Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT - unable to update to latest drivers
Hey all!

As I'm not very smart in PC stuff etc., I thought you might help me. Anyway, I have a problem updating to the latest drivers for my video card. I have been doing this before and it has always worked out fine and everything worked, but not this time.
This is the driver I need: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-285.58-whql-driver.html

Basically, it starts the installation, installs all the stuff needed and when it's supposed to finish, it brings up an Error saying that none of the files or drivers have been installed. That everything failed etc. Also asks me to restart PC and try again, which doesn't help anything at all.
Also, the drivers I used before since January up to yesterday started doing the same. I was not able to install the previous drivers back that I used for 10 months without any problems. It also bring same error message etc.

I've read many things on forum about these issues, nothing really helped, I've probably skipped something and might be doing this wrong, although I'm doing it in the same way as always.

Although I was lucky, and for some reason (which I don't know) I still had 3 years old drivers installation on my PC. The best part of this is, that I installed them and it worked, so I can use my PC properly, but I want to update to latest stuff and not use 3 year old drivers.

Maybe someone can help?

If you didn't understand what I said, just ask and I'll try to answer in a better way!
It's time to reinstall Windows.

..tried using some random 'full driver removal' tool like DriverCleaner?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG