The online racing simulator
Quote from aroX123 :He done 6 laps and all the others 12 or so.
And he is 1,0 sec faster than Kovalainen, 2nd place guy, its really quick.
Only guy to below 40's.

Hamilton on pole! Kovalainen 2nd. 100% sure

he was .5 sec quicker then button who was 2nd, still the 2nd session shows the true pace.
where did buemi learn to be soo fast?

edit: said that a bit early
torro rosso has great car it's just this spanish kid that drives like beep

Track is much more demanding then it looks. Just 10 drivers in 1 sec.
Every of these slow corners is different to other and it makes difference.

It's not only fast corners that make difference, slow corners <3

oh btw. fisi looked really poor, that on-board camera really showed me that he could go faster like 2 sec :S
Well, top 10 within one second, not bad. Shame Kobayashi didn't make Q3, but a respectable performance with a constant 0.5 sec behind Trulli in both sessions. I'm hoping Hamilton is going to start from P2 or P3, but would win the race, though it looks like he's going to lead from lights-out to flag
mm this looks so good in the night.

i have the feeling this track might be the new Canada
(in racing action aspect)
#56 - DeMS
Quote from N I K I :torro rosso has great car it's just this spanish kid that drives like beep

Track is much more demanding then it looks. Just 10 drivers in 1 sec.
Every of these slow corners is different to other and it makes difference.

It's not only fast corners that make difference, slow corners <3

oh btw. fisi looked really poor, that on-board camera really showed me that he could go faster like 2 sec :S

That's being harsh on Alguersuari. I mean, this year there are no training sessions and he's only been here for six races. Buemi has had 10 more GP to get the feeling for the car and as so he's got almost 3 times the F1 driving experience.

Besides, the only instructions Alg is being sent is to finish the race and get into the Q2 - it's going to be next year when he'll be forced to do good, but as of now, he's there to practice and shape up good for next year.

Back to the circuit, is it only me or does it have the shape of an old western handgun?

In any event, it's a competitive one!
hamilton pole by 7 tenths!
Outclassing, stunning lap
Going to be interesting to see how much fuel everyone's put in. Looks fairly close except for the last couple of places
Great drive by Hamilton, although I suspect he may be fuelled light.

Good showing by Vettel and Webber too. A bit disappointed for Brawn, but they may be heavier.

Weights will be very interesting to look at.

Here's to a fine finale!
#61 - DeMS
Quote from samjh :Great drive by Hamilton, although I suspect he may be fuelled light.

Good showing by Vettel and Webber too. A bit disappointed for Brawn, but they may be heavier.

Weights will be very interesting to look at.

Here's to a fine finale!

Light on fuel + KERS explain a lot.

Awesome driving does too ;>
Quote from DeMS :That's being harsh on Alguersuari. I mean, this year there are no training sessions and he's only been here for six races. Buemi has had 10 more GP to get the feeling for the car and as so he's got almost 3 times the F1 driving experience.

Besides, the only instructions Alg is being sent is to finish the race and get into the Q2 - it's going to be next year when he'll be forced to do good, but as of now, he's there to practice and shape up good for next year.

Back to the circuit, is it only me or does it have the shape of an old western handgun?

In any event, it's a competitive one!

we'll see about that next year. I don't think he'll ever be faster than Buemi.
This track is soo unusual that getting the right set up is critical to get any pace. i think thats why there is such huge differences in pace between team mates and such here.

It has the longest straight of all the tracks this season whilst requiring high downforce for 2/3rds of the track.
Quote from Mustafur :This track is soo unusual that getting the right set up is critical to get any pace. i think thats why there is such huge differences in pace between team mates and such here.

It has the longest straight of all the tracks this season whilst requiring high downforce for 2/3rds of the track.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Vettel and Webber one behind the other, the BMW's one behind the other and the Brawns one behind the other... How is that a huge difference between teammates lol.
#66 - DeMS
Quote from evilpimp :Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Vettel and Webber one behind the other, the BMW's one behind the other and the Brawns one behind the other... How is that a huge difference between teammates lol.

As weird as it might sound, worst enemy of F1 (even years ago when it wasn't as capped and standarized as it is today) is new things - and a new circuit falls into that category -, thus teams do have to experiment quite heavily. At least those that want to be somewhere up high next year on this very circuit (remember WDC and WCC are already decided).
I agree but the results don't show that too much. In some cases it might but not always as is shown by Brawn, BMW and Redbull. And I'm sure Redbull wants to go for the WDC and WCC next year...
#68 - DeMS
Quote from evilpimp :I agree but the results don't show that too much. In some cases it might but not always as is shown by Brawn, BMW and Redbull. And I'm sure Redbull wants to go for the WDC and WCC next year...

Brawn needs to get a good result for good standings mean more sponsors.
BMW needs to get a good result so if they sell the team they can say 'hey, we're leaving you with an ok car, it ain't that bad if we managed to get such results on a new track!'
Red Bull needs to get a good result to be a believable title contenders for next year, attract fans, and leave behind the criticism some people might have for them for not being able to get the championship (totally pointless as it's the first year RBR has been a top contendant).

See the pattern?

Other teams care about two things : Finishing the race and adquiring data for next year.

Drivers are a different matter though, as everyone that does not have a confirmed seat for next year will be pushing to the limit to gain exposure, and then possible investors which will hand a car for 2010.
Nice qualy session. Happy Mclaren/Hamilton are on pole.

Hopefully it will be a nice race tomorrow.

Edit - People who watched the BBC build up. Does anyone know the song they played when they showed the Brawn GP clip when they were talking about the teams? It was a nice soft piano tune. All I know about it, is that its quite popular, the thing is, it was only the melody and no lyrics so I couldnt remember the name

Any help?
Hopefully Alonso and Vettel can bring it next year because Hamilton is starting to look the 'driver' of F1 at the moment. He's making the rest look downright average at the moment.
#71 - 5haz
Can he keep good form going though? Being consistantly brilliant is where Hamilton keeps failing.
Hamilton has 2 laps less fuel than Vettel, but isn't the lightest car in the top 10. Hamilton is so quick, he'll easily pull out enough of a gap over Vettel during his first stint. So, with the winner decided, it's up to the rest of them to squabble over 2nd.

Fuel strategies here.
hekki is definetely fired now considering how good hamilton did in quaily.
Kovalainen's gearbox failed in Q2.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Kovalainen's gearbox failed in Q2.

lol I totally forgot(i was just watching the f1 timing screens and i didn't see it).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG