The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
yeah, like fake titties, but for cars.
I had Rota wheels on my S2000 for a few thousand km. No issues.

There's also a guy on the s2ki forum who tracks his S2000 all the time, he's using Rota's aswell. No issues.

I think they have a far worse reputation than they deserve.

"Fake Rota's" sounds weird to me aswell tho... they are cheap wheels already (they basically copy all the expensive designs from Work, etc).
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That's because they were fakes.

Fake Rotas are notorious for snapping spokes.

um... Rotas are fakes.

Rota steal designs from real wheel manufacturers and produce inferior designs with inferior products in mass production factories in the Philippines.
Quote from jibber :I had Rota wheels on my S2000 for a few thousand km. No issues.

There's also a guy on the s2ki forum who tracks his S2000 all the time, he's using Rota's aswell. No issues.

I think they have a far worse reputation than they deserve.

"Fake Rota's" sounds weird to me aswell tho... they are cheap wheels already (they basically copy all the expensive designs from Work, etc).

so? just because they dont explode on EVERY car doesn't mean they dont some times, and "some times" is enough for me.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That's because they were fakes.

Fake Rotas are notorious for snapping spokes.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

*takes breath*

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

but srsly if you're looking for bombed wheels on a aboriginal type budget they're awesome
so, if you buy cheap, you get cheap.
Quote from nisskid :so? just because they dont explode on EVERY car doesn't mean they dont some times, and "some times" is enough for me.

but that's the risk you take. it's also the reason why there's warranties to cover such events.
everything fails at some stage. people have bad experiences with all kinds of products. imo, this is what breeds fanboyism (which is a good thing).
i've found that when i'm buying something, i like to read the bad customer reviews on a certain product. all the happy customer reviews are all the same and don't help as much as a customer who got a faulty product.
Quote from nisskid :um... Rotas are fakes.

Rota steal designs from real wheel manufacturers and produce inferior designs with inferior products in mass production factories in the Philippines.

Oh I see! My bad then. I just remember people talking about Rotas and "Fake Rotas" on other Forums, so assumed Rota was a genuine company, to which there was also a fake company passing around cheap knock offs.

Quote from Klutch :HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

*takes breath*

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

I know how you've been waiting for me to slip up for a long time so you could try and laugh at me, but that wasn't exactly a huge mistake on my behalf.

Just shows your Maturity, or lack of shall I say?
Quote from Klutch :but srsly if you're looking for bombed wheels on a aboriginal type budget they're awesome

lol, id rather continue to buy good 2nd hand wheels cheaper than what rota's cost brand new.
yea but 2nd hand rotas are even cheaper! :P
Quote from dadge :but that's the risk you take. it's also the reason why there's warranties to cover such events.
everything fails at some stage. people have bad experiences with all kinds of products. imo, this is what breeds fanboyism (which is a good thing).
i've found that when i'm buying something, i like to read the bad customer reviews on a certain product. all the happy customer reviews are all the same and don't help as much as a customer who got a faulty product.

warranties do not cover track use, they do not cover your car smashing into a wall, and they do not cover ur back when it wraps around a tree.
or to summerize, warranties do not cover idiocy. but if your car crashed into a tree due to one of the wheels failing, then you'll find that the warrenty would cover that.
to be honest, i think you missed the point buddy.

In all seriousness, I'd think rotas to be fine for street use, wouldn't be end of the world scraping some curbs with them compared to some authentic 3k euro work wheels. For track and serious time attacks, I'm not so sure though. I would propably bolt the OEM wheels back on at the track.
And on the subject of white car / white wheels / rotas are teh suck...

Do. Want.
Quote from Matrixi :

Got to love how somebody has gone and got a T-shirt made that isn't even grammatically correct :doh:
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from JO53PHS :Got to love how somebody has gone and got a T-shirt made that isn't even grammatically correct :doh:

Friend's. Oh lawdy, that is awful.
Quote from Jakg :And on the subject of white car / white wheels / rotas are teh suck...

Do. Want.

those are te37's not rotas....
Pretty sure he did not say they were Rotas?

He is just posting an example of how good white wheels on a white car can look.
Quote from Klutch :those are te37's not rotas....

I thought they were Rota Grid Drifts?
Quote from Jakg :And on the subject of white car / white wheels / rotas are teh suck...

Do. Want.

They look like Rota's to me aswell.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I did my first real power oversteer slide in my car while driving through a sharp bend. Very funny! And then i wanted more, i went to a grass field and kind of destroyed the whole field, and i got stuck.
i love stripping cars lol

Your car will never be this low.

Obligatory thumbs up
Had some fun on a nice little field infront of my house, i can tell you LFS helped certanly helped me to know how to do slides.

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG