The online racing simulator
Derren Brown "predicted" the lottery numbers?
Didnt see a topic, so here it is.

WHAT THE HELL AT DERREN BROWN.

For those who dont know, he guessed tonights lottery numbers 5/6 or something live and succeeded
Lucky shot, I guess.
It's a great way to make people watch your show though, everyone will be tuning in to find out how he did that, clever people wanting to know how the trick works, stupid people hoping they can win the lottery. If there was no trick to it he would have bought a lottery ticket, those are official and can't be faked or purchased near to the draw.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's a great way to make people watch your show though, everyone will be tuning in to find out how he did that, clever people wanting to know how the trick works, stupid people hoping they can win the lottery. If there was no trick to it he would have bought a lottery ticket, those are official and can't be faked or purchased near to the draw.

Thats true but on some random newspaper websites I read that him and another illusionist werent allowed to buy tickets, might be bs to hype it up but I dont know : \
Well you would send a mate round the corner to the spa shop with the numbers to do it and give him some if they were winners wouldnt ya lol.

I watched it, very fooking clever, and as mentioned, it was all 100% live and there was no way he could have known the numbers beforehand, plus he even had the live bbc draw playing in the background on a tv to prove that it wasn't pre recorded or anything, unless of course the live TV on the stage was somehow added into the rest of the show that was pre recorded but i doubt that.
#7 - Jakg
Live TV is not usually live - there is a delay to allow censorship (what happens if there is an accident, death or... "exposure" on the 6PM news?).

The last guy that predicted the results did it because they were on a 2 minute delay at the time - i'd imagine it's the same here.

He's an illusionist not a magician - otherwise he'd just win the jackpot instead...
So any idea how he did it ? Trickery ?, magic balls ?, lucky guess ?, has he brainwashed the whole world into thinking he got it right but the real numbers are completely different ?, or has he cracked it for real ?.

Definitely watching on Friday
Well he's an illusionist so it ISN'T real that's fairly obvious.

Probs had a printer under the stand or some camera trickey with a stand swap
Quote from Jakg :Live TV is not usually live - there is a delay to allow censorship (what happens if there is an accident, death or... "exposure" on the 6PM news?).

The last guy that predicted the results did it because they were on a 2 minute delay at the time - i'd imagine it's the same here.

He's an illusionist not a magician - otherwise he'd just win the jackpot instead...

I had the show on one TV and the Draw on the other, the time delay between what the draw showed and what we saw on the TV behind Derren was no more than half a second, not enough time for a dude to draw on the balls

And not all 'Live TV' is time delayed, there have been many occasions where someone has expoised themselves on live TV or done somthing to get noticed (last time I saw it was 2/3 yeasrs ago when we had heavy flooding in Dingwall and a local ned decided to bare his arse)

He's a very clever man, can read the body better than others and can make them do most things he suggests. Very good entertainer and he himself states that he is not a Psychic, which is something the haters of Derren seem to forget when they come to criticise him
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Wireless controlled screen balls!
Quote from carey :Didn’t that Russian Roulette thing he did turn out to be a con (as in there wasn’t actually a bullet in the gun)?

They used blanks, but as they proved blanks are still quite deadly at close range, it would have certainly seriously injured him had he got it wrong.

Personally I think the half of the screen with the balls on was a pre-recorded scene, the perspective and camera movements just seemed a bit strange to me, and the reason he gave for not having an audience was obviously a lie. I hope there is more to it than that, but if not I expect The Events are just a clever way of getting us to watch his new series.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They used blanks, but as they proved blanks are still quite deadly at close range, it would have certainly seriously injured him had he got it wrong.

Personally I think the half of the screen with the balls on was a pre-recorded scene, the perspective and camera movements just seemed a bit strange to me, and the reason he gave for not having an audience was obviously a lie. I hope there is more to it than that, but if not I expect The Events are just a clever way of getting us to watch his new series.

The 'shaky cam' freezes for a moment while he is reading out the numbers. Probably a swap took place there with some camera overly trickery

Watch when he says 28! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_2h4UH1qaM
Quote from carey :Exactly, I would imagine he would have brought himself a ticket if this was genuine.

He did something years ago where he went up to the bookies and convinced the bookies that his losing bet was in fact the winning bet, and got paid out on whatever his odds he got on the losing bet.

For years I have been trying to do the same, but to no success
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from Intrepid :The 'shaky cam' freezes for a moment while he is reading out the numbers. Probably a swap took place there with some camera overly trickery

Watch when he says 28! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_2h4UH1qaM

While there is a questionable moment there I think a mere 'Camera Trick' is a bit mundane for a Derren Brown trick of misdirection. Just not his style and would be a bit shit if it was. I do have one suggestion though

If you look carefully on a HD version of the transmission, there is a very slight hazy quality to the numbers. This is because the numbers were formed by trained ants inside the balls, responding to a complex series of highly pitched clicks and taps that Derrin was making throughout the live draw. So highly pitched that the human ear is unable to hear them. You will remember that for some strange reason he had his hand over his mouth for the entire draw, thus hiding his nefarious handiwork!!!

It's pretty damn obvious if you think about it now.
Makes perfect sense to me.

How long would it take to train a colony of ants ? about a year ? thats how long he said he'd been working on this. And after all, the workers do whatever the queen tells them to do...phnarg
ITS MAGIC I TELL YOU

nah i don't know how he did itt. So am definatly going to watch it on friday as am very interested on how he could do it.

Well done though.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Arfhh, watching the second program on ch4 now, and I cringed everytime the guy stepped on a cup which "may have a knife under it"
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
So it turns out is was not down to any misdirection, or camera trick or unfortunately no magically trained ants.

Still good though.
Rubbish!

So many things wrong with what he did I can't even begin to explain. Camera trickery is the only answer. [As most people suspected beforehand]

E: Or he really did fix the lottery, which would be absolutely hilarious.
Basically his explanation for those who missed.

Get loads of friends. Give each a piece of paper. Tell them to guess the 6 numbers. Work out the mean.

Sounds a bit dodgy
Interesting ending >___>
Quote from DevilDare :Basically his explanation for those who missed.

Get loads of friends. Give each a piece of paper. Tell them to guess the 6 numbers. Work out the mean.

Sounds a bit dodgy

Sounds ridiculous.

Wouldn't that mean you could just go to a big forum, start a thread asking people to send 6 numbers to you and get rich?
To his explanation - Yes.

Should we try it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG