The online racing simulator
LFS Test Patch 0.7E15
(164 posts, started )
Something tells me it could be antivirus software. Every time we do an update there are several reports about issues with antivirus. I wish people would report the problem to the antivirus software developers, instead of us, as the bug is not in LFS but the antivirus software. Schwitz

Anyway, maybe that's not what's happening in your case. Smile Do you have antivirus software?

Do you see something like the attached image when you run the installer?

EDIT: If you have the correct LFS.exe in your folder, it will have date: 18 June 2024
Attached images
install.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Something tells me it could be antivirus software. Every time we do an update...

Ok, so I deactivated the antivirus again and again. No it seems that it worked.

False alarm, I guess, at the end.

Thank you again very much for your time and interest.
OK, good to know you got it sorted.

It seems strange, if the antivirus blocked the installation, that it did not inform you of this.
Hello. After the new update im unable to turn on my server. When i try to turn it on it show up an error "Node error. The host was not started." Host version has been changed to 0.7e14 . Changing host location also not helps.
Quote from Windx :Hello. After the new update im unable to turn on my server. When i try to turn it on it show up an error "Node error. The host was not started." Host version has been changed to 0.7e14 . Changing host location also not helps.

try

Scawen post:

Quote :After setting to E14, remember to click "Submit changes" at the bottom of the page, before you start the host, or it will certainly not start (because it will still be E13 which is no longer supported).

EDIT: I've added a duplicate "Submit changes" button at the top of the page. It was easy to miss as you would have to scroll down to see it.

I don't want to sound disrespectful, but please, Scawen, can you do NOT ruin PIC/bkg_entry with every minor patch. One of the LFS's best feature from past is that we may have custom page backgrounds ( and i hope you'll keep it).
Lfs instalation asks you if you want to overwrite the files. If you click yes to all, you basically alowed your picture to be overwritten. Alternative is to go one by one clicking yes or no. Or simply backup your picture and replace it just after instalation.
I see, it's because the patch is from 0.7A to 0.7E13 and the new background was added in 0.7C. Ideally the patch should only include changed files from 0.7E to 0.7E13, but maybe there are some technical reasons why it's done this way Uhmm
Quote from Scawen : I wish people would report the problem to the antivirus software developers, instead of us, as the bug is not in LFS but the antivirus software.

The problem is that installation programs with integrated 7z archives often lead to false positive results more frequently than other installation programs. The normal installation programs in the Patch Test Forum could simply be renamed from .exe to .7z and then unpacked with any packer and manually synchronized. This did not work with E13. Why don't you just give up on 7z? I think that most of the false positive reports are related to 7z. I couldn't even install 7z without taking a detour through Universal Extractor.
Quote from matze54564 :The normal installation programs in the Patch Test Forum could simply be renamed from .exe to .7z and then unpacked with any packer and manually synchronized. This did not work with E13.

It worked for me:

Quote from matze54564 :I couldn't even install 7z without taking a detour through Universal Extractor.

What do you mean by this?
Attached images
e13 7z.jpg
Quote from Windx :I did it when change version, but it doesn't help.

Hi, I've been having a look into your host.

I found one setting was out of bounds. I don't know how it happened but I see that pps is 16, which is not possible. I hope your host will start if you set this to something between 6 and 12.

The setting is "Packets per second" in extended settings.
Quote from Scawen :Hi, I've been having a look into your host...

Now it works. Thanks for help
Quote from Flame CZE :I see, it's because the patch is from 0.7A to 0.7E13 and the new background was added in 0.7C. Ideally the patch should only include changed files from 0.7E to 0.7E13, but maybe there are some technical reasons why it's done this way Uhmm

I think this should be possible and I've made a note to look at it for the next test patch.
Scawen, on the UDP not reaching the host, there has been in my experience a nice improvement here. I was able to play without a VPN today and the patch switched me to TCP in the connection list when my UDP failed. Very happy with this as I did not want a VPN just for LFS. Thank you!
i'm having an issue that only appeared after updating to E13... I'm not able to join US servers anymore, every time i try it says "Connect Timed Out." i checked it was not my internet, i tried joining other server locations (japan, netherlands and brazil) and it seemed to work perfectly fine. i even re-installed E13 patch and i still have the same issue.
Any idea of what it could be or is there any way to fix this?
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : will send PM about a test
-
(redekizde) DELETED by Scawen : will send PM about a test
-
-
-
-
-
-
Quote from redekizde :Any idea of what it could be or is there any way to fix this?

I've sent you a PM about a quick test to get some more information.

EDIT: problem solved.
I've uploaded a minor update, this time it's E to E14 (not A to E14) so it won't update any background image unexpectedly.

This update simply adds favourites to the List of Hosts screen, which is helpful as there is no longer a ping column. You can sort by that column and also the two-letter country code column.

I'll wait for it to be tested before adding it to the auto updater.

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106967
Hello. The new testing patch is great. A very nice update for the community. Thanks.

The update can be sent to all players with peace of mind.

They can check the new update before installing. Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/cYBMpw623dw

I just noticed the relevant change happening on local servers:

https://youtu.be/32z4e0xRHhE
Thanks for the testing. I've put it on the auto updater now.
I noticed something. https://youtu.be/cYBMpw623dw
In this video, I removed a server from my favorites at the 14th second. When I went back to the menu and did list servers again, the list was not updated.

What would it be like to update the server list every time we click on it when we return to the menu? I think I was able to explain the purpose of updating the list.

Note:Maybe it's a very unnecessary detail. The list is updated only when we list the servers when we first enter the game. But when we go back to the menu and open the list, the list is not updated. You need to press the refresh button. I just don't understand the logic here.
It's done this way so that when you add or remove favourites, they don't jump around.

You don't need to click refresh to update it, you can click the star at the top of the sorting column.
Thanks. I tested it now. It's beautiful.
I have a bit of feedback for the server favourite function.

as far as i can see, your favourites are being sorted by having the most recently faved servers on top of the list.

It would in my opinion make sense to have it ordered alphabetically or have a secondary-sorting mechanism.

ie when you sort by name, then by favourites, your favourite servers appear at the top of the list and then are sorted alphabetically, same for connections, track etc.
Most recently faved goes to the top, then after that the most recently visited one moves to the top.

LFS Test Patch 0.7E15
(164 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG