The online racing simulator
#1 - Lible
Logitech G25 vs Porsche 911 GT3 RS
I was just looking around for a wheel and though there is a huge topic on the Turbo wheel there is no good information on the GT3 RS. I understand some people have got this already.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a wheel and I haven't had one since my red Momo broke few years ago. These two have stayed on the list for me. The GT3 seems to be the better wheel but what I'm afraid of is what happens if it breaks - I know logitech will replace their stuff but Fanatec is a much smaller company.

Anyway, in the logn run, which wheel will, firstly, last longer, secondly, be simply better and thirdly if it breaks be repairable. Maybe it the best idea would be to just get some cheaper wheel

Another thing I was wondering is how good it is to drive a single seater with one of these large wheels, would a smaller wheel be better.
when the porsche wheel is working properly, it is definitely better than the G25. you can find comparisons all over the place. smoother, stronger, more realistic force feedback, bigger wheel, and the Clubsport pedals are very nice. comes w/ paddles, gated shifter, and sequential shifter.

I've just got the normal 911 turbo, and the drivers for that are still buggy. sometimes they dont load settings and i have to do a few extra steps to refresh them. You'll see mixed reviews because early batches had some problems. Fanatec claims to have sorted all of that out for the new batches of wheels... too bad for me i had one of the earlier wheels, but I don't really regret the purchase.

racing single seaters feels a bit funny because of the wheel size. but you'll get used to it.
My impression so far is that Fanatec really seem eager to provide good technical support. Other things about their customer relations can be improved on (information about order status, delays in production +++) but I haven't seen anyone complaining about poor technical support (repairs etc). They really appear dedicated to making good products!

As for the driving experience I agree with mostly everyone else. The GT3RS is smoother, stronger, quieter yet still just as quick and responsive as my old G25. It really wins on all categories IMO.
yupp. I switched from G25 to the GT3 RS wheel, and my G25 is now for sale. I think that explains what I feel I have made a review of the set, so if anyone wants to read it, just say so, and I will post it.
#5 - zapz
#6 - Lible
I'm really afraid that some problem will occur that will take a long time and a lot of effort to repair. I have a Hotas Cougar joystick which was supposed to be one of the best in the class but in reality it has tons of imperfections and factory mistakes, that's why I am afraid.

A lot of the fanatec wheels seem to have some mistakes, which is understandable looking at their number of manufactured wheels compared to logitech.

Such a hard choice..

Just remembered another thing, does the fact that it's more of a arcade wheel (NFS, Forza, it's a Porsche wheel after all!)show in any way?
#7 - zapz
I'm not sure what you mean with that last comment.
Quote from Lible :

Just remembered another thing, does the fact that it's more of a arcade wheel (NFS, Forza, it's a Porsche wheel after all!)show in any way?

I was afraid of that too, but not at all. Its a quality wheel, and you know that the first time you touch the wheel. It also looks better in real life than on pictures in my opinion :P
Quote from Lible :I was just looking around for a wheel and though there is a huge topic on the Turbo wheel there is no good information on the GT3 RS. I understand some people have got this already.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a wheel and I haven't had one since my red Momo broke few years ago. These two have stayed on the list for me. The GT3 seems to be the better wheel but what I'm afraid of is what happens if it breaks - I know logitech will replace their stuff but Fanatec is a much smaller company.

Anyway, in the logn run, which wheel will, firstly, last longer, secondly, be simply better and thirdly if it breaks be repairable. Maybe it the best idea would be to just get some cheaper wheel

Another thing I was wondering is how good it is to drive a single seater with one of these large wheels, would a smaller wheel be better.

The Fanatec wheels haven´t been out so long so it´s hard to say which will last longer. The wheel is well built for sure and the shifters have tolerated a lot of abuse already . But it has stronger force feedback as well which means more strain and it runs hotter so that is no guarantee.
Has been some QA issues so some seem to have gotten bad wheels too.

It´s very hard to say but my GT 3 RS is still going strong anyway.
I have no play at all btw for who asked. Force feedback and such is the same as for the 911 turbo. The grip is different. Particularly the 911 turbo Grip was amazing for formula cars. Very thick which gives me a very strong grip. But I have quite large hands so I often find wheels beeing to thin.

About performance the wheel outperform the G25 in every regard except for the paddle shifters I would say. It´s a tier above really.

As for repairability well the assembly is made such it´s pretty hard to reattach the wheel if you disassemble it. Even the standard pedals you need to be two for. However the clubsport pedals are a lot more tweaker friendly. Though I don´t know what would break on those except for the load cell or electronics perhaps. Should be quite easy to replace if anything happens on those.

As for returning Fanatec only sells their wheel from their website so you would ship your wheel to Germany for repair or replacement. Depending on how good your reseller is in your country it may go faster to rma your G25 or not.

I have had my share fair of trouble with that too but the plus side is they generally have wheels in stock. With Fanatec you may want to rma something which at the moment is out of stock and then who knows how long time it can take. In general you need more patience since you preorder pay in advance and so far there is very often significant delays.

But for me the wheel is so good it´s worth it
Hey I am not sure if the OP has already bought a wheel but Fanatec is building strong. Dont forget that they are small compared to Logitech. Being small can be good or bad. Works both ways. Servce from fanatec is normally very good and are willing to help. Well a lot of people already told you what it feels like so I not gonna tell ya. Just buy the fanatec and youll see. The shifter which I tend to use is superb, almost like a real shifter.
I went for the G25 . It is more than two times cheaper anyway so it was easy to 'justify' buying it.

Going to arrive any day now..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG