The online racing simulator
"-" for blocking all messages [added]
I appologise if this was already asked for...

By pressing the "-" key you can block the text from other racers. But i'm still annoyed with game messages such as "XXX joined the game", "XXX left the pits" etc...
Would it be possible that by pressing the "-" key you would block all the messages?

Solution: Press Shift + - to hide all messages
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
I think you can delete the sound file.. that could help.

Edit: Don't ask me where or which file it is
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
To kill the sound, delete or rename the "message.raw" and "sysmessage.raw" files which are in your LFS/data/snd folder.
At the moment there's no option to turn off all messages. It would be nice
yes very annoying. Also causes me to lag out on servers with 15+ people.
#5 - Jugle
Quote from Hankstar :To kill the sound, delete or rename the "message.raw" and "sysmessage.raw" files which are in your LFS/data/snd folder.

Thanks for this Hankstar. Fantastic.
I do what I can for the kids
But just back those files up in case you ever want to hear "beep" or "ssshh" again
Quote from Hankstar :To kill the sound, delete or rename the "message.raw" and "sysmessage.raw" files which are in your LFS/data/snd folder.

Thank satan, that will make things so much nicer. I am TERRIBLY easily distracted when racing. Having that god damned text and sound coming constantly online drives me nuts.
Quote from Mikkomattic :Thank satan ...

I do, for every day he allows me to remain here to do my important work
I just added a character to those sound files...

Ya could try making the font real small for the text msgs. I don't notice the text myself unless I actually look for it.
I think the same, that you should be able to block all messages, but I also wish I could filter certain messages through, like being able to shift+f but still get a blue flag warning. Maybe to fix this we could have an in car flag display, allowing us to block out all messages for full concentration but still get vital race information.
I'd like to see that too - and real flags trackside :up:
There IS an option to block all messages: SHIFT and '-'.
Message deleted. Got the wrong end of the stick.
#14 - Jakg

nice one!
I just have to confirm what is written up there, SHIFT + '-' blocks all messages, including results, (dis)connections, pitstops etc.
Quote from Misko :There IS an option to block all messages: SHIFT and '-'.

keys.pdf should be updated..

would be nice to have system messages volume control, deleting or renaming sound files isnt user friendly
That's a nice find Misko! Thank you!
There's no way to turn everything off in replays though ...
Yes there is - edit cfg.txt, and find "mpr messages 0". Change the 0 to a 1 to get rid of chat, but not system messages, or to a 2 to get rid of it all.
#20 - Goop
Quote from Frankmd :I just have to confirm what is written up there, SHIFT + '-' blocks all messages, including results, (dis)connections, pitstops etc.

Brilliant, had no idea, thanks
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes there is - edit cfg.txt, and find "mpr messages 0". Change the 0 to a 1 to get rid of chat, but not system messages, or to a 2 to get rid of it all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG