The online racing simulator
Yeah!!

Go USA!!

Haha

:ices_rofl @ Spain, they should be ashamed to be honest

And yes zeugi, you were right, it was a very much one sided game. You just got the side wrong

Someone did well at the bookies today, there is always someone who goes for teh crazy bet

Quote :Spain vs. USA will be pretty one-sided and I expect an easy win for Spain with 2 or 3 goals difference.

lol @ 4 shots / 2 goals for the USA. simply awesome.
Wow. Spain defended dreadfully!
#480 - Dmt
What the hell.. what a lucky goals..
Quote from Dmt :What the hell.. what a lucky goals..

Lucky goals? What the..... ?
Bah, I hope South Africa wins against us now...

PS. I hope this gives USA the motivation to build a world-class team (you know you can). It's nice to have historic rivals playing, but it's nicer to have good football - and we're lacking in that area.

PPS. I'm afraid of the trumpets on the next match.
Quote from DevilDare :And yes zeugi, you were right, it was a very much one sided game. You just got the side wrong

It wasn't one sided at all. Spain was in the offense for 90% of the time in the second half but the US defense and the keeper were too good for them. And an epic fail by Ramos meant the 0-2.

Who would have thought that it would be the USA of all teams to end Spains no-loss streak since November 2006 in the 36th game.
The funny thing is, that England are... WERE, considered a better team than the USA, but we would have NEVER beaten Spain [if it was the England squad instead of the USA squad] in a million years!

I thought Dempsey was fantastic, Bocanegra was great, and definately Onyewu and DeMerit. Altidore was also great, hes a good young player no wonder he plays for a spanish club
Quote from BlueFlame :The funny thing is, that England are... WERE, considered a better team than the USA, but we would have NEVER beaten Spain [if it was the England squad instead of the USA squad] in a million years!

I disagree. England have been playing much better under Capello. If England had played against Spain the other night instead of the USA, I think they would have won. We would have been on the attack more than the USA, creating a lot more chances on goal, and Spain's defending was just dire. The USA scored 2 goals with just 4 chances. I think England would be able to create a lot more chances than that against Spain, so if Spain continue to defend so poorly, then I reckon England could have beaten them.
Quote from Gills4life :I disagree. England have been playing much better under Capello. If England had played against Spain the other night instead of the USA, I think they would have won. We would have been on the attack more than the USA, creating a lot more chances on goal, and Spain's defending was just dire. The USA scored 2 goals with just 4 chances. I think England would be able to create a lot more chances than that against Spain, so if Spain continue to defend so poorly, then I reckon England could have beaten them.

England beat Kazahkstan what? 2-0? and they think they own the world because of it. It's crap, England are crap, they will never get another world cup for definate, I WILL actually eat my hat if they ever do. Playing better than they were before Capello isn't hard at all, so using that as a basis of them being good is quite naiive.
You gotta be kidding me.

After 80min of non-football, our coach takes the best player out and puts someone that doesn't even play on that side.

And he scores on his first play.
Quote from BlueFlame :England beat Kazahkstan what? 2-0? and they think they own the world because of it

Its was 4-0...

and its not like we are unbeaten or anything..
And its not like we have scored more goals then anyone in europe (26)
And ofcourse, we beat the 8th ranked team in the world (Croatia) 4-1 at their own ground..

Yeh we suck bad
Awww

Poor South Africa. They deserved the win IMO. They played a much better game, created much more chances and should of scored :/

Brazil was like Spain yesterday; Crap.....
Quote from de Souza :And well, this brazilian team is probably the weakest of the latest years, ~5 very good players mixed with a bunch of how-the-hell-did-that-guy-end-up-here players.

Maybe you were right after all.
Quote from (-Mark-) :Its was 4-0...

And ofcourse, we beat the 8th ranked team in the world (Croatia) 4-1 at their own ground..

Yeh we suck bad

England do suck, the individual players are fantastic, Gerrard in particular but the team are shit. Kazahkstan are probobly over 100th in the world, these FIFA rankings mean shit as proven by Spain last night, but Kazahkstan are a bad team, to beat them and then say that the England team is improving, is like starting up a car and then saying it's race pace has improved because it's successfully started the engine.
Quote from (-Mark-) :Its was 4-0...

Yeh we suck bad

Yeah but they did beat you in the 2008 qualifiers both home and away so your were bound to get lucky sooner or latter.

Don't want to take anything away from the victory for USA last night, but it is the confederations cup and at the end of a long season for many of the players, enthusiasm would not be high. All this is competition is, is a dry run for the world cup in 2010, allowing the host a chance to see how things go and a chance to play (reasonably) competitive football. Personally this tournament has been mostly miss for me, only a couple of games stood out, bring on the pre-season, at least I get to go to some Highland League grounds for proper banter.
If Brazil played as badly as you all say, this could be very interesting on Sunday.
Quote from BlueFlame :England do suck, the individual players are fantastic, Gerrard in particular but the team are shit. Kazahkstan are probobly over 100th in the world, these FIFA rankings mean shit as proven by Spain last night, but Kazahkstan are a bad team, to beat them and then say that the England team is improving, is like starting up a car and then saying it's race pace has improved because it's successfully started the engine.

Well no actually I think it's right to say that they have improved. Before we were losing to Northern Ireland and scraping 1-0 wins against Azerbaijan. So Kazahkstan are not the best team in the world, no disagreements there, but we won comfortably and convincingly without any hiccoughs. I wonder if you even watch the matches at all? I can see an improvement, but I actually watch the games and take notice of how we play, rather than just go on past results.
Anyone watching England - Sweden U21 right now?

Quote from zeugnimod :Anyone watching England - Sweden U21 right now?

Sweden winning I am guessing.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG