The online racing simulator
Custom Server melody
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Sk0rp
Custom Server melody
Hi
I just got an small idea to my mind.

What do you think about an small melody when joining a server.
That would give every server an individual touch.
It could just be an small *.mid file. (??????license problems?????)
The files could be hostet on the main LFS server or directly sended from the server you ´re joining.

What do you think?
That would be nice, a custom server join sound.
Everyone would just play the benny hill song
It would be a good touch, but there are those *holes that would put certain words in their melody that people might take offense to
#5 - Sk0rp
Quote from xapexcivicx :It would be a good touch, but there are those *holes that would put certain words in their melody that people might take offense to

If *.mid files would be used there is no possibility to bring speech into the melody. That should just be a melody not a song.
Quote from Sk0rp :If *.mid files would be used there is no possibility to bring speech into the melody. That should just be a melody not a song.

Yup.

Great idea .

My upcoming league would do that. What about driver join entrance music as well?
Quote from duke_toaster :My upcoming league would do that. What about driver join entrance music as well?

I would find that very distracting. Imagine, you are in the middle of a race, and every 30 seconds, a melody starts to play, lol.
Quote from zeugnimod :I would find that very distracting. Imagine, you are in the middle of a race, and every 30 seconds, a melody starts to play, lol.

Obviously disablable.

At least I'd like to hear the Rocky theme when I leave the pits (lol).

Being a musician, I love music... BUT.

meh, seems like a waste of time

Blah.
Quote from zeugnimod :I would find that very distracting. Imagine, you are in the middle of a race, and every 30 seconds, a melody starts to play, lol.

No, my idea was just to play the meldoy if you are joining a server (the others should see that you´re joning by the text-message/ not hear the melody)

Greetings Sk0rp
Yes, I know, I was commenting on the suggestion of duke_toaster.

Doesnt really matter to me, if a melody plays or not, if I join a server, tbh.
Just a simple question... what's the point?
i don't like to have ANY music in a racing game. useless for me.....rather annoying.

i hate that custom-sound stuff in counterstrike too.

Custom Server melody
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG