The online racing simulator
Legend of Grimrock
(10 posts, started )
Legend of Grimrock
Anyone playing Legend of Grimrock?

http://www.grimrock.net/

I stumbled over this game recently- basically it's a return to the old D&D dungeon crawler formula which was so popular in the 90s (Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder series, etc). This new game recreates the spirit and feel of those earlier games incredibly well while updating for current technology. It's quite amazing.

Anyway, having a blast with Grimrock. Anyone else remember and love these old games and are enjoying Legend of Grimrock?
Not really my type of game, but will definately get it when it goes on sale at steam, just to support the finnish devs if nothing else.
It is awesome. But then, I grew up with Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master, so in addition to it being and awesome game, it gives me sweet nostalgia feelings.
#4 - Mysho
Funny how indie games are far better than some EA shit.
Loving it so far, even if I am stuck on the second floor for now

I love games like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder, I'm admittedly playing on easy till I do a normal and hard runthrough, but so far it's rock stable and very, very fun
It is very good.

I approve. Definitely worth the price for older gamers who loved Eye of Beholder etc. or younger gamers who want a taste of the glory days.
#7 - JJ72
the only thing that gets me is how vague the hit detection seems, if only there's a more pronounced effect when you get hit.
Am I missing something on floor two?
Quote from Mysho :Funny how indie games are far better than some EA shit.

Oh i could write books about it from my latest experience. /ot
Some of the puzzles are pretty intense. I don't think I've managed to open any of the iron doors yet and I'm sure I've missed out on a few choice items (can even see some of them, but they've been out of reach). Just making it through the levels themselves is challenging enough... knowing you're leaving behind valuable loot as you progress is a bit frustrating (I absolutely want to avoid spoilers or walkthroughs of any kind- second playthrough for sure!).

Legend of Grimrock
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG