The online racing simulator
Mouse Pointer
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Resu
Mouse Pointer
Hi, first of all i know there are some post in the technical assistance about this, but.... if this is happening to more people then me, i guess something should be done because this really gets on our nerves... my problem is that the mouse pointer just disapear when i change lfs into full screen mode. Let me try to explain a bit better. In my old PC the mouse pointer just flickered i could see where it was if i moved the mouse slowly, so it didnt represent that much of a problem I used to run a P4 with an ATI 9600Pro with win XP pro. In my new pc, a laptop I5, win 7, with a ATI HD 5470, i have 2 options, i put every settings to low, and i barely see the mouse (still a pain in the ass), or if i max out the graphics settings the mouse pointer completely disappear. The only thing i can do whenever i want to use the mouse is to Press shift+f4 to change into windowed mode (no problem with the mouse like that), and then switch back to fullscreen again. However with my old computer i tryed out for some time a Nvidea card for a couple of month and i had no problem with the mouse pointer.

So is it just me or lfs just hates ATI cards? lol

I hope to see a DEVs response to this, because there was no proper response on any of the other posts that were about this, and they date 2008.
You can press N on the keyboard until you see 'Connections List', then your mouse should reappear.
#3 - amp88
Shift+Z toggles between "Show mouse" and "Hide mouse" modes. In "show mouse" mode the mouse pointer becomes visible when you move the mouse and then goes back to hidden when the mouse has been inactive for a brief period.

edit: It's mentioned in the Interface sestion of this post and in the Keys page in LFS Manual.
#4 - Resu
lol tks for the answers, but what i want is some proper ones i play lfs for some years now, so i think i know the keys. as i said the problem is a bit more complex then that. i can only see the mouse in windowed mode, even in the main menu....
-
(AntoGT) DELETED by AntoGT : Solved
#5 - Racon
I've just had this issue with a new install, so am posting the solution here not for you Resu - I'm sure you've got it sorted in the 6 years you've been waiting - but 'cause I found this thread from a google search and the solution is deleted, *sigh*.

It's mouse trails, turn off mouse trails in control panel and the cursor/keys then work exactly as stated in the manual.

Mouse Pointer
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG