The online racing simulator
Mod Request - Type 3 Ambulance
(7 posts, started )
If anyone happens to have the time, building a type 3 ambulance would be extremely helpful for me. I teach driver training and I'd love to demonstrate suspension loads of the ambulance in Live For Speed. This way I can safely show how rapid inputs of a heavy emergency vehicle can cause understeer, overloading of the suspicion and potentially a rollover event.

Type 3 ambulances are the typical ambulances you see in the United States. They are truck chassis with a box attached to them where patient care happens. They are typically 6000-7000kg when loaded and powered by a 3.5 - 5.0L Turbo Diesel engine that are often connected to a 8 speed transmission that only drives the rear wheels. The rears are "dualies" meaning that they are two wheels on the left and two on the right to handle the extra load that it must carry. They are around 700-750cm in length, 225-250cm in width, and 260-285cm in height.

Thank you for your time.
a few problems to realistaically make this, we can only make models with single wheels per side and we don't have a solid axle like those ambulances have, so it will be a challenge to get it to handle the same as IRL ambulances.

but very nice idea to use it for educational purposes. hope somebody here will be able to help you.

have a great day and all the best
It has different specs but maybe you can get in touch with the author
Quote from Flame CZE :something similar is in review

It is similar ONLY way it looks! It contains default frame (center of gravity and moment of inertia not relevant, at all), engine and fuel tank coordinates = 0,0,0 and so on we have Ambulance Truck lighter than Miata with kart-grade handling. I do not wish Mr. Dygear judge the accuracy of LFS mods by hususu9633 made mods.
Maybe u can share the position off different mass Inside the vehicle?
Quote from Egor K :It is similar ONLY way it looks! It contains default frame (center of gravity and moment of inertia not relevant, at all), engine and fuel tank coordinates = 0,0,0 and so on we have Ambulance Truck lighter than Miata with kart-grade handling. I do not wish Mr. Dygear judge the accuracy of LFS mods by hususu9633 made mods.

Ah yes, it's a shame that some mods don't have accurate mass distribution frames.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG