The online racing simulator
team name confusions?
(15 posts, started )
team name confusions?
someone has just popped into my mates server while i was in there and sais "you have stolen my team name" we say no we havent but there name is (ed)*censored* and ours is *the euro symbal and drifters after it"

(ed) = eurodrifters
*E*dritters =eurodrifters

ok it means the same thing but it looks different

does it matter is there any aggreement stating you cant have a name that means the same?

i dont want anybody to start having an arguement over this so please keep replies to a minimun and reply only if it concerns you

thank you

and no we didnt steal it

hahahah guess what pictures will be coming back and its getting copyrighted
there is freedom unless you have registred your team name officially at local "brand register" in your country. I dont know how is this correctlly called.
thank-you
#4 - lefty
Wigga Woot!

I Think The Whole Scotland Just Shouted "i Care"
#5 - Dumpy
Your team should race theirs for the name, winner takes all.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :If they're both teams of drifters, that should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

hell yer

i havent been playing for long well first i tried with the keyboard i dont know what some idiot was thinking there with the slow and fast steer buttons and handbraking and changing gear and accelerating all at the same time

the mouse well i wont even go there

i thought hmmm a game pad it was ok for being easy but it wasnt quite right

so i got a wheel its so much better, im not that good at drifitng i have had the wheel for a week and it does test my patients soemtimes but i am getting to grips with it i can drift if i do about 5 laps then the tyres start loosing grip

i would love to beat the world record lap time though (with out cheating) from what i have seen on the team inferno website its 1.23 somthing. in a week i have gone from 1.50 to 1.30 anyway but my neck and arms are killing me

haviing a race would that be fair considering some people have been playing for well over a year and are only getting good times by cheating ie going over the barriers and going through the pits?
Quote from daveb948576 :hell yer

i havent been playing for long well first i tried with the keyboard i dont know what some idiot was thinking there with the slow and fast steer buttons and handbraking and changing gear and accelerating all at the same time

the mouse well i wont even go there

i thought hmmm a game pad it was ok for being easy but it wasnt quite right

so i got a wheel its so much better, im not that good at drifitng i have had the wheel for a week and it does test my patients soemtimes but i am getting to grips with it i can drift if i do about 5 laps then the tyres start loosing grip

i would love to beat the world record lap time though (with out cheating) from what i have seen on the team inferno website its 1.23 somthing. in a week i have gone from 1.50 to 1.30 anyway but my neck and arms are killing me

haviing a race would that be fair considering some people have been playing for well over a year and are only getting good times by cheating ie going over the barriers and going through the pits?

No. They know the lines of the track. Practise makes perfect!
How can you be faster by going through the pits?

You would get a stop and go penalty anyway.
#9 - SamH
If you were to get S2 licenced, you could then register your team's name with LFSWorld. Beat the OTHER team to buying an S2 licence, and your Demo team name will also carry. Whoever gets there first gets ownership of that name, OFFICIALLY, with Live For Speed!
Quote from SamH :If you were to get S2 licenced, you could then register your team's name with LFSWorld. Beat the OTHER team to buying an S2 licence, and your Demo team name will also carry. Whoever gets there first gets ownership of that name, OFFICIALLY, with Live For Speed!

you missing the point.The other team doesnt have to register and still can use same team name in LFS.
#11 - SamH
Quote from DEVIL 007 :you missing the point.The other team doesnt have to register and still can use same team name in LFS.

I've not missed the point, really. I was just pointing out the way to get an authoritative claim to the name. When it's registered with LFSWorld, it's more authoritative than when it's not. Then when anyone asks who really SHOULD be using the name, you can point them to LFSWorld.

Anyone can use any team prefix, whether they're a member of that team or not. We see it plenty with team and personal skins. The point being that if you wanted to PROVE that you were the first to "trademark" the name, LFSWorld would be the way to do it.
I has to disagree a bit still.Nobody cant be forced to register the team name on LFSWRLD so if someone will build team with some name/prefix and dont register the name there and some otherguys will come later and register the same name/prefix then they can PROVE it just by registering at LFSWRLD?

Sorry but it doesnt make sense.LFSWRLD doesnt guarantee anything about team names.It just provide the possibility finding out the team website and small info about the players in the team.Nothing more.You would need to worldwide register your team trademark and then you could start arguing with something.

I see however the moral point about the stealing names ofcourse without having to register your team name officially.

I have to develop my english skills much better because I am still strugling with decent expresion :-(
Quote from Sternendaal :No. They know the lines of the track. Practise makes perfect!

no you really can go as fast as you can over the red/white barriers and then slide all the way around the wall and then drive up the pit lane if your good you will get 1.20's doing it
Sorry, but what the hell are you talking about?

Driving through the pit lane isnt 3 seconds faster than the normal track. illepall
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry, but what the hell are you talking about?

Driving through the pit lane isnt 3 seconds faster than the normal track. illepall

ok when the next person does it save a replay for you

team name confusions?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG