The online racing simulator
AI safеty car
(7 posts, started )

Poll : Do I need the LFS safety car?

yes
no
AI safеty car
Hi. I appeal to developers of LFS. As everyone knows in the championships of the often use of "safety car" for which sits a real pilot. Why not program the AI? The trajectory of the routes he knows, give him a certain speed and trajectory of the entrance to the boxes and place of the parking lot. The idea is implemented. The only question is what are these cars will be? The skins and the same has not prevented to them.
It is already possible to use AIs as Safety Cars. Give it a set with very short gears, in order to make it keep a slow pace. Type /ai when you want to deploy it. Give it a drive through when you want it to pull into the pits, then spectate it(can't recall of the exact commands for these).
I forgot that AI can used the pit-stop. And in the settings of the server to build a team, car security - yes; no.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Give it a drive through when you want it to pull into the pits, then spectate it(can't recall of the exact commands for these).

To add:
Drive through penalty: /p_dt (ai name)
Spectate: /spec (ai name)
Since the AI mostly follows the racing line, best to turn on racing line (4) to see where it's heading
Interesting. And if someone is ahead of the Safety Car? I believe that the pilot will give a penalty and go one heating lap. But such a command like does not exist for AI.
In most racing series it works like this: The race leader is supposed to stay behind the safety car, other racers are free to overtake it. When the leader catches up with the SC, he stays behind it and the rest of the grid will line up behind him. I don't think you need any extra logic to handle that as long as there is an admin or InSim app checking that no overtaking takes place when the SC is deployed.
But still there are people that would violate these rules. For example some sort of a beginner. Although these people do not allow for the championship, but for all of the track is not possible.

AI safеty car
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG