The online racing simulator
Tbh, I would love Hamilton to join RBR, teammate with Vettel. Like you said, his lifestyle would fit, yeah, it would fit perfect. The way they do stuff a bit more "funny" plus being serious about racing, while mclaren, carrying all the history only act serious and boring. +1 about Hammy to RBR
I like Hamilton (and Button) being at McLaren as means can support them all in on big lump but I don't think anyone would blame him for leaving if he does. Though in saying that things can turn around quickly in F1 so there isn't any reason McLaren couldn't be a dog this year and 0.5 secs a lap quicker than everyone next year.
Mclaren just need to get their act together. They should be leading the way after last seasons developments and their knowledge of KERS. It's like a completely different team of people designed this car, with no access to last years data. Hamilton should stay at Mclaren, and probably will. It's worth noting that he has a new manager, so they might be trying to create rumours for his next contract negotiations.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Mclaren just need to get their act together. They should be leading the way after last seasons developments and their knowledge of KERS. It's like a completely different team of people designed this car, with no access to last years data. Hamilton should stay at Mclaren, and probably will. It's worth noting that he has a new manager, so they might be trying to create rumours for his next contract negotiations.

Yeah I agree, they really should. Mclaren are always on a bit of a cycle, for the past few years they've had a great year then a shite year. I once read somewhere that Mclaren essentially have 2 teams working alternate years, but almost certainly that would have been fixed by now if that was the issue.

I also do agree that Hamilton should stay with Mclaren, through loyalty more than anything else. I mean, they supported him ever since he was a little kid, and without them there is a big possibility that he would be nowhere by now. Anyway, Mclaren are always going to be a top team, he could go to Red Bull and they turn into absolute shit, I mean Newey has a sort of reputation for getting bored and going off to design boats or something. There is also the possibility of Ferrari, but I kinda get the impression that Hamilton thrives from having a competitive team-mate, so I'm not sure the Ferrari 1 driver mentality would suit him very much.
interesting what's beginning to emerge as the pitlane concensus on what they are attempting to do with their exhaust, quite ingenious to have the 2 exhausts allowed exiting into a ceramic box with what appears to be a veritable church organ of exit pipes at various points under the car, no wonder it's taking time to perfect (and spot ) but i imagine the theoretical advantage must be large to justify the effort.

given that it looks like the L J sidepods are intended to give them a lot less drag down the straights, i'd assume the exhaust must have the potential to generate a lot of grip to counter balance the loss in downforce from the sidepod shape.
Yeah, I for one cannot wait till it starts on saturday, good luck to all involved
Yep, good luck watching F1 on Saturday.
valuable information:

With the Australian Grand Prix less than two weeks away, now is a good time to reflect on the leading teams’ performances in testing and, from this, to predict who will make a strong start to the 2011 season.

Clearly all eyes are on last year’s champions, Red Bull Lotus, and the team haven’t disappointed as they looked fast in testing, but also slow as they might be running heavy, or perhaps not.

The Milton Keynes-based team certainly can’t afford to relax given the times set by their old adversary, Ferrari Lotus, who showed some mixed pace in testing but are certain to be quick, or not quick, or a mixture of both.

That’s more than can be said for the struggling McLaren Lotus MP4-26 which was not nearly as fast as expected whilst certainly far from as slow as feared. Likewise, the Mercedes Lotus has shown surprising speed in testing but will this translate into convincing race pace? The answer is almost certainly uncertain.

Rounding up the front and mid-field contenders, Williams Lotus have been looking convincingly unconvincing to convince, Sauber Lotus are certainly on the off-pace, Torro Lotus Rosso have a long way to go if they want to stop being as fast as they aren’t, and Lotus Renault Lotus Lotus cannot be discounted from being ignored for places on the front 10 or so rows. Maybe.

All of which poses the question, based on the testing performances we have seen so far, who will win in Australia? The answer, clearly, is someone.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2011/03 ... sive-f1-testing-analysis/
Quote from Hyperactive :Words of wisdom from mr E himself:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89976

Never been fan of the new engines either, for various reasons.

What is it with the guy who is news casting the Vettel contract development at redbull on that link there on the autosport.tv.

HE sounds like a Brummie who doesn't understand the concept of news reading, ending every sentence unsually high every damn time.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :E: Also, a list of the regulations considered but rejected by the FIA for 2011: http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/12 ... -f1-rule-changes-in-full/
  • Stefano Domenicali limited to 50 appearances on BBC F1 coverage per season.
    So we will only see him once at one race? And he will get cut off half way through the Italian GP for going over his limit.
  • Karun Chandhok to be re-classified as a ‘removable device’.
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
  • Eddie Jordan limited to 900 tons of bullshit per season.
    But, then he will only be able to talk for one second! Oh, that's a BRILLIANT idea!
  • Bernd Maylander in a Mercedes SLS to be recognised as an official world championship entry.
    I think he lead the most laps in some races.
Markings for the Tyre Compouds

Rain - orange
Intermediate - cyan
Supersoft - red
Soft - yellow
Medium - white
Hard - silver

imo very bad choice of colors, especially grey & white. gonna be hard to distinguish them when cars are driving at topspeed
well, actually same goes for red, orange and yellow... very bad choice
Looks like we're set for some confusions between medium and hard...

Quote from reason0809 :well, actually same goes for red, orange and yellow...

Doesn't really matter on that point, orange is a (full) wet tyre, red and yellow are dry tyres.

Chances that we are gonna have some people with orange and others with yellow(or red) on track at the same time are almost null.
Medium and hards won't be taken to the same race.
It's a more subtle idea than the luminous green stripes that Bridgestone got slack about painting properly.
Quote from reason0809 :Markings for the Tyre Compouds
Rain - orange
Intermediate - cyan
Supersoft - red
Soft - yellow
Medium - white
Hard - silver

imo very bad choice of colors, especially grey & white. gonna be hard to distinguish them when cars are driving at topspeed
well, actually same goes for red, orange and yellow... very bad choice

I still think it's very smart and doesn't have to make us put up with those stupid stripes on the sidewalls (petty details but does add some racing character like only plain black slicks can).
There has to be a two compound gap between dry tyres taken to a race, so that means no white and silver at the same race
Quote from reason0809 :

Rain - orange
Intermediate - cyan
Supersoft - red
Soft - yellow
Medium - white
Hard - silver

imo very bad choice of colors, especially grey & white.

Huh? Where has the silver gone?

xD

Again, Bernie wants to scrap something(New engines, new teams, etc.) and comes up with BS(Artificial rain WTF, medals, etc.), and now Todt has gotten that virus too(Assigned numbers), how much more retarded and dense can one get?

At least the tyre marking doesn't look bad...
I agree with everyone else, better idea than the green stripes. Though why o why can't they curve the pirelli logo too
i forgot about the tyre rules, so okay, the choice of the colors is good then

Quote from Swiss-Spirit :
Again, Bernie wants to scrap something(New engines, new teams, etc.) and comes up with BS(Artificial rain WTF, medals, etc.), and now Todt has gotten that virus too(Assigned numbers), how much more retarded and dense can one get?

+ 47908267
Quote from Greboth :I agree with everyone else, better idea than the green stripes. Though why o why can't they curve the pirelli logo too

I thought it was just me that it was bugging the hell out of. It just seems so subtly stupid to have it like that. Pirelli have been making, and curving their logo's around tyres for years. Guess they wanted to be a little different from the rest of the tyre companies.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Huh? Where has the silver gone?

xD

At least the tyre marking doesn't look bad...

Hes point makes sence, he wants to scrap the new 2013 engine idea due to the fact the engine doesn't rev enough, which high revving engines have been a Trademark of F1 for a very long time now.
Quote from BlueFlame :I thought it was just me that it was bugging the hell out of. It just seems so subtly stupid to have it like that. Pirelli have been making, and curving their logo's around tyres for years. Guess they wanted to be a little different from the rest of the tyre companies.

Guess they wanted to look special(Stupid IMO) to everyone. Not all changes are for the better.

And about the engines, well, I guess I'll watch that sh*t anyway

Even if they drove shopping trolleys with an engine and rear-aswell as front wing.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG