The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustafur :
Its easily the best place for an F1 driver to go apart from actually F1, expecially considering the new season will have alot of circuits.

It's also easier for him to excel in the series...not much difference between cars' performances if at all, so at least he has something to be confident about, even though I'm sure he'll go kamikaze on everyone's arse in the ovals.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Prodrive can't be too happy about this situation.

If I recall correctly, Prodrive did have an opportunity to join the grid a few years ago but withdrew so I guess Dave Richards can relate to USF1 and Campos if they won't make it.
Quote from Joris :If I recall correctly, Prodrive did have an opportunity to join the grid a few years ago but withdrew so I guess Dave Richards can relate to USF1 and Campos if they won't make it.

From what I remember Prodrive withdrew because the FIA wouldn't let them use McLaren customer cars.
Quote from JackDaMaster :From what I remember Prodrive withdrew because the FIA wouldn't let them use McLaren customer cars.

Which they should have expected.
Quote from Joris :If I recall correctly, Prodrive did have an opportunity to join the grid a few years ago but withdrew so I guess Dave Richards can relate to USF1 and Campos if they won't make it.

They had no other choice but to withdraw, Williams would not let them use a "customer car" and they didn't have sufficient time to build their own before the seasons started. So they had to withdraw, which is a shame really it would have been nice to have seen them on the grid.
Quote from Mustafur :lol Could you imagen if Kobayashi proves to be a Real talent, you might have people calling him ''Kamakazi Baby Schumi''.

he actually owned pretty bad in his debut race
sauber seems ok'ish pace-wise, so my hopes are high for him
Quote from wild :They had no other choice but to withdraw, Williams would not let them use a "customer car" and they didn't have sufficient time to build their own before the seasons started. So they had to withdraw, which is a shame really it would have been nice to have seen them on the grid.

which was of course purely because williams, the team that likes to project itself as thinking that racing is more important than results, were worried that they would be beaten, ignoring the fact that frank williams' first attempt at a team used customer cars !
Which in a way he told porkies in order to obtain. He promised Jack Brabham that he would be using the chassis for Tasman racing only, aparrently Brabham wasn't too pleased when he turned up on F1 grids with Piers Courage instead.
If Stefan GP get confirmed to race in 2010 they will be a pretty good position compared to some of the other newcomers since they bought the chassis Toyota where going to use in '10 before they quit.
simple answer would be to give campos and usa a 4 race amnesty, then let stefan run the first 4 races. after 4 races if as seems likely one or both of the two missing teams don't show up stefan can carry on. if both turn up then the team(s) in last place in the constructors championship and the 2 latecomers have to pre qualify with the fastest 2 teams on combined driver's best laps being in the race. this should give stefan the advantage to ensure they stay racing and it should weed out which ever team is way off the pace. after a further 4 events the prequalifying would be for the 4 teams that were lowest in the championship.

as an added bonus it would give us something exciting to watch on friday and in fact it could be turned into a 10 lap sprint qualification with once again the agregate team results deciding who gets into saturdays qualifying, the grid for this decided by fastest times in an early 30 mins practice.

one further bonus is that it would also give the teams that were at the bottom of the championship some extra track time and some publicity
Quote from lizardfolk :Well...I kinda want Stefan in F1 now.

They confirmed Kazuki Nakajima and they said that they are close to a contract with Villeneuve.....

Can you imagine either of them in F1 again?

http://www.earthtimes.org/arti ... e-nakajima-confirmed.html

I would prefer a Serbian driver in F1, but i guess the team would do too, for the laughs.. He should've gave Milos Pavlovic a chance though..
Quote :
"We would like to inform you that yesterday, Jose Maria Lopez Sr., together with (managers) Felipe McGough and Victor Rosso, visited US F1 headquarters in Charlotte to be in contact with the team's directors," Lopez said in a statement to the Argentine media, adding that he and his management group left the meeting "with a clear understanding of the team's current situation," and are now en route to London.

"Arrangements were made to have different meetings, one of them with the managers of the FOM, whose president is Bernie Ecclestone. The result of the meeting has been positive," Lopez's statement added.

http://www.racer.com/us-f1-vows-to-fight-on/article/164104/
Perrrrrkele!!!
Jeez, this most common word is everywhere.
Quote :US F1 co-founder Ken Anderson has admitted that he is in discussion with the FIA to reach an agreement that will allow for the new team to miss the first four races of the 2010 Formula 1 season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81616

We all saw it coming.
Woooo! Lotus are back

...I know it's owned by Proton but it's green with yellow bits, that'll do me
and their livery looks mint i like it
#974 - Uke
Hmm.. Sounds like the F! 2010 season will be interesting.. I might even watch it.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG