The online racing simulator
LFS world Ps3 Support
(20 posts, started )
LFS world Ps3 Support
Hi there.

Not really a bug but noticed with the Ps3 internet browser the icons such as online racee stats, news etc, don't seem to work. You click them but nothing happens.
Now you think "why not use a computer?" Well, all 3 of mine failed and i have always browsed via my Ps3 including these forums. Currently any money i earn is put towards my project car, my running car, budget for my own house and general fun stuff so getting it fixed certainly isn't high on my priorities list.
im not sure if the ps3 browser has all the required things that come with a standard browser on a computer that allow lfsworld to function.

other then that idk
Quote from logitekg25 :im not sure if the ps3 browser has all the required things that come with a standard browser on a computer that allow lfsworld to function.

other then that idk

It has flash and all the other features that a normal browser has and is more than capable of loading any media files. It's just not wanting to open the links hidden within the icons.
try clearing your cache and history..that might be the culprit..other then that im no website expert
Quote from logitekg25 :try clearing your cache and history..that might be the culprit..other then that im no website expert

Done but to no avail. Maybe this is one for victor to solve, if it's possible.
I know 'new technologies' (smartphones / consoles) are having trouble with lfsworld, but i'm not going to fix that in the current version. I hope to make a new lfsworld instead that will take advantage of new browser features and with a bit of luck it will have specific layouts for non-standard browsers. Don't count on this any time soon though.
I just wanted to let people know with this post that the current lfsworld is not about to change to make it work with these browsers on non-pc hardware.
Quote from Victor :I know 'new technologies' (smartphones / consoles) are having trouble with lfsworld, but i'm not going to fix that in the current version. I hope to make a new lfsworld instead that will take advantage of new browser features and with a bit of luck it will have specific layouts for non-standard browsers. Don't count on this any time soon though.
I just wanted to let people know with this post that the current lfsworld is not about to change to make it work with these browsers on non-pc hardware.

Fair enough. Im not sure why it won't load it, maybe a certain plug-in is missing. But if that is the case i'll just have to do without lfs world for this moment in time.
Because it's coded to accept double-clicks to open the windows - onDblClick="winActivate ('live_alert');", which is a bit silly on Victor's part (though I guess back in the day there were no PS3s :razz. I can't open anything on my N95 as it can't double click, meaning lfsw excludes a few % of its userbase I assume, but unless all the inline javascript is removed and detection of mobiles/PS3s is put in then it can't happen.
Simple (temp) fix would be to detect if it's a mobile browser, and change dblclick to onclick... that's relatively simple I suppose.
So it's the Ps3 not having a double click feature implemented that is stopping me viewing the website. Would a USB mouse get round this flaw or am i stuck without LFS untill Victor revamps the site?
Could be, but it could also be flawed Javascript support on the PS3 browser. It's usually pretty good, but who knows.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Could be, but it could also be flawed Javascript support on the PS3 browser. It's usually pretty good, but who knows.

Could also be that. Unfortunately Sony arn't contempt on updating the browser as it has had the same features for over 2 years now. The only way to view the links inside the icons is for me to click on a direct link. So anyone providing the links for me to bookmark would be massivly thanked since it's clear Victor isn't going to update it.
might as well try a usb mouse..they are extremely common, so you can probably pull one out of somewhere
Thank you morpha, your help is appreciated. And to logitek, tried and sadly does not work.
Quote from Victor :... I hope to make a new lfsworld ...

Delicious idea indeed.

But, wouldnt it be awesome if everything was pretty much integrated to one site?

A site with a header that looks something like this ...

Edit: By "one site" i mean, if u go from market to forum then the site actually stays the same and so does the interface etc.
Quote from Victor :I know 'new technologies' (smartphones / consoles) are having trouble with lfsworld, but i'm not going to fix that in the current version. I hope to make a new lfsworld instead that will take advantage of new browser features and with a bit of luck it will have specific layouts for non-standard browsers. Don't count on this any time soon though.

how about making an LFSWorld iPhone/iPod app for £0.59 i'd Buy it.
An Ps3 is a computer. Anything that can do the following

perform calculations automatically

receive input, stores and manipulates data, and provides output in a useful format.

Is considered a computer. Also vic I can't wait for the new LFS World if there is going to be one!

LFS world Ps3 Support
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG