ago with mouse, but oh well, took me so practicing to do it lol
My best is a 1:17 I think. I hate the mouse with a passion. I can't wait to get my Fanatec wheel.
i saw some one called SIW MO, is a keyboard racer...and he do 1.12,7x
Quote from Elchester :i saw some one called SIW MO, is a keyboard racer...and he do 1.12,7x

Thats outragous!
My Pb is 1:13.65

1st split - 23.91
2nd Split - 53.3

Happy days

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG