The online racing simulator
S2 licenses
(92 posts, started )
I like the fund idea....

If there were a fund setup I would gladly put in a pound or two as I'm sure others would...

But there must be a way to police it...

Maybe the fund would buy an amount of licenses.... say 10

The 'fund' would manage the accounts by keeping the web passwords and giving out the game passwords to the lucky few....

If there's abuse of the licenses then the game password can be changed and given to another user who cannot afford a license ....

To keep the devs happy I'd think an amount of months license should be the limit and then the fund racer should buy a full license for themselves and the license given out again....

The licenses could be called something like fund1, fund2 etc..... and then everyone would know who these racers are and could help the fund 'team' to police the licenses.

Of course, Tristan would be fund Manager
kirmy check PMs.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Hi Tristancliffe,
I dont want to screew this guy to get the licence from you as he seems really to be nice one(why he wouldnt to get the licence for free ) but hope he is not another "faster111" .
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from CharlieP :I like the fund idea....

If there were a fund setup I would gladly put in a pound or two as I'm sure others would...

But there must be a way to police it...

Maybe the fund would buy an amount of licenses.... say 10

The 'fund' would manage the accounts by keeping the web passwords and giving out the game passwords to the lucky few....

If there's abuse of the licenses then the game password can be changed and given to another user who cannot afford a license ....

To keep the devs happy I'd think an amount of months license should be the limit and then the fund racer should buy a full license for themselves and the license given out again....

The licenses could be called something like fund1, fund2 etc..... and then everyone would know who these racers are and could help the fund 'team' to police the licenses.

Of course, Tristan would be fund Manager

The only problem I see with this is controling the fund licenses. For all we know this guy could be part of the iDi wrecking team and get that license banned from nearly all the servers. Meaning the next person to get it would be a bit limited on choice.

The way I see it is that a system could be put in place where the person pays it back into the fund over time. So the fund should only ever need enough for a few licenses as hopefully the person will pay it back to help others who were in there position.

Faster111 is a perfect example of the sort of person to take advantage of peoples good will. I don't mean this to sound like I'm bashing faster111 but Tristan gave him a license FOC and so far whats he done with it? Nothing! His graphics card is broken but fails to listen to the fact that it is not a bug in LFS and will not be solved in the next patch. In the end thats a license which could have gone to someone much more deserving, there are quite a lot of demo users who have done good things for the community.
dont worry guys its sorted
Cheers Tiny, saved me a few quid. I'll buy you a Barbie in compensation.
these threads give me a nice warm feeling inside. then make me feel awfull when i realise i have bot all to do with it. i want to buy someone a license now. but i dont actually have £24 in my bank account atm maybe in a month or so.
Quote from tristancliffe :Cheers Tiny, saved me a few quid. I'll buy you a Barbie in compensation.

Setup the trust fund with Danowat as compensation for this angelic act by TinyK......

I'm sure people will contribute as long as they know it will be policed properly.

Quote from kieran :The only problem I see with this is controling the fund licenses. For all we know this guy could be part of the iDi wrecking team and get that license banned from nearly all the servers. Meaning the next person to get it would be a bit limited on choice.

For the fund to work, Scavier would have to be on-board so that they can ban abusers at the master server and allow for the fund licenses to be incremented. Either that or we'll need a site with details of license updates so that admins can unban when they are asked to by the new user of the ID.

Hopefully Scawen or Victor might comment ? Eric might too, but you'll never see it on here
It's something I think would be good to do, however it was implemented, I am sure it can only benefit the community (and ultimatly the devs).

If the devs think its a good idea, I am sure a few of us can thrash out the fine points and see if its viable.

Dan,
...Your licensed now
*sigh* was there any need to bump such an old thread?
Well, he did at least use the search button to find this topic, thats at least something
i may not pay eather, infact: i may not even download the game
#91 - Jakg
....?!

What?
Quote from MAE_2007 :i may not pay eather, infact: i may not even download the game

Thats a choice your free to make but not one I would recommend

Your lose not ours

S2 licenses
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG