LFS carsound expansion
(267 posts, started )
Well its something inovative at least.The sound its nothing about to say WOW(some samples are overdone some doesnt suit like UF sound - is that really famous Trabant? ) but I think at least some step forward and I welcome it.I bet it will be developed as well.
It might be based on the outsim output which will provide info to external program which will run those samples.Its just my assumption.
Hope the soon will be real soon
I question
By the looks of it.

I don't really think Jacek is the developer of this so called Car sound expansion.

A few factors came to mind.

Jacek
S2 licensed

1 post and joined in January of 03....

Hmm.. Typically a person whom is creating a add-on would have some sort of posting history...

2. Why such lose and no detailed info related to the video or about it.

3. Why hasn't he/she replied to any questions ask upon this.

4. File Name "live3is_carsound3.wmv" I wonder, why is there a "3" at the end. Is this a series of videos to come? Has this video been edited 3 times by 3 video editing tools?

5. In the video theres a few frame skips of at-least 2 frames every few seconds. Since the movie is at a 29fps if there was a video skip, so should be a sound skip.

Now I may be wrong on a few facts, but facts 1, 2 and 3 pose really valid questions.
you have 5 posts so whats your point?

it doesn't matter how many posts you make
I would rather say, a join date of Jan 2003 makes him more believable than for example one of Jun 2006.

And it looks like Norbi also has sth to do with it. That should be enough to make it believable.
Atleast the videos I have done hold my credit to account in the development of a video... go figure
no.. dude, seriously whats your point?

a video is a video; programming is a whole different ballgame, it takes way longer..

especially when in the middle of test patches
I think his point is that there are some things that show this could be a fake.

I hope its not a fake, but if it is, it was well done. Either way, I'm impressed.
Are We There Yet?
Geez
My friends, don't worry. Jacek is preparing the samples (cause yes, it's gonna be sampled like any other racing game except LFS), and making promo videos, while Prezsi does the programming stuff, and I can't read the forum all day to answer every questions that mostly starts with "when". Anyway it works with outgauge and outsim, and it will be editable by xml files. So be patient cause good work takes time, and Prezsi want it to be really good, and you will like it I'm sure. Actually I always knew it's hard to give an estimate for something to be released, but you only understand it fully when you are actually involed in the making of something, so sorry. But I guess it will be out before S3
lol, before S3 O.o
So a few months to the release and then about a year of patching to get it really working like it should when released. That's how the professionals in the business do it.

But if it will really sound like in the trailer then it's definitely worth the wait.
lets get the sounds for xrt,rac+++:P
bump
#90 - Jakg
Quote from Gavin UK :bump

thats useful, its done when its done, no amount of "bumping" gets it made any quicker
Actually, the bump was helpful, I'd missed this before that. They sound great, but I'm not sure if I want to give up the generated sounds. I will definitely be giving it a try though :bg:
cant stop watching this video. the FOX sounds awesome
/me waiting
"coming soon" ... what does it mean exactly? :cookiemon
"coming Soon"
Yeah, I think that was what got most people into a tizzy

Might have been a mistake to say that. Given the rabid enthusiasm of LFSers :something

myself included...
I think 'The Pits' started something with their 'soon.' Now everyone's 'soon' seems to take a long time
Quote from 96 GTS :Actually, the bump was helpful, I'd missed this before that. :bg:

thank you!
the uh... word "soon" has a different deffinition here at the LFS forum i guess maggot
Nice sounds, hope they get here REAL soon =P
Quote from XCNuse :the uh... word "soon" has a different deffinition here at the LFS forum i guess maggot

I'm beginning to think it means the same thing as it does on the Pits.

LFS carsound expansion
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG