The online racing simulator
Microsoft Office 2010 Beta >FREE LEGAL DOWNLOAD<
Just got this in my email, dunno if it will apply to you, or even work for that matter. It's pretty much free Microsoft Office 2010 for you to "test" and "give feedback."

I'm wondering if participants get the full thing free or discounted, so I'm taking them up on the offer.

It's free Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, InfoPath, Excel (Woo ^_^), SharePoint, Workspace and OneNote.

Just from a five minute look around, OneNote looks pretty cool. I'll post pictures of it if you want, but I'm liking it so far. It's pretty much an organised electronic notes folder, so I'm going to try and put all my revision notes into it and see how it goes.

Anyway, if you want it, just click here.
Already Downloading. (btw, I just can compliment Microsoft's servers, I'm loading with 2mb/s)
Not gonna lie.

FILE TAB FTW (I did not like the office button)
I thought this had been out for a while already (the beta that is).

I needed Powerpoint for a presentation a couple of days ago so I downloaded it. Here's a tip- don't use H.264 compressed .mov files in your slides as they will crash Powerpoint We ended up using photo jpg compression and it seemed to work ok back here.

Didn't work on the school's computers though, did it?!
tell me if its worth it anybody......might download, probably not though haha
Quote from logitekg25 :tell me if its worth it anybody......might download, probably not though haha

Nobody can tell you if it is worth it. Your personal needs/usefulness with it would likely be quite different than the rest. Do you use a portion in any previous version of MS Office? (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc), or do you use a substitute, such as OpenOffice, to meet your needs? If so than trying the beta may be useful for you. If you don't use things like it, then it may not be worth it to you.
Nice! But be aware that the Beta will expire October 31st.
This beta lacks Microsoft Visio.
Using FTW .
Quote from Electrik Kar :I thought this had been out for a while already (the beta that is).

I needed Powerpoint for a presentation a couple of days ago so I downloaded it. Here's a tip- don't use H.264 compressed .mov files in your slides as they will crash Powerpoint We ended up using photo jpg compression and it seemed to work ok back here.

Didn't work on the school's computers though, did it?!

Yeah, I have this beta for like ages already, no idea why he posts it now as new or whatever...
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, I have this beta for like ages already, no idea why he posts it now as new or whatever...

"You" and "Everyone else" are 2 different things. For example, me and lots of people i know dont know about it.
Quote from hazaky :"You" and "Everyone else" are 2 different things. For example, me and lots of people i know dont know about it.

But that doesn't change the age of this product.
Quote from Bose321 :But that doesn't change the age of this product.

The OP didn't mention the age of this product
Quote from obsolum :The OP didn't mention the age of this product

And I didn't say he did.
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum : not worth it
But you implied that he posted it as a new product .
Ok ok - I confess. I thought it was new, but only because the email from Microsoft I got that same day implied it was a new revolutionary product. Oh well, hope that clears the matter up.
Quote from piggy501 :Ok ok - I confess. I thought it was new, but only because the email from Microsoft I got that same day implied it was a new revolutionary product. Oh well, hope that clears the matter up.

Quote from shaun463 :But you implied that he posted it as a new product .

Yes, and he says that here, so what are you talking about shaun?
I didn't try to imply it directly, but I was only typing what I understood from the lie- Sorry, email that Microsoft gave me.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Not gonna lie.

FILE TAB FTW (I did not like the office button)

but it still uses that bastardized version of the gui. i'll pass, and stick with office 2003.
il stick with the annoying word '07
I was already waiting for the Office 2010 beta when they first announced they would have a 2010 Office version.
So it has been there for quite a long time. There's just no problem about that though. They haven't announced it as far as I know. I found it while browsing the Microsoft beta page, a few months before the beta release. Then I got the TechNet email talking about the beta (I'm a subscriber) and downloaded it. I don't know how other people would get to know it though.

Anyway, it is awesome! I love it, and I use it a lot. I had the 2007 before, but the 2010 is so good I'm using it now. I don't actually see too much of a difference between both of them but 2010 seems better anyway. You can also change the colors of the office (as you could with the 2007).

I think Microsoft is great... they did let people use Windows 7 beta and RC for free for a very long time and at the same time, they gave them Office 2010 beta. It's like a complete, free legal PC with everything one would need for normal usage. They gave us the .iso to burn and the Office to use with it (along with windows and office serials), and we could just rip it and use as we wanted. Obviously, for a limited time. But that was great, and the "limited time" was pretty long.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG