The online racing simulator
#451 - WSR
I'm looking forward to Shift, regardless of anyone else's hatred/opinion of the game.
EA may not be known for the best, most realistic and comprehensive titles, but they do listen to their buyers (sometimes, okay, rarely).

(I was thinking of posting this slightly OT rant about pointless, vaguely justified hater's posts, but I thought not to...)
That camera moving when you hit something and when you go over a bump makes me wanna smash my head onto the desk, it's so annoying...
This video shows a bit of promise aswell

http://www.facebook.com/video/ ... v=131238846664&ref=mf

I'm guessing the blur of the car is so that people playing will start to look at the track more, and corners/apexes - might lead to a few people being better players

This video is good aswell:

gif image
Quote from brandons48 ::doh: ...

And, what makes you think that it will be a "POS epic fail!!!11!" ?

The fact that you wont be able to stick neons on your skyline?
The fact that it will be like REAL racing?

ProStreet was my favourite NFS, because it was more realistic and had realistic customization.

Circuit racing is just not for NFS. Have you forgot what where the best NFS titles and what made the game famous? It's A to B racing with beautiful sceneries..
Quote from LFSn00b :Realistic customization, you say?

first of all that is a pretty modestly done 350z, and i lol'd at the people calling you a noob when you pass them in their zondas

that is realistically done, just hard work, and expensive
Quote from Boris Lozac :Circuit racing is just not for NFS. Have you forgot what where the best NFS titles and what made the game famous? It's A to B racing with beautiful sceneries..

Yes....dinosaur fossils on a cliff, a hollywood movie themed track and a track ran partially underwater.

where'd the creativity gone?
Quote from brandons48 : ProStreet was my favourite NFS, because it was more realistic and had realistic customization.

Scary. This must be the EA effect on modern youth.

There is only one NFS that has some distant realism in it.
that was a good game! in every aspect! i think i will price it out for pc on amazon.com
Quote from G!NhO :You gotta be kidding me.

+1. That front lip is no-where near big enough for being fap worthy.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :+1. That front lip is no-where near big enough for being fap worthy.

and the roof scoops opening is way too big to be a total waste of money and space
Quote from Furiously-Fast :You can customise the interiors of cars in SHIFT, but not in a Underground/Midnight club way. Instead, each car has their own look, with rollcages, switches, gauges and other racing related thingys.

http://need-for-speed-shift.bl ... cockpit-upgrade/#more-296

JUST GIMME THAT DAMN DEMO!!!

Holy shi*!

That looks awesome! I love the Lambo with the Motec display, Cant wait, and Give me the demo too
i am really sick and tired of all the teaser clips and pics and they wont give us a demo. they given us soooo many vids and pics. way more than usual.
Quote from _celldweller :What you guys aren't realizing here is that although it may not look like it's realistic in THOSE videos, we don't know what the game settings were at that moment. The game will allow various levels of difficulty.

Yeah, but real life will not allow various levels of difficulty.
Quote from Shadowww :Yeah, but real life will not allow various levels of difficulty.

True, but if they manage to make the various settings very differnent from eachothers, then it's a good thing
Let's say the easiest setting is super-easy-super-grippy, instant fun for anyone that could not care one bit how the things handle in real life, but generally just want to have a blast with fun racing without training. Now, the most hardcore setting should be really a different compared to that, and it would take some time to master than one.
If they manage to make these contrasts big, this is going to be a great game I think
Every time I see more vids I get more dissapointed.

Veyron in the tunnel WTF
Damage model WTF
Drift mode MEGA WTF?

Makes me sad
Well, er, there are still loads of postive sides. I didn't expect the veyron to go on the tunnel like that. Drift mode looks pretty good, but the guy demoing the game cannot drive. The damage model is er.... you aren't meant to crash in this game anyway!

And isn't that paint thing ripped straight out of NFS undercover? It looks EXACTLY the same!
Actually, I like it. I mean, the new look of NFS. EA Games screwed up when they released three consecutive bad games, one worse than the other: NFS Carbon, NFS ProStreet and NFS Undercover.

Now, the menus of the game look cool, graphics are definitely a lot be better, damage could be better but still seems to be a huge improvement over their last game's damage model, physics seem playable and fun*, the ability to customize the interior gets my interest, and car selection looks good until now, even though there are some cars I'm missing in this game, such as the old Mustang GT.

Not a must buy for me, but unless they do something really stupid to screw everything up again, I'm seriously thinking of getting it. (aka purchasing it)

* Not so much realistic or simulation alike though. But I don't care about ultra simulation realistic handling in a NFS, all I care is about fun and being playable! The three last NFS, specially NFS ProStreet, were not playable at all. Of course I don't like it going too much arcade, but as long as it looks at least "passable" on the physics part, and it's fun, that's ok for me, and until now it does look like that.

Edit: :doh:
I had seen all videos, and when I got to the half of the last video, I paused it. I came here to write this post, sent it and then got back to see the end of that video.
Well.... when I pressed "play", drift mode started. I think I don't need to say anything else.
what a shitty rendition of silverstone.
For me it looks a Pro Street 2, i have ps2 and from the first glimpse, it looks basically same...reminds also a grid, oh well...let's wait and see.

Quote from Velociround :EA Games screwed up when they released three consecutive bad games, one worse than the other: NFS Carbon, NFS ProStreet and NFS Undercover.

from what i've played, carbon and undercover are way off from pro street...different feeling, damage model and purpose.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly-

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG