The online racing simulator
Freezes & glitches!
(19 posts, started )
Freezes & glitches!
Hi everyone,

I've got a quad core 2.83, 4gb ddr2 ram and a Point of view 9800 gt VGA and LFS S2 Z.
The game keeps crashing after a lap or less. First it freezes and then multiple glitches appear. Does someone have the same problem??

Please help, I tried everything!!!

Thanks in advance!
Anyone?

Please help!
does that happen with other games?

something in your computer is probably overheating.
no, no overheating here, it just freezes...
How do you know its not overheating? Do you have recent drivers for your motherboard, graphics, etc.? Do other games work fine?
Quote from aless83 :Hi everyone,

I've got a quad core 2.83, 4gb ddr2 ram and a Point of view 9800 gt VGA and LFS S2 Z.
The game keeps crashing after a lap or less. First it freezes and then multiple glitches appear. Does someone have the same problem??

Please help, I tried everything!!!

Thanks in advance!

what video drivers are you using?
This is from your graphic card man.. did u try other games? if it still freeze and u see glitches thats your gpu..
well, first of all thanks for all the responses

It can't be overheating because I always monitor with PCPRobe software that came with my Asus motherboard... and the weird thing is: it only happens with Car-driving-games like LFS, GRid, BMW M3 challenge...

Weird isn't it?

PD: Fallout 3, Crysis, GTA IV, which are a lot more demanding games Graphic-wise, are running smooth and problem-free...
Do you have a wheel or similar device that you use to play racing games? If you do, you can unplug it and test if these games still freeze. Updating all drivers to their recent versions is also worth a try.
BTW, what windows version are you using?
Ok, let's recap here, cause maybe haven't given enough info

like I said, 9800 gt, Logitech force gt steering wheel, Updated drivers and no overclocking.

Game freezes, glitches appear and system goes slow & nuts

Same with other car-games, but not with fallout 3, crysis and so on.

no temp problems.

Windows XP SP3

tried playing with and without logitech wheel and same crashes.

have a 7600gs now borrowed and works fine

maybe Point of view 9800 gt crap¿?¿
I Know this may sound a silly idea. download a fresh LFS Installation from the main site

hope this helps
nop, installed an re-installed... still the same. With a 7600gs it works though
switch over to RPGs and FPSs

seriously now, are you sure your 9800 is not burning?

run furmark and test your 9800.
Hi, I haven't got my 9800 gt right now, I gave it to someone to test it it'll be back tomorrow
question:

I've donloaded Furmark and 3dMARK06. You're telling me to use furmark, but what is it suppose to do? Run the GPU really hot? what should I expect?

thanks!
it is supposed to stress test your gpu.

stability and temperature
maybe you don't have enough power to run the 9800GT? what psu are you using?
the 9800 needs a 6pin PCI-e power connector, the 7600 doesn't.
I've got a radix 520watt with 35 amps. no problem there.
It has to be the gpu, cause all the other games work perfectly with the 9800gt and changing it to a 7600 gs LFS works too...

I'll try to stress test the gpu... though I really see no possible answer to my problem...
Hello again everybody!

I ran Furmark and 3dmark06 and the temps shown were 81ºC.

I've tried to play and surprisingly it works fine now.... Maybe fixed?? don't know! Let you know in a couple of days.

Thanks to everybody for help & support!!!

ciao!
run furmark in 'stability test' for 5 minutes or so. Until the temperature doesn't change anymore.

81C is not "a lot" for a gpu, but it would be better if it was lower.

Freezes & glitches!
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG