The online racing simulator
I love it
(95 posts, started )
Quote from easyed :Maybe I give harjun too much credit but lots of replies picked up on the idea of "one-liners" about what they love about LFS ...... seems simple, and positive

I love that in LFS there are so many people that help make the game play better by volunteering their time and skills to host servers and leagues, make add-ons and skinning help, develop software etc.

you posted right after i ofocially turned 14 congrats
i like everything about this simulator.
I like the damage model, day to night to day transitions, decent mod database, great aggressive AI, and excellent graphics.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I like the damage model, day to night to day transitions, decent mod database, great aggressive AI, and excellent graphics.

damage is un-realistic in some manners (more serious impacts) but overall pretty good, day to night transitions? what do you mean? the mod database is good agressive a.i. that the pro are pretty easy (and that dont follow racing rules sometimes , and i cant use the good graphics cause of my rig
I like the sarcastic american.
Quote from Bose321 :I like the sarcastic american.

ooo you mean the piece of crap that thinks he is the man, but really jusst obsesses over racing on his stupid racing cockpit playing a game called lfs all day on his g25 thingey???
Quote from Sueycide_FD :and excellent graphics.

I pretty agree, LFS is only game which is not overbloomed, overblurred, overcontrasted and undersaturated.

I know his post was stupid, but he had one valid point.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I like the damage model

I like it also, especially suspension parts bending, though I think it is bit too arcadish and should be more realistic, ppl in LFS mostly know how to drive and can avoid walls and barriers
Quote :day to night to day transitions

yep, that is a beatiful view during endurance races to see the sunset and especially sunrise, but anyway, Ive never tried going in 24h race
Quote :decent mod database

yep, that is farout when you can have 1500bhp frontdrive golf. But then it's hard to find a race with 2 of them, so I'd say... naaaah...
Quote :great aggressive AI

yep, the PRO level is almost 4seconds behind average online race so it is hard to race offline competetively. Without restrictions.
Quote :and excellent graphics.

here I totally agree, with sarcasm off - DX9 would make a great deal

Quote from AndRand : here I totally agree, with sarcasm off - DX9 would make a great deal

DX9 won't change graphics AT ALL.
It would if LFS' engine used the extra features of DX9?
Just learn what DirectX is.
Quote from Shadowww :Just learn what DirectX is.

sorry, I wouldnt mean using DX8 effects in DX9 environment
Quote from AndRand :sorry, I wouldnt mean using DX8 effects in DX9 environment

There are no things like "DX effects". DirectX is API. Scawen can make his own graphics API aswell.
Umm, yeah, actually.. D3D 8.0 introduced vertex and pixel shaders, which makes it a lot easier to do things like per-pixel lightning (which is awesome).
D3D 9.0 introduced, as the most important features, a much improved HLSL, floating-point texture formats (HDR), multiple render targets (rendering the same thing to several places with one call).
Version 10 added, most importantly, shader model 4.0.

Sorry, I couldn't resist proving you wrong.. A higher D3D version certainly gives much added capability for good graphics. By upgrading alone, you achieve nothing. But with more work, it can be done.
I like LFS because it reminds me of that summer of '69.
I like it (/hate it, lol) cause BL1 FBM is addicting AS HEEELL
Quote from lihakasa :I like it (/hate it, lol) cause BL1 FBM is addicting AS HEEELL

BL2 XRG is addicting as hell as well. :P
BL- is addicting in --- aswell
Quote from logitekg25 :BL- is addicting in --- aswell

Ok, if you say so, do 500 laps in BF1 around BL2 and post a replay. :P
Quote from Shadowww :Ok, if you say so, do 500 laps in BF1 around BL2 and post a replay. :P

my computer cant count that high it is only a 2003
Quote from Shadowww :Well, I've played LFS on 2001 PC with ~30 fps.

30 fps?? *jaw drops* that is incredibly high compared to my computer!! butn once my wii sells on ebay, i will get myself a nice new computer, and then who will be laughing?

might be me
Quote from Shadowww :Well, I've played LFS on 2001 PC with ~30 fps.

You post as much crap as Drifts14 or whatever ..except you are 7k posts behind him .

Go get a hobby or a girlfriend , and stop polluting this forum please

Btw , ditch that avatar , it makes you look a tw*t , no wait ..its not the avatar
Quote from DoC_uk's signature :insert smartass remark here --> (*)

*ditch that avatar , it makes you look a tw*t , no wait ..its not the avatar

I love it
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG