The online racing simulator
Post your accent (and other irregularities of speech)
Post your accent! Describe your accent and what makes your accent special in your language and also in English.

If you have any other speech irregularities you'd like to share (very fast speech, very slow, trouble with certain sounds, etc.), please post those too

Feel free to post examples of others using a similar accent.
#2 - J@tko
People from up North would say I had a southern accent. People from Laaandan would probably say I had a northern-ish accent. I'm from the midlands and speak like most other midlanders. Unless you go to Leicester, in which case everyone speaks to you like you're in an Indian Restaurant. Or Corby, where everyone talks like a retarded moron.

I've recently developed a "BLOODY HELL MOUTH, WHY WON'T YOU SAY WHAT THE BRAIN IS TELLING YOU TO SAY" issue - it sometimes takes me about 3 attempts to get out what I actually want to say. And I mumble like hell.

Oh and also:

"Timo, I am your father"
I am accent neutral. Regardless of where I am or who I talk to they can never pinpoint where I am from as my accent works anywhere. I've had Canadians, Londoners, Mancoonians, Welshies, Aussies and an American all think I was one of them. Purely because I have no accent. Which is nice.

Although I do have a slight speech impediment and have a bit of Jonathan Woss going on.
I only have a slight Yorkshire accent due to me only living here for 9 years of my life so far. (I lived near the south coast for 3 years and its taken me this long to get rid of that accent lol)

I mumble A LOT though.
im form nuremberg so i firmly believe that the letters t and p are a figment of imagination
I have a nice northamptonshire accent that has merged with a surrey accent, so i say northern things in a silly southern / posh accent... may the mocking begin is all i can say.
I mumble a lot, and I will often trip over words and flip two words around in a sentence. I'm also quite often drunk, so I don't really consider it to be a speed impediment or accent, really.

I swear a lot, too. Not as much as I did in highschool, but still a fair amount sometimes.
I apparently, sound posh.
I think my only claim to fame on this forum (other than my epic fails) is my rather strong Mackem/Pitmatic accent. I've lived in Peterlee for all of my 17 years, so that explains the pitmatic (even though that's dying a slow death) and I've gone to school in Sunderland for many years, giving me the Mackem.

Every time I go anywhere more than.........80 miles south, nobody can understand a word I say. Last time I was in Birmingham I had to say my KFC order 6 times. 6 times! It gets rather annoying to be honest.
Quote from Wilko868 :Every time I go anywhere more than.........80 miles south, nobody can understand a word I say. Last time I was in Birmingham I had to say my KFC order 6 times. 6 times! It gets rather annoying to be honest.

I went to Sheffield for a Uni open day - I couldn't understand at all what quite alot of people were saying, and a few seemed to just say "luv" after every single sentence.

"How are ya luv?"
"Oh I'm good luv"
"Where you from luv"

Got annoying
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from J@tko :I went to Sheffield for a Uni open day - I couldn't understand at all what quite alot of people were saying, and a few seemed to just say "luv" after every single sentence.

"How are ya luv?"
"Oh I'm good luv"
"Where you from luv"

Got annoying

Shut your face.

We're not that bad
stokey all the way
I have a very hearable german accent when I speak English, at least that's what I'm told.
And I always speak so fast that nobdoy understands me :/
I have a slight Birmingham accent, or what we call, a "Brummy" accent. Luckily, it's not that strong, and I do not talk like a Brummy.

I sound a little like this, just not as much.

Go to 3:17.
straight jamaican accent.
dont think rasta,,,cause i dont talk like a rasta.
Quote from Shotglass :im form nuremberg so i firmly believe that the letters t and p are a figment of imagination

lol

Better then the our "schwoaba" accent

I was born in Karlsruhe so i think every german person knows how that sounds Sadly i lost most of my "badisch" accent and switched to "schwäbisch" because im living in the "Ländle" now
But when im with my family we mostly speak accent free.
I attempt to speak Dutch without an accent. Clear Dutch, without the silly imported American 'R'.

However, when I'm with my buddies, I speak the local dialect. It's a Low Saxon dialect.

That doesn't mean the local dialect is the same as the one spoken in villages 10km from here. They all differ slightly.
For example, a potato (aardappel) is called 'Pieper' in my town, whereas my buddies from another town call it an 'Eerpel'.
There are at least four slightly different dialects within a 20km radius of my town. The dialects on this side of the forest are also different to those on the other side. Confusing, isn't it?
#21 - JJ72
I sound like I have a cold when I speak over XBL.......cause I was shy lol.

But face to face with real people is a lot better, not much accent to speak of just sound lazy at times, and I speak very very fast.
I have a mild Yorkshire accent I guess, although Passo would have you believe that it is much worse than that. I was unaware there was a difference between pronouncing 'f' and 'th' (as in 'free' and 'three') sounds until a classmate pointed out I pronounce them all the same. Being from Yorkshire my speech is littered with glottal stops: "Pass me the newspaper, I'm going to the toilet." becomes "Pass mi' newspaper, am goin't' toile'"
Mine is everywhere. I was born in Southampton and my parents are from Hampshire, so started out with quite a southern accent (pronouncing 'grass' with a long 'a', like in 'Abarth') but moved up to Lincolnshire when I was 6, so it slowly started picking up northern bits - from about age 10 I was saying 'grass' with a short 'a' like in 'cat'.

To add a bit of variety, from age 14 or so, two of my best friends for years were from Essex, so I picked a bit of that up.

From age 19 I then moved to Manchester, where I've been for the last 12 years, and have now picked up a fair bit of that (pronouncing the 'ow' of 'know' like most people say it in 'bowl' for example)
I got nothin'.
Talking to m8s from US over skype right now and ... damn, i cant speak a **** tbh. Its kinda hard to spell tbh. Hmm

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG