The online racing simulator
any1 has a link?
Link please.
surprises of Q2, Schumacher and Button JUST managed to scrape into Q3...

in terms of low fuel qualifying runs, Red Bull have the quickest car, with Ferrari close behind. Mercedes is ahead of McLaren. But perhaps it'll be different again tomorrow when they have 160kg of fuel on board instead of 10kg...
Vettel pole!
Quote from Mustafur :Vettel pole!

he was throwing the car into the corners in S2 on that flying lap, awsome~!

looks like only Force Inida qualified on the harder tyre, everyone else was on options in Q3, will be interesting how quickly they will burn these out with 160kg of fuel tmr...
Well. What a bloody shocker. (Not)

Grats to Vettel and RBR. Ferrari look good too. Not sure whats going on with McLaren. We'll see how they do with a full tank.

Overall, good stuff. This season will be good.

By the way, love how Massa showed Alonso his place. He was getting too cocky during testing, "Put your money on me".
On BBC, interview at the end with Barichello. Reporter asks: Schumacher only a few spots in front of you Bari, how do you feel about his return ?
Barichello replies: "I have the hard fresh tyres :grin:"

Lovely

Was a nice qualify though. Ferrari back on track. Red Bull keeps up their good performance. I'm also impressed by Force India. There was little talk about them, but they did a good performance in my opinion and continue their last season good ending, I hope they can reach the podium once this season as they earn it. Mercedes and Mclaren... not so superb qualify but let us first wait and see the race (tactics) and also Melbourne. This track has a tendancy for being a bit more in favor of some driving styles or people's preferences, while Melbourne is more overall equal for all. Looking forward to tomorrow's race.
Massa. Hamilton did a great job too. Schumacher did pretty good despite the beeb trying to ramp up a non-story. It;s the oldman's first race in three years.

Ferrari 1-2 on the cards though if the redbull eats it's tires like it did in praccy
Anyone else think the timing overlays kinda sucked? There wasn't one to tell you what the overall results were during the session. Made it harder for me to follow.

Still - good result for Vettel, and lovely to see Massa back and on form.
I'm actually pretty surprised about Red Bull, well actually it was only Vettel who was good, even brilliant, deserved the pole. Did underestimate Ferrari and I'm quite disappointed in Mercedes and McLaren. But I did get their standings right, Mercedes is faster than the Macs, but Hamilton is still faster than Schumi.

Schumi did a good job, people are giving him too big targets. He hasn't raced for 3 years, but he's still a excellent driver. Nico is fast and one of the greatest drivers at the moment, was already on Williams, Schumi has a great team-mate.

PS. Oh yeah almost forgot: WAY TO GO MASSA! Alonso is pissed!
PPS. Oh I remembered Rosberg was in front of Hamilton. But yeah, I still think Mercedes is faster at least a little bit
I think McLaren and Mercedes are very well-matched in absolute performance. The bigger factor is in the drivers. Hamilton is the only driver among the four who is in a position to extract maximum performance from the car and the team. Button is new, Schumacher is rusty, and Rosberg is also new. With time, I think you'll see a lot of shuffling in the rank order between those four.

As for Red Bull, I think it'll be a tough fight against Ferrari.

So far:
RBR = Ferrari > McLaren = Mercedes > Renault = Force India > Williams > Sauber = STR > Virgin = Lotus > HRT
The differences in speed are back to being large again, and that's disregarding the new teams.

It's an interesting start of the season for sure.
Quote from DarkTimes :Anyone else think the timing overlays kinda sucked? There wasn't one to tell you what the overall results were during the session. Made it harder for me to follow.

Still - good result for Vettel, and lovely to see Massa back and on form.

Yea, I noticed, I was complaining that the session overlay graphics in the left hand of the screen weren't shown as per usual last seasons.. I don't know why they weren't showing it..
Quote from samjh :I think McLaren and Mercedes are very well-matched in absolute performance. The bigger factor is in the drivers. Hamilton is the only driver among the four who is in a position to extract maximum performance from the car and the team. Button is new, Schumacher is rusty, and Rosberg is also new. With time, I think you'll see a lot of shuffling in the rank order between those four.

As for Red Bull, I think it'll be a tough fight against Ferrari.

So far:
RBR = Ferrari > McLaren = Mercedes > Renault = Force India > Williams > Sauber = STR > Virgin = Lotus > HRT

I think FI has a better car than Renault, but Kubica is famous for swinging the hell outta the car to extract extra performance in qualifying through~

we shall see if the order in qualifying would be the same tomorrow in the race~ Vettel's left front look rather 2nd hand when it gets to the end of his flying lap, and I think Ferrari will have an easy run to a 1-2 tmr...
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, I noticed, I was complaining that the session overlay graphics in the left hand of the screen weren't shown as per usual last seasons.. I don't know why they weren't showing it..

Yeah I'm hoping it was just a technical issue, first broadcast of the season and all that, but I felt really disconnected from events when I couldn't see the overall standings. Also the director was pointing the camera at the wrong drivers... I wanted to see Vettel and Alonso, not Button and the Toro Rosso.

Edit: Anyone got footage of Vettel's pole lap?

EditEx: Never mind, scroll down: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8565704.stm (might only work in the UK).
I wonder if anyone was just happy with top 10 and saved their tyres for the race?
Quote from sil3ntwar :I wonder if anyone was just happy with top 10 and saved their tyres for the race?

Sutil will start on the harder compound. Everyone else gunned it by the looks of it
Quote from Intrepid :Sutil will start on the harder compound. Everyone else gunned it by the looks of it

Yup. The ideal trick for the front two row starters will be to get back onto the track after their first pit stop before Sutil and other hard-tyred guys get ahead. With pit stop times reduced to around 18 to 20 seconds, it should be possible for at least Vettel and the Ferraris.
Quote from samjh :Yup. The ideal trick for the front two row starters will be to get back onto the track after their first pit stop before Sutil and other hard-tyred guys get ahead. With pit stop times reduced to around 18 to 20 seconds, it should be possible for at least Vettel and the Ferraris.

Sutil would still have to pit to change to softs at some point.
Massa's lap was ace, so is Vettel's of course! I wouldn't imagine they get so close to hitting the 53s, and Massa upstaging Alonso in the first race....this should be exciting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG