The online racing simulator
Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
#176 - Zay
Should be up on tuesday, well, atleast it SHOULD be. Dont trust it though, sony has said twice it would be up, and both those times it wasnt, so we can only hope>:l
Quote from TehPaws3D :Old dog needs to learn some new tricks.

Cuban Sandwich? Philly Cheesesteak? Grilled Cheese? Ham, Turkey, and Cheese? PB&J? Reuban sandwich?

If you have moved on from all sandwiches, then...

Hotdog? Corndog? Quesadilla? Fajita? Fish & Chips?
Quote from PMD9409 :Cuban Sandwich? Philly Cheesesteak? Grilled Cheese? Ham, Turkey, and Cheese? PB&J? Reuban sandwich?

If you have moved on from all sandwiches, then...

Hotdog? Corndog? Quesadilla? Fajita? Fish & Chips?

**** it, a manwich.
So anyone got any news?

Sony are ****ing idiots.
"Countires"? Looks legit.
Oh wow.. Simply no words to describe that.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :"Countires"? Looks legit.

They're handouts from the Sony press conference thing that went on yesterday, it's legit. Big companies can make mistakes, you know, like losing millions of peoples personal data. A typing mistake isn't outrageous compared to that.
Quote from DeKo :

Sony are ****ing idiots.

Sony are human and make mistakes like everyone else.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sony are human and make mistakes like everyone else.

A small child is more than capable of securing miilions of peoples details better than Sony.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sony are human and make mistakes like everyone else.

I'm not denying that, at all, but when you fuck up as much as Sony have fucked up, you deserve to get called a bunch of idiots.
Sony have been very honest and professional IMO, much more so than many of the hundreds of thousands of other companies which have misplaced our data. They have been open with their userbase and even provided tips and "FAQs" as it where about what to do in the future to keep your data secure.

They're certainly more helpful so than our own Government when some hapless employee leaves an unencrypted laptop on a train, they don't even say what sort of data or who, or what to do...

Give Sony a break.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sony have been very honest and professional IMO, much more so than many of the hundreds of thousands of other companies which have misplaced our data. They have been open with their userbase and even provided tips and "FAQs" as it where about what to do in the future to keep your data secure.

They're certainly more helpful so than our own Government when some hapless employee leaves an unencrypted laptop on a train, they don't even say what sort of data or who, or what to do...

Give Sony a break.

The leak happened in February, they pulled down PSN in late April and didn't tell anybody anything about why it was down for another week, doesn't scream 'honesty' to me.

Anyway, why should I give them a break? Just because there is a precedent for misplacing information doesn't mean it's okay to do it. They ****ed up, they deserve to be held accountable for it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Give Sony a break.

I'm sorry but when a big company who you have enough trust in to be able to enter your credit card details without thinking twice have managed to have MILLIONS of peoples credit/debit card details lost in the hands of who.. not even Sony know who.

I will certainly not be giving Sony a break.
Credit card details were encrypted and yes, while encrypted could mean "has a password of 'cheese' " or has Rijndael/Twofish/Serpent or whatever "serious" encryption...it's very unlikely the card data is in a readable format unless your card number is 7FDE82FHVnGHkkJ28 and your name is 8DSHkj721GsU79, who lives at 28jhSDHfj7u28, 384HdsjSds, RE345r44jj, 34DFdjkl, EGHGh 5jHDFS.

Our own government has lost data of equal (more?) value/importance so why are you hating on them? Cards can be cancelled over the phone and new ones sent out within a few days. Where as your national security number, account numbers (if you are on benefits of some sort of have recieved tax credits or a tax refund), and address are not so easily changable.

I understand your reasoning behind hating Sony so much and what not but honestly...there are worse evils commited by companies who couldn't give half a shit.

Quote from DeKo :The leak happened in February, they pulled down PSN in late April and didn't tell anybody anything about why it was down for another week, doesn't scream 'honesty' to me.

Anyway, why should I give them a break? Just because there is a precedent for misplacing information doesn't mean it's okay to do it. They ****ed up, they deserve to be held accountable for it.

They could have continue to keep their mouths shut but they've been honest and what's more they've taken responsibility and taken the initiative on how to improve. Tell me another company which has done that? Would be hard pressed.
Wouldn't have been any different if they told us then. Everyone would have just **** their pants in panic, then resorted to bash them and threaten to move to open-pocket Microsoft.

Mistakes happen, move on.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Credit card details were encrypted and yes, while encrypted could mean "has a password of 'cheese' " or has Rijndael/Twofish/Serpent or whatever "serious" encryption...it's very unlikely the card data is in a readable format unless your card number is 7FDE82FHVnGHkkJ28 and your name is 8DSHkj721GsU79, who lives at 28jhSDHfj7u28, 384HdsjSds, RE345r44jj, 34DFdjkl, EGHGh 5jHDFS.

Thank you... I will now start to fix sammies for the intelligent ones.

(And a Philly Cheesesteak for PMD cause he.. well.. Learned a new trick!
Mmmmmmmm I really want one now, I think I'll get one tomorrow for lunch.

And Jamie, that is my card number.
Quote from Sony’s Response to the U.S. House of Representatives :We discovered that the intruders had planted a file on one of our Sony Online Entertainment servers named “Anonymous” with the words “We are Legion."

Gee.
I dont usually do this, but:

Sony are a bunch of ****ing idiots.

They dont deserve to be called anything less than that, and there is no justification for the way they have handled things. They also are going to "compensate" with free psn+, as if that made up for their royal mess up...
So they are idiots and not the geeks that did the hacking?
Quote from Boris Lozac :So they are idiots and not the geeks that did the hacking?

?

"Anon" doesn't mean anything. It's not a group. You can't trace someone because they claim to be "part" of "anon". Anon don't do shit - people who call themselves anon do.

On the other hand, I don't think that "anon" actually did this. Or at least, while I can imagine they may wish to DDoS and generally "**** shit up" to show their anger at Sony for their various misdemeanors, I can imagine a lot more serious interest would be taken by other groups if they knew 100m of unencrypted details were up for grabs, and a further 100m of credit card details if they put the work in...

Although the idea of someone covertly planting a file on their computer system is deliciously ironic after the Sony rootkit incident...

Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG