The online racing simulator
#1 - Bean0
2010 FORMULA 1 TELEFÓNICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia)
2010 FORMULA 1 TELEFÓNICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia)

Fri 25 June 2010
Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 26 June 2010
Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00

Sun 27 June 2010
Race 14:00

All times local, UTC+2.

Race Date: 27 Jun 2010
Circuit Name: Valencia Street Circuit
Number of Laps: 57
Circuit Length: 5.419 km
Race Distance: 308.883 km
Lap Record: 1:38.683 - T Glock (2009)

Local Weather Forecast
Attached images
untitled.JPG
#2 - JJ72
Here it comes, one of the shit tracks we must endure once a season.
Last year wasnt too bad IMO.

Meh... Not setting high hopes for it so wont be disappointed or surprised when I nearly fall asleep.
according to BBC mclaren are worried about ferrari's latest update, in which case we could have a real battle with a lot of hard chargers on a street circuit. wouldn't surprise me if they all take themselves and each other off and either massa or button win
#5 - 5haz
Quote from tinvek :according to BBC mclaren are worried about ferrari's latest update

Based on something Pat Fry told them about?

Probrably going to be lots of frustration as the top bunch get stuck behind slower drivers (such as Michael Schumacher), at least one driver will collide with a backmarker (probrably Michael Schumacher).
apparently ferrari are the first team to get a version of the red bulls exhaust onto their car, whihc is supposed to be worth 0.5 secs a lap. basically all red bull had done is ressurect the "blown" diffuser from the 80s so people are now copying it. mclaren are planning to introduce it at silverstone. naturally at least one team will find it doesn't work as planned.

what will be interesting is which type of car is the most efficient at utilising it, it may be that the red bull's compramises forced on it by the low suspension and emphasis on upperbody downforce limit how much it gets out of the idea and the other teams are able to gain more. of course it may turn out that the red bull gets the maximum out of it already, and the other teams won't be able to achieve any better results with their layout
#7 - 5haz
Interesting, rather like this I suppose.
#8 - JCTK
Quote from tinvek :apparently ferrari are the first team to get a version of the red bulls exhaust onto their car, whihc is supposed to be worth 0.5 secs a lap. basically all red bull had done is ressurect the "blown" diffuser from the 80s so people are now copying it. mclaren are planning to introduce it at silverstone. naturally at least one team will find it doesn't work as planned.

what will be interesting is which type of car is the most efficient at utilising it, it may be that the red bull's compramises forced on it by the low suspension and emphasis on upperbody downforce limit how much it gets out of the idea and the other teams are able to gain more. of course it may turn out that the red bull gets the maximum out of it already, and the other teams won't be able to achieve any better results with their layout

Merc and someone else will also have it at Valencia.

I think the Ferrari one will work out as planned, heck, they've done plenty of mileage at a "filming day" already anyway.
Quote from 5haz :Interesting, rather like this I suppose.

thats the one renault introduced them first in 1983 then they fell out of favour ove rth eyears but appear to now be back. three problems with them are that they increase the already noticable pitch sensitivity of the diffuser so any pitch change can really screw with your grip, grip also alters radically between being on full throttle and being on trailing throttle. finally they can produce severe heat problems given the required routing of the exhaust.

given that ferrari etc are introducing this on a street circuit, it'll be interesting to see if they feel the second problem requires them to use the throttle to maintain grip whilst braking and what effects that may have on brake and engine temperature over a race distance, red bull of course having the advantage of using it from the start of the season.

i'd suspect it'll be hard to tell how efffective the ferrari solution is this weekend as low speed corner traction is already a strong point of their car and other teams were expecting them to be competative without the update.
Quote from 5haz :Interesting, rather like this I suppose.

Yeah, I uploaded that a while ago to show exactly this. Thought of posting it today but you got here first
Red bull looking strong, Mclaren lurking in the shadows?

FP3 times already faster then last years qualiy so it could be a true reflection.
Quote from Mustafur :FP3 times already faster then last years qualiy so it could be a true reflection.

Remember last year's quali was on race fuel.
Quote from J@tko :Remember last year's quali was on race fuel.

Faster then Q2 is what i meant.

Vettel FP3: 1:38.052

Barrichello(fastest in Q2) Q2 '09:1:38.076
Quote from Mustafur :Faster then Q2 is what i meant.

Vettel FP3: 1:38.052

Barrichello(fastest in Q2) Q2 '09:1:38.076

Aaaah ok.
any streams for qualiy?
Seems there holding back for Q1.
#17 - CSF
The BBC team can be bloody pig headed when they want to be. They heard Merc telling Schumacher he had no power steering, but use him only just getting through, and being 0.25 behind Rosberg as a basis to criticize again...
The battle for pole is extremely tight.
Vettel pole
Finaly vettel back on pole, hoped for some uber lap from kubica but that didnt happen..

nice to see that the both the williams cars have exact the same time
Red Bull in normal form as usual for them now.

Too bad Button and Hamilton made mistakes, they could of split the 2 bulls.

And Ferrari... Yeah...
#22 - JCTK
Quote from CSF :The BBC team can be bloody pig headed when they want to be. They heard Merc telling Schumacher he had no power steering, but use him only just getting through, and being 0.25 behind Rosberg as a basis to criticize again...

after what Michael did to Daimon Hill, I wouldn't blame the British to be harsh on Michael ever after...
Lawl at GP2. Anyone watching?
No, what happened?
Quote from JCTK :after what Michael did to Daimon Hill, I wouldn't blame the British to be harsh on Michael ever after...

Lets face it Brits hate the germans but most of all they hate brits.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG