The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
That VX220 is lovely!
cheers lads, ive had mixed reviews but i think for track its fine. im going to take it all off when not going to track then it will look like this

Eh, picking it on and off is a lot of work (depending on how often you track it).
I'd rather just keep it on, unless you're really worried about drag
Out of interest Chris, is the splitter a universal item, or a VX specific one? Does it add anything real to the aero profile, or just look cool (not flaming).
Quote from Jakg :Out of interest Chris, is the splitter a universal item, or a VX specific one? Does it add anything real to the aero profile, or just look cool (not flaming).

Quote from Bawbag :Does it actually make a difference?

It does go kinda well with the black splitter, but still a bit big for my liking.

Quote from R3DMAN :
it does actaully work yes, both the front and rear work quite well.

Quote from Bawbag :You MG is only 3 clyinder?

50% more.. and 50% of 4 is 2, 4+2=6. therefor it has 4.
Sorry, for some reason I thought he said double...

We had sun in Scotland today.
Quote from R3DMAN :cheers lads, ive had mixed reviews but i think for track its fine. im going to take it all off when not going to track then it will look like this

it looks like a Lotus.

oh wait.
Keep the spoiler on, it looks so damn evil with it on.
i made the splitter jak, took a day or two.
yup thats right, pretty much identical underneath, just a different body shell..
I thought it was sarcasm? ^^

Out of interest what did you use to make the splitter?
Quote from Bean0 :The VX220 is a Lotus Elise underneath

Obvious sarcasm clearly not obvious enough...
sheet of ali
sheet of 9mm ply
bolts
washers
nuts
vinyl
The splitters made of wood?!
yes jak wood, its very common, why spend £100's on a carbon/plastic one when a sheet of ply is £9 and could make 2.

also does the job perfectly well.
Unless you're Jeremy Clarkson and don't pay attention to placement and / or hot dripping oil and it catches on fire :P

Yeah, wood [was] very common for making wings and the sorts. Back in the day it was the cheapest material a lot of people could buy, and there are super light woods like Balsa. Sure it would shred if it ever hit anything, but hey.. that's why you spent $3 on wood instead of $50 on metal that would do the same.
in the front of the vx there is a 2 radiators full of water a battery, water bottle an ABS pump and a heater... nothing is going to catch fire here.
today i got something on my car which gave me 50+ hp and it only weighed 8 oz pics later
Furry dice?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG