The online racing simulator
Why drifters sometimes get on my nerves: A list
Let's start then, eh?

1. Dorifto. I hate the fact that they say that! Does this make them any cooler?! Agh!
2. Skins. Ridiculous amounts of logos slapped on top of a skin with some horrible gradient colors.
3. When they think they can drift and can't - especially when the ram you and then scream at you because they were pulling a "SYK DORIFTO!!"

!!!

4. Movies. Oh my GOD the MOVIES! Make it end! At least get some CAMERA ANGLES RIGHT! USE THAT VIEW SMOOTH BUTTON!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Begging for you to go on SO City Long just so they can drift - Not much else to say but SHADDUP!

So, I have no problem with the people who drift and do not do more than 2 of these things. Unless it's movies. The movies are just too much.

!!!!

So, anything else that annoys YOU in particular about "dorifto"-ers like this?
I'd have to add 'all about appearance' to that list. Seems most of the drifting culture revolves around the exact same thing as the 'ric3r' and 'tun3r' croud; Crappy ugly-ass bodykits, wings, etc.

Not to mention those damn red-smoke tires. The hell is that all about?

Not all drifters are bad tho, just the stereotypical ones, like in any group of people
And what's the point anyway going around corners in much more slower way and at the same time burn your tyres?

Quote from deggis :And what's the point anyway going around corners in much more slower way and at the same time burn your tyres?

ever heard of having fun?
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
lawl. need to keep my identity though, if I changed my name, who would know me! (AOL screenname when I was 9) XD

And I bought LFS, what more do you want? :P
-
Shall I post up my half-assed replays? XD I've tried, not the best. Cops n Robbers ftw.

EDIT:'least i'm not like the stereotypes in my list. :P

EDIT^2: I do admit, I like to slide around a bit in the XR's
Quote :LOL

Post by a NFS junkie no less.

Posted by a ship no less. :P
Quote from Vendetta :ever heard of having fun?

ever heard of jokes?
Quote from deggis :ever heard of jokes?

bah! i knew it was a joke just had to add my comment
doh, I got owned
-
Quote from Schooner :Crap. I just realized I posted in Off Topic.

I need to go wash my hands.

Muahahahhahaha, my plan has succeeded!
Quote from deggis :And what's the point anyway going around corners in much more slower way and at the same time burn your tyres?

whats the point of going round a corner as fast as possible while burning masses of precious fuel ?
Quote from Shotglass :whats the point of going round a corner as fast as possible while burning masses of precious fuel ?

It's fun
And oil companies likes it.
Quote from nfsjunkie91 :1. Dorifto. I hate the fact that they say that! Does this make them any cooler?! Agh!
2. Skins. Ridiculous amounts of logos slapped on top of a skin with some horrible gradient colors.
3. When they think they can drift and can't - especially when the ram you and then scream at you because they were pulling a "SYK DORIFTO!!"
4. Movies. Oh my GOD the MOVIES! Make it end! At least get some CAMERA ANGLES RIGHT! USE THAT VIEW SMOOTH BUTTON!
5. Begging for you to go on SO City Long just so they can drift - Not much else to say but SHADDUP!

So, I have no problem with the people who drift and do not do more than 2 of these things. Unless it's movies. The movies are just too much.

The thing is, you're bringing out the typical 13 year old stereotype LFS drifter who "drifts" just because drifting is "IN" currently. I also hate these kind of immature brats who think they are driving like a god but in reality they, if you mind me saying, suck. They can't spell, they can't drift, they can't design proper skins, and yet they (try to) brag with their DORIFTO SKILLZOR!

The drifting community has gone downhill in the past months, but things are looking better now that lfs-torque is back online and more experienced mature members are starting to show up online again. All you can do is get deeper in to the drifting community and see what the inside is like. These immature brats you have seen is just the outer shell that has to be crushed first to get to know the true mature drifting community.
Quote from nfsjunkie91 :2. Skins. Ridiculous amounts of logos slapped on top of a skin with some horrible gradient colors.

I got no problem with that. THats how the sport has grown with the the D1 cars having loads of sponsors and people just make drift skins like poeple make race skins. Personally though my one and only drift skin has no sponsors one at all. I dont seem to fit in those groups at all lol. I can drift but i know im no as good as the top guys. I dont make skins with loads of sponsors on. I dont call it dorifto (altho does calling it dori count) I hate south city to drift on too many walls and bumps lol. Oh and i cant make videos haha.
funny thread though, but i think there might be some people who come in here defending drifting and not get the joke lol.

Edit : Done it since i found lfs since bout nov last yr and will carry on doing it as long as 'dorifto' servers are up
About the skins, I just hate them when they lack all originality. Or the ones who think they can skin and do a "D1" in MSPaint. :P

See my examples below. Both skins are private I guess, especially the goooood drifter example, do not steal.
Attached images
Goooood drifter.jpg
Baaad drifter.jpg
The only thing that ever annoys me about drifters is that some drifters take the view that other drifters "aren't doing a proper drift".

For a motoring outcast to act snobbily toward another motoring outcast because they didn't do it wrong in the right way to me just seems mad.
Quote from Matrixi :The thing is, you're bringing out the typical 13 year old stereotype LFS drifter who "drifts" just because drifting is "IN" currently.

Hey hey hey, speak for yourself. I drift sometimes and I dont act like that. ;-)
Sorry, I was generalizing a bit too much.
Quote from nfsjunkie91 :About the skins, I just hate them when they lack all originality. Or the ones who think they can skin and do a "D1" in MSPaint. :P

See my examples below. Both skins are private I guess, especially the goooood drifter example, do not steal.

I so agree, the black one is rubbish. That white one however, damn that's got some class to it, nice job
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I so agree, the black one is rubbish. That white one however, damn that's got some class to it, nice job

XD
-
(noob4ever) DELETED by noob4ever
:dnfnoob:
In the real world, its funny how such a sport is so big when it was something I regularly did on the hilly roads in Western Wisconsin, driving my 1983 Oldmobile Cutlass with a 455 in it. I didnt call it drifting, I called it....fun! In some parts of Iowa thats the only way to drive fast on dirt roads.

That was 10-12 years ago.

Wonder if any of the LFS speed drift people could actually do it in real life?
These guys that mess around on racing servers ain't drifters,they just think they are.
*offtopic*
One thing that annoys me terribly is that most people don't know what is drifting and simply judge it by what it looks like... for most,drift is just going around a corner whit the rear wheel spinning, or get you car to go sideways somehow =S (ffs)

I can say drifting has became a sport of its own,and it IS something pretty complex,i just dream about a day that most people will realise how much skill is needed to accomplish certain drifts in certain situations, how hard it is to adapt your style to the situation, like in a tandem (twin) drift.
-
(Michael Denham) DELETED by Michael Denham
That's what I am talking about... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG