The online racing simulator
Make a G27 shifter a stand alone device?
I've recently come across a G27 shifter in great condition, but of course, I do not have a wheel, and cannot get one for the time being, nor do I want one if there is no sequential stick option.

My original purpose for buying it was to make it a stand alone device either with a Bodnar box/cable, or splicing in a USB plug if possible. I now know that using a Bodnar box/cable is not possible out right as the plug on the ends of them are the same end.

Is there any way I can splice a USB plug onto it? I don't know anything about cables or wires, and am not willing to do anything unless I know I can achieve my goal first.

If splicing a USB plug isn't possible, would it be possible to put on a plug that matches the G25/G27 pedals? There are the same number of pins and I imagine it uses the same transfer method.

And one final question. I heard that the G25 and G27 shifters use either potentiometers, or axis (I forgot which) and there for need something like FFShifter to make it possible to use without the wheel. Anyone know if this is true?

Thanks for the read.
the difference between the shifter - pedal connectors is just male - female, isn't it? i'm sure you can still find a rs-232 m-to-f connector out there.
lol I looked up all these kinds of serial connectors, but I couldn't find one with a good enough illustration of one that matches these. Thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG