The online racing simulator
It looks a cracking wheel but will have it's flaws looking at the write-up. Why on earth can't logitech get it right!? The MOMO wheel with DFP pedals ( adding weight).
Quote from NotAnIllusion :just one thing though about them, I wonder if they'll be aligned (& pressured?) correctly for heel-toeing.. Pity if they miss such a detail from such a sweet piece of kit.

Quote from Logitech News on G25: http://www.logitech.com/index. ... N,contentid=12020,crid=34

"Six-Speed Shifter and Clutch Pedal
The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is the company´s first to include a six-speed gated shifter, complete with a push-down reverse gear, offering a new level of control. Now racers can quickly shift into any gear as they decelerate going into turns and accelerate out of them — rather than cycling through gears sequentially or hoping an automatic transmission selects the most appropriate gear. Advanced driving techniques such as heel-and-toe downshifting are made possible with the included clutch pedal."

Since Logitech is aware of heel-and-toe and claims its possible with their G25 pedals, I think heel-n-toe would work great on it with no problem.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Beautiful wheel, shifter looks cool but shame the buttons will be a bit awkward. Finally a clutch pedal too; just one thing though about them, I wonder if they'll be aligned (& pressured?) correctly for heel-toeing.. Pity if they miss such a detail from such a sweet piece of kit.

I'll buy one either way!

Well, judging from the images that I saw (and are now indeed included in the first post) I'd say the pedals are:

1) pretty close together, but clutch and brake far enough apart to not get your feet tangled up...

2) Dampened with actual dampers instead of springs, and quite probably adjustable in position too since the dampers seem to be outside of the casing, and directly beneath the pedals.

I'll have a serious go on testing this one out first chance I get.
Hmm, I want, I want now! Time to sell the spare DFP before word gets about too much. Wonder if the shifter will feel nice like a homemade one, or cheap. It sure looks nice.

Anyone know a release date? Maybe between selling my Wingman Extreme joystick (shifter), MS sidewinder wheel (for clutch pedal) and spare DFP (logitech like giving me these) I'll be half way to affording it.
well if its too late for this version, they can always pump out a "deluxe" version of it, like dat mockup with lcd (same lcd as in g15 keyboard but instead of ambar, cyan), and maybe FF shifter [hint]
#56 - Jakg
Quote from KiDCoDEa :1) Dear Logitech. I will buy this wheel. But i would buy it even happier if u could have 5 buttons on wheel, instead of just 2.
A programmable lcd (alla g15) center of wheel would be nice also. Or just have the placeholder for that "upgrade extension", on the wheel. LFS can use it very well and surely other sims to follow.

thanks for a kickass product basically everyone was waiting for. midrange perfectness.

2) here is my revised proposal mockup. Hope you understand the 5th button important also for "next feature" lcd navigation (therefore its linked color). It could also be a dial (twist) for analogue "more or less" and pressable for "ok/next".
I dont mind paying extra X dolars or so to have these additional features.
Wish u good luck, and hope u enjoy this quick mockup:

more pics http://www.engadget.com/2006/0 ... eels-and-g-series-inputs/

nice one! just a shame i cant afford it...
Hmmm strange.... Logitech had the wheel listed on their "Products" pages as soon as this was unveiled. But now they have taken it off.

Probably took it off because it wont be out yet for several months. But what if they took it down because they are "reviewing" the concept and putting more buttons on it
Its great to see Logitech FINALLY starts to wake up,
and notice that their product's are used by other than 12 year olds on ps2.

This wheel looks really great, and the build quality looks promising also.
...if only there were more buttons on the wheel instead of those on
the shifter.

My DFP buttons are ALL used, and it will be a big stepback to miss all those buttons on the wheel.

hmm...

I use autoclutch and paddles,
and have never tryed manual clutch and H shifter in LFS.
- some people says that u dont get better laptimes using it.
-maybe its just a gizmo that will be used for a moment when people have
plugged this wheel in, and then after a while they will go back to using
autoclutch and paddles.

Quote from Tweaker :But think of the entire deal. A nice wheel, a nice shifter + button controls, and a 3 pedal set. That $300 pricetag isn't so bad to be honest. I just hope the build quality is like my Red MOMO.

well in our country this wheel would cost like half of that 300$ more, and eaven 300$ is alot
I'll probably buy this wheel once it will come out (after trying it, of course, 300bucks are not few) but i don't really understand why leaving 4 buttons only on the wheel!! It's stupid! I guess logitech has decided to lower the button number to avoid problems with too many cables running inside the center of the wheel and to have simpler mass production.. but i still think it's just..illepall
I also hope that they've understood all the problems that affected Momo & DFP and erased them in this new wheel.. expecially the pedals pots' problem!
Anyway, i hope it will be possible to combo the momo wheel with the new pedals and shifter.. this way it could be possible to have the buttons on the wheel and the ones on the shifter too
SOLD.

My DFP pedals are on the way out atm (wobbly/noisy throttle signal, questionable fixability, using 8-odd year old MS ones for now), and I can already afford a G25 right now.

Logitech have very wisely placed themselves in the market with this; below is where the low quality plastic clad budget McWheel abominations reside, and above is the ludicrously expensive diamond encrusted, hand crafted, michelin star rated stuff (think ECCI etc).

Obviously you get what you pay for - it's hardly [include one of those super high end manufacturers here], but this is the only three pedal + shifter + decent wheel combo you're going to get without paying an enormous premium.

October is so far away !
There should be more buttons on the wheel I agree. Realised that you couldnt really look left or right in LFS with that wheel, there is lots of things you want have mapped in your wheel. Please Logitech, more buttons, and programmable leds because the ledmod from Kegetys in LFS is so cool.
Looks very good.

Quote :And with anti-backlash gearing, there is no slack in the steering response, making any race a smooth, realistic and quiet experience

I hope this means that the high pitched grating whining noise of the DFP is gone!
Quote from dave_w11 :I hope this means that the high pitched grating whining noise of the DFP is gone!

It should be.... That's why there are now two motors, together they can do the work better and with less noise.
Quote from sgt.flippy :It should be.... That's why there are now two motors, together they can do the work better and with less noise.

That's IF they are using a good system for those 2 motors... Otherwise there will be more noise...

I doubt that though, because one of the devs on wingmanteam said the only really annoying thing with the DFP was the noise it made when turning at anything but granny speed.
Quote from dave_w11 :I hope this means that the high pitched grating whining noise of the DFP is gone!

The newer DFPs are much much quieter than the old ones, so I imagine the noise will be a lot less noticeable IF it remains. Too bad I just got my DFP about a month ago Ah well... the new Logi wheel will still be there when this one hits the pit.

MAGGOT
I think I'll probably get one then despite not really being able to afford one! I'd love to be able to play later on without waking up the whole street!

I got an act labs shifter thing but found I barely use it with having to have another wheel lying around somewhere to have a clutch pedal and all the messing about plugging it in. Aswell as needing space for 2 sets of pedals and them sliding away from each other while racing etc. This looks like the perfect all in one solution and should get me racing again
Quote from MAGGOT :The newer DFPs are much much quieter than the old ones, so I imagine the noise will be a lot less noticeable IF it remains. Too bad I just got my DFP about a month ago Ah well... the new Logi wheel will still be there when this one hits the pit.

MAGGOT
[/size]

I got a revision B DFP, and if the older ones made more noise than this one, I'm VERY happy I have this one, because it still makes a lotta noise!

And I think I'll buy that wheel once the prices drop, and it's still available.

I wonder how people can say it looks bad, brushed metal, realistic buttons (too little, but they look realistic), and REAL leather covering... It should look like the wheel in your car, just a little smaller! illepall

Although I would like to have it with the leather, and for the rest look like the DFP tho, and even a little bigger.
Damn. This beauty will be sold here probably with a U$600-700 tag on it. But damn... I hate when this kind of things happen. Because I know I'll be buying it (well... my DFP costed me U$300... Sooo....)
Blah Blah
I'm just a casual racer. Okay, very infrequent casual racing. (although I still have my CD of NFS(1) back when I raced with a CH CombatStick)
This wheel package doesn't interest me at all. The Shifter/Button assy is completely bonkers. There is no way I want to go back to shifting by stick, paddles forever. The wheel itself looks nice, but there is no way I would go without more buttons on the wheel.
The best part of this package is the pedals, not doubt about that, they look awesome. But the other 2/3's is fubar'd.

With LFS, all my MomoBlack buttons serve a very usefull purpose. Clutch, 3 Looks, pit spd, headlights, (hmm and something else I'm forgetting at the moment). In GTR it was even better, 2 buttons just for F/R brake balance. (LFS >> GTR)

Anyway, just posting for the fun of it. I was ROFL seeing all the 'other' G25 topics.
The wheel market has been very very dry for quite some time now.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#71 - J.B.
So has anybody had any ideas as to why exactly two motors are better than one?

The only thing I can think of is that if each motor provides torque in only one direction, then the transition between clockwise/anti-clockwise torque should be smoother. Or maybe they are using some kind of advanced control system which could for example make one motor "help" you overcome the gearing resistance in the other motor when you turn the wheel very fast. Anyone in the know?

Quote from zorrofox :The gear shifter has a sequential option, presumably to make it work in just one plane.

Where did you get this from? I think you may have been misreading something about the paddle shifters. I would definately miss the sequential shifter of the DFP on this wheel, especially since most "real" racing cars (as in single-seaters) have either sequential stick or paddle shifters in real life. I'd rather have sequential than H-pattern tbh. Or no, let's have a mechanism that can be adjusted to work as either.

Same with the pedals: they either need to be adjustable to enable use for either left foot or right foot braking or I would prefer a clutchless left foot braking set. And looking at the gap between the throttle and brake it would seem the G25 pedals are better for left foot braking, leaving no foot left for the clutch.

Also, when reading the article I was hoping for the magic words "pressure sensitive brake pedal".

So all in all I'm not sure if it has the features that I would be looking for to replace my DFP but I guess I'll need a test drive first. Maybe the mechanics are so good that I won't care about the things I've just mentioned. The price seems to be OK considering the amount of features you get.
The shifter has separate selectable 6-speed 'H' and sequential modes that you can switch between at will (from the first post in this thread):

Quote :For PC and PlayStation 2 games that don't support the six-speed shifting mode, racers can switch the gearbox into sequential shifting mode

#73 - J.B.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :The shifter has separate selectable 6-speed 'H' and sequential modes that you can switch between at will (from the first post in this thread):

I understand that as saying that you can switch the in-game "gearbox" to sequential and and then use the paddles to shift. I think it's not quite clear. Are they talking about adjusting the game to the shifter or the shifter to the game?
Quote from J.B. :I understand that as saying that you can switch the in-game "gearbox" to sequential and and then use the paddles to shift. I think it's not quite clear. Are they talking about adjusting the game to the shifter or the shifter to the game?

look at the knob on the shifter and the symbols on it
#75 - J.B.
Quote from Shotglass :look at the knob on the shifter and the symbols on it

Oh. How could I miss that? I think I just saw a rotating knob and assumed it was for adjusting brake balance. :hide:

Well that's a big plus from my point of view. I guess I will have to start saving.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG