The online racing simulator
How messed up did i really mess up?
(41 posts, started )
#26 - aoun
I researched it abit, ive got what they call "the perfect scratch".

People say toothpaste or soap, then rinse.. im not too sure bout that though..
Quote from Dajmin :I wouldn't want to risk it with the PS3 either. It takes a far smaller scratch to bugger a blu-ray than it does a DVD, because the data on the disc is in a much smaller physical space.

If in doubt, pull it out. That phrase will serve everyone well through life

The blu-rays are coated with Zircon, a substance almost as tough as diamond. Trust me, ALL of my blu-rays dont have a SINGLE scratch. I also bought a second hand game (they tend to be scratched to hell) and it didnt had any scratch either. So unless you hard scratch the disk with a screw driver, it won't scratch.
Quote from aoun :I researched it abit, ive got what they call "the perfect scratch".

Try it?
Im not quite sure, but toothpaste and ... what ... ?
In Xbox 'defense', it's also recomended not to move the PS3 too when the disk is inside, but i don't know what happens in that case..
Quote from Boris Lozac :In Xbox 'defense', it's also recomended not to move the PS3 too when the disk is inside, but i don't know what happens in that case..

Well, as far as i know CD/DVD/BLU-RAY cant go faulty when u move the console while its on because the laser obviously cant damage it. If something does damage the cd then its something else thats come loose or what not. So, if the cd gets damaged, u got a faulty console (am i right?).

With HDD's its the case not to move it while its on (also on external hdd's and laptops). Thatswhy also laptop HDD's go wrong all the time, theyr moving all the time and the needle is causing bad sectors on the drive.
Quote from aoun :I researched it abit, ive got what they call "the perfect scratch".

Yeah you messed up ,

Whats to loose? you said it doesnt read in the disctray so just try it?
Quote from lukelfs :Yeah you messed up ,

Whats to loose? you said it doesnt read in the disctray so just try it?

Yea lol, Or u could borrow a friends disc n install it onto the hard drive.. Your copy might still boot the installed game...
Quote from hazaky :Well, as far as i know CD/DVD/BLU-RAY cant go faulty when u move the console while its on because the laser obviously cant damage it. If something does damage the cd then its something else thats come loose or what not. So, if the cd gets damaged, u got a faulty console (am i right?).

With HDD's its the case not to move it while its on (also on external hdd's and laptops). Thatswhy also laptop HDD's go wrong all the time, theyr moving all the time and the needle is causing bad sectors on the drive.

I guess you can't damage the laser by doing that, it's probably the same as on xbox, meaning the BR disc would scratch, but as someone said, BR disks are extremely well protected against stuff like that. All of my disks look like brand new..
I have moved my PS3 with a disk in multiple times, it has never effected me before, unless maybe I'm having good luck for once
Quote from Sp33d Up :I have moved my PS3 with a disk in multiple times, it has never effected me before, unless maybe I'm having good luck for once

Good to hear.. i carried it a few times to friends house, and i removed the disks, just in case..
My Xbox moves from my room to the living room all the time since my roommate's a pain in the ass about it. Almost all the time it has a disc in it, but it always turned off (at least it better be) when being moved. I take great care of my games and have not found any scratches on them yet.

Not sure what to say except try taking it to a game rental store and see if they can send in your game with their next batch to get scratches removed.

As far as noises, I do believe the Xbox is just a hell of a noisy beast. I actually folded up an area rug and put the Xbox on top of it to reduce vibrations from the disc spinning before I learned how to install them.

If you install the game, the disc will spin for a short time while starting up, then goes quite for the rest of the time you're playing.
Quote from aoun :No, i understand its my problem..

Just very fustrating such an "elite" console can do this.

any console can do this, try it in a laptop or in a wii
#39 - JJ72
Just buy another disk, Forza is cheap as chips now, a lot of people are releasing brand new ones from the bundle version.

The toothpaste thingy....tried that and didn't work.
To be fair you didnt really mess up, you made a mistake that we are all capable of doing.
Ive moved my dvd player before and had the dvd fall out of the tray thankfully i somehow managed to move it back into the tray and retrieve it but that was just lucky.
If you got the disk out dw about it, laugh it off and call it a learning experience.

Also guessing that the dvd fell out you either turned it from horizontal to vertical or moved it while vertical which well you really walked into it :P
#41 - aoun
Quote from AstroBoy :To be fair you didnt really mess up, you made a mistake that we are all capable of doing.
Ive moved my dvd player before and had the dvd fall out of the tray thankfully i somehow managed to move it back into the tray and retrieve it but that was just lucky.
If you got the disk out dw about it, laugh it off and call it a learning experience.

Also guessing that the dvd fell out you either turned it from horizontal to vertical or moved it while vertical which well you really walked into it :P

Bingo!!!

Went back to the shops, i didnt want to complain or winge, i just got another disc $50aud thats how much it is then fair enough. It was at the same shop (eb games) and i explained the story for a laugh anyway to the guy behind the counter, and THEN he offers me 1 year warrenty on the disc if things like that happen.... ...for $3aud... they could have told me before hand!!!! Anyway, i got my video game, im happy, appreciate the info guys. If anyone plays FM3 and would like to race, nsaneGTR is my xbl tag. going to get UFC2010 soon

How messed up did i really mess up?
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG