The online racing simulator
*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
Me and probably many other people of the forum do not like their lfs name, and wish to change it. if you leave an option like this out in the open for all users, then you will get chaos, so there should also be a system of only 1 name-change per year, or something like that. you should also have a restriction of being s1/2 liscensed, or been here for a long enough time or given enough to the community.

i tried to keep it short sweet and to the point, so if you have any questions please post the questions. and if you want to vote please include in your post signed

signed
signed

Hate evilpimp, would definetly like to change it to MistaTea. :P
I think has been asked before and was declined, can't remember why.

So instead I will leave with a rather sarcastic and cheeky comment, which in no way indicates any animosity towards yourself or even this idea and I wish you, and any one else, all the best in you attempts to get rid of stupid user names.

I was never happy with my name the old man gave me, but judging by the frequent use of which he used, and others at work who seemed to use often as well, I'm just going to have to accept that I'm known as

“Jesus.....What did you screw up now”
if you hate your username then why dont you just sign, and the worst thing that could happen is it gets declined, any you dont lose anything.

if enough of the community gets to sign this then the devs will probably listen
#5 - VoiD
Is this "stupid threads week" or what...

Quote :
If you are planning on buying a license so you can unlock LFS on your computer, you need to register an account with us. Please take note that your username will be seen by others and that you cannot change your username after the registration - your username is permanent!

i decided not to put that because i knew that it would be brought up anyway

i decided my username because i was very happy with my g25, and wanted to test lfs being doubtful of-corse

then the very end came along and became this self-less little angel and felt bad for my noobness and offered me a liscense that i couldnt refuse
Quote from VoiD :Is this "stupid threads week" or what...

I think the point of the petition is to change that rule exactly...
signed

I hate my PLAYAPIMP i was a stupid 13 year old when i made it

I want to be Zeek
signed

im ok with my name, just wish i hadn't of the the _2k7 in it, very dated now and bugs me a little

Oh and i didn't use a capital P fs
If there is the functionality within vBulletin to allow users to change their own name then it's not that big an issue and I don't care either way. If there isn't that functionality (and I suspect there isn't) then any requests will have to be checked by one of the devs/admins. I reckon it's a waste of time if that happens because there are many more important things than having some people saying "I want my name Drift2009 changed to Drift2010" or whatever.
it could be something kinda like the mods have us create a new account of the name we want, and they transfer all of the data over and erase the old one
Sounds like a lot of work, maybe just give everyone 1 chance to change it, that way we can chnage it ourselves once, if people want to dick about with it they're stuck with it for the rest of their time. Anything offensive can be banned or list them in order like username1, username2 etc to stop people doing it.
Quote from logitekg25 :it could be something kinda like the mods have us create a new account of the name we want, and they transfer all of the data over and erase the old one

That makes no sense. If users aren't allowed to do it themselves then the change can be made by the admin. Take a look here at the form for adding/editing users. The problem is that takes time for an admin to sit down and do it. Don't you think there are more important things to do than to sit and change the usernames of potentially hundreds or thousands of people?
SIGNED

dont really dislike my name but would prefer something else right now
maybe there can be an admin only able to do user-name stuff

idk how they can do it, i just know there are quite a few people out there who want to change or tweak their username, and i am one of them
I don't know about other people but i was 14/15 at the time i got S2 and treated it like a game id get bored of in months, especially as i was in a rush to create any username and just play, i thinks it'd be fair for us to have another stab at it aslong as people don't take the mickey.
Someone asked Victor in person and his answer then as I'm sure it still is now, was no.
Buy a new S2 licence with desired username. 2 advantages:
1) You have a new username
2) You have helped further the development of LFS and the maintenance of Victor's awesome car.

A very impractical solution.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Buy a new S2 licence with desired username. 2 advantages:
1) You have a new username
2) You have helped further the development of LFS and the maintenance of Victor's awesome car.

A very impractical solution.

YAY #2!!!
signed I WANT YAKISOBA!!!!!
Signed
There are people on here with inappropriate names.
nonsense thread is nonsense. Not going to happen.
Quote from Fuse5 :nonsense thread is nonsense. Not going to happen.

Who knows.
Why are you guys moaning? It´s your own fault that you have the username you have, or did someone force you to take that name? I don´t think so.
#24 - JJ72
I think anyone wanted a name change should have presented an essay no less than 500 words on why they choose their new names and how it would be a fitting new name.
Isn't going to happen. Don't forget that the users on this board are linked to the licenses and are only created by the software that handles accounts (you can't register here on the forums). If you were to change the forum name, you'd have to change the license name, too. The problem with that is that the name is I think de-facto the primary key for identifying licenses, so all LFSW stats or uploads and all info servers stored about you (bans...) would be invalid or broken.

I'm sure it is technically possible to change the name, but it would be a huge hassle and require lots of extra coding and messing around (create a new account, transfer the funds, delete the old account, update all references to the old account everywhere to now point to the new one, etc. and the bans issue still wouldn't be solved). If they ever made an exception and did it for one person, you could be sure tons of people would instantly demand a namechange, too, so they won't even start with that. Also they'd admit that their rules ("you cannot change your username after the registration - your username is permanent!") can be circumvented anyway.
This thread is closed

(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG