The online racing simulator
General Q/A and discussion thread
Quote from Joe Keaveney :The top 15 drivers from the 2009 iTCC Driver's Championship move straight through to Round 1 of the 2010 iTCC Driver's Championship. They are 'locked-in'. At all other rounds of the iTCC, the 'locked-in' drivers are those drivers who are in the top 15 of the 2010 Driver's Championship. All other drivers who have submitted entries for the 2010 Championship must 'pre-qualify'.
[...]
The top 50 drivers from pre-qualifying will then advance to the Reserve Shootouts and feature in the iTCC program/broadcast. The top 15 drivers from the Reserve Shootouts will advance to the iTCC races themselves.

I'm confused. What happens if some locked-in drivers don't show up?

And... also :

Quote from Rules :The maximum number of starters is 31 except at South City where only 29 cars may start

This is quite in contradiction with the quote in the top of my post, isn't it?
And for the record, did you guys send a private message only to the 15 already signed in or you sent that to everyone? lol
I was 17th last season so i'm not sure if i'm in or not since not all of the top15 showed up this year. Just checking to confirm
just have another question...There will be two pool for shootout for 15slots...How will you select who is in?
Quote from MoMo92i :just have another question...There will be two pool for shootout for 15slots...How will you select who is in?

Done by fastest laps in the sessions.

Both sessions will be combined and then the fastest 15 drivers on the day will be the lucky ones.
Quote from The Rules :

Reserve shootout(s)

1 or 2 x 20 minute qualifying sessions, depending on the amount of drivers signed up to race
ONLY the drivers invited to the Reserve Shootout (No 1 or No 2) are allowed on server during that Shootout.
Session 1 starting at 1630 UTC, numbers 1-49 (including those 200-249, 300-349 etc) should take part in this session
Session 2 starting at 1700 UTC, numbers 50+ (including those 250-299, 350-399 etc) should take part in this session
Telepitting and drafting allowed, bumpdrafting is not.
Results of the 2 sessions are combined, and the fastest drivers will proceed to the main qualifying session to make the total number of starters for that track

So number 35 will be in shootout 1, number 77 will be in shootout 2, and number 126 will be in shootout 1.

Or, you might be moved if there would be too many people in one of the shootouts.

@ Oliveira From the recipients of the Race 1 PM, it was sent to the 15 highest drivers in the championship who signed up, so you don't have to pre-qualify.

Yann, I think the top 50 drivers is a rigid amount, but with the main qualifying and the races, if a locked in driver isn't there 10 minutes before the start of qualifying (at 1800) then we'll get the next person in the list from the reserve shootout. I'm sure Joe will confirm that 31 - 15 = 16 soon
Quote from boothy :So number 35 will be in shootout 1, number 77 will be in shootout 2, and number 126 will be in shootout 1.

Or, you might be moved if there would be too many people in one of the shootouts.

@ Oliveira From the recipients of the Race 1 PM, it was sent to the 15 highest drivers in the championship who signed up, so you don't have to pre-qualify.

Yann, I think the top 50 drivers is a rigid amount, but with the main qualifying and the races, if a locked in driver isn't there 10 minutes before the start of qualifying (at 1800) then we'll get the next person in the list from the reserve shootout. I'm sure Joe will confirm that 31 - 15 = 16 soon

Thanks Boothy - yeah spot on - we will take the next person on the reserve list until we have the number of drivers we need for the track we're running on.

And Oliviera, you were PM'ed as you were the 15th highest placed returning driver.
Good good
So, no pre-qualifying and no shootout for me for this round then...
will the itcc banners used in the pre season test race be released?
they looked good
I'm trying to connect to "ICON Racing - iTCC" for Prequalifying, but i get "Host not found on Master Server".

This is the right server for Prequalifying, isn't it ?
Quote from Metalass :I'm trying to connect to "ICON Racing - iTCC" for Prequalifying, but i get "Host not found on Master Server".

This is the right server for Prequalifying, isn't it ?

No, with the NDR and iCON merger, the server was renamed to NDR|iTCC 2010

d
oh ok, thanks deko!
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09 : I failed :o
With Christmas and the end of the year, I could not send my SRP, but I asked a teammate to post to the forum and send me the password. However, my team-mate received the password and I do not, I wonder if I can give the password. I would appreciate any manager to answer me.

thanks
Quote from KaiqueBRA :With Christmas and the end of the year, I could not send my SRP, but I asked a teammate to post to the forum and send me the password. However, my team-mate received the password and I do not, I wonder if I can give the password. I would appreciate any manager to answer me.

thanks

Answered via PM, thanks
hey guys, im not sure if have missed it somewhere in the rules, but whats the go with weaving under safety car? im assuming your allowed to weave until the last split on the lap the safety car enters the pits? is that right?
Quote from lopino12 :hey guys, im not sure if have missed it somewhere in the rules, but whats the go with weaving under safety car? im assuming your allowed to weave until the last split on the lap the safety car enters the pits? is that right?

Ermm....if I remember last season it did occur, and we didn't penalise for it. As long as you stop at the "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" message and close up gaps it should be fine.

Be sure to, in the event of a safety car, keep a decent gap to the car ahead, and it also will help to stagger which side of the course you're on to give you a bit more room to react...don't be directly line astern.

d
Excuse me, but i'm listed in Reserve Shootout 1. That is a too early for me and I wont be able to make it. is there anyway I can be in Shootout 2?
Is this prequaly and race going to be streamed? If so where?
livestream.com/itcc ?
Thank you
Will the sign ups re-open for Round 2?
Quote from Drift King CZ :Will the sign ups re-open for Round 2?

Yes - very soon, just finishing off Round 1 stuff before opening sign-ups for Round 2.

Thread should be up tomorrow.

Cheers!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG