The online racing simulator
Driving experience day...
(33 posts, started )
Quote from Scrabby :http://www.skylimitevents.be/page.asp?docid=37223

I dunno if you have to take lessons with your own car before you can drive alone. U should email them for that ;-)

yea to join a track day on Zolder u gotta have done the Circuit Experience Course or proove u got some experience in racing

Im planning to do the course as soon as i get my hands on a decent car

And i signed up for the Dunlop Drivers Cup,
which is free and open to anyone.
Winner gets a professional racing course + official race license AND a seat in a Renault Clio for next year's Dunlop SportMaxx Endurance Cup

Since its free, theres lots of signups, so its kinda hard to get selected (150 selections out of 2500 entrants last year). But its definatly worth a shot

http://www.dunlopdriverscup.be/

Theres also dutch, french and spanish versions of this afaik, possibly more.
google for links

sry for going slightly off topic btw
Driving experience days are a complete waste of time!

My mother was going to book one for my dad until I informed her that some of the cars he had had over the years would make the ferrari 360 seem a little slow.. plus the chances are my father knew the track better than the instructor himself..

Just do a track day instead, you actually get to drive how you want to then (apart from drifting and driving like a general cock)
Quote from Fastwalker :yea to join a track day on Zolder u gotta have done the Circuit Experience Course or proove u got some experience in racing

Im planning to do the course as soon as i get my hands on a decent car

And i signed up for the Dunlop Drivers Cup,
which is free and open to anyone.
Winner gets a professional racing course + official race license AND a seat in a Renault Clio for next year's Dunlop SportMaxx Endurance Cup

Since its free, theres lots of signups, so its kinda hard to get selected (150 selections out of 2500 entrants last year). But its definatly worth a shot

http://www.dunlopdriverscup.be/

Theres also dutch, french and spanish versions of this afaik, possibly more.
google for links

sry for going slightly off topic btw

I'm not sure about all free...maybe maybe not

I'm gonna attend driftschool soon with my car, looking forward to it.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :plus the chances are my father knew the track better than the instructor himself..

Did your dad used to race or something? If your dad knows the track better than the insturctors, then the instructors will realise this very early into his session and just leave him be...
no he didn't race, but if has being driving donington now for nigh on 17 years now in the cars i posted in the "post your car" thread, so he knows it better than most. Hopefully we'll be there again soon in the bmw........ We were considering entering the ford saloon car championship years ago when we had the group n car, but decided it was too expensive and we can have more fun on track days (when we were not blocked by slow people)
You can do those things in Holland as well and its also pretty lame from what I've heard.

I'd say for simracers it would be much better if we could just drive one car, I dunno an Elise, S2000.. and spend actual time in that. Sure its not a 355 but at least you can learn and experience something by doing a few hours worth of gradually increasing speed in these cars.
I did a formula experience a coupple of years ago at Mantorp Park, it was awsome. It was pricey eur1000 but I bought the ticket for half price. Vauxhall/Lotus variant of the formula ford with road tyres. Half day theory, half on track, 3 drivers/car so its not alot of laps (3*4fast laps I think). It was day one of a 2.5day rookie license school (the .5 day being a exam). Day 2 is only available in a radical for a heafty eur1500.
Instructors was very competent, one is race director in stcc, the other was a former works team rally driver.

I seriously consider it better value for money than to be nannied in a supercar. (unless you hit jackpot like Scrabby)

Driving experience day...
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG